Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Installed AIX6.1 in LPAR, but fail to start xclock Post 302497430 by AixCraft on Thursday 17th of February 2011 07:27:40 AM
Old 02-17-2011
Are you running from windows or linux?

if Windows what xserver you are running on your desktop?

If Linux try to run the xhost+ in the linux terminal.

Last edited by Scott; 02-17-2011 at 05:38 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to run xclock

Hello. I am trying to run xclock on newly built solaris box - These are the steps I followed: # DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 # export DISPLAY # xclock xclock: not found # cd /usr/openwin/bin # ./xclock Error: Can't open display: localhost:0.0 # Please suggest, what am i doing wrong? Thank... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
27 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xclock and background

Hi everyone, could you explain why am I not able to bring up xclock, or for that matter any Xtools (xcalc etc...), in the background? When I execute: xclock & This brings up the clock in the foreground, my focus is on the clock, not back in my command window. Any suggestion? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
2 Replies

3. AIX

DCE fail to start Initial Directory server - help

Guys I am having a problem starting one of the DCE Servers known as Initial Directory server . All other process are running ecxept these one Master server Configured Running Security client Configured Running RPC ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aix|Dr
1 Replies

4. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Xclock help

This is where I am getting stuck and I am wondering if I can get some help from the community. I log into putty with X11 forward enable echo $DISPLAY DISPLAY=localhost:10.0 export DISPLAY xclock ( I do see a clock) :) I am happy that I finally get to install Oracle 11g on solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Xclock command not working

Hi, I am using Xming tool to open the my RHEL machine remotely in UI mode. When I use xclock command using 'root', the command works properly and I can see the clock pop-up. However, when I run the 'xclock' command using oracle user I get an error, which is shown in the attached file. Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omniok
6 Replies

8. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies

9. AIX

Startx xclock on virtual lpar

Hello, Is there a way to run xclock or startx on LPAR, since LPAR doesn't have any console or it is connected to HMC usually the way is to export the display to some PC which has Xmanager running on it, but in my case, I want to run xmanager on the AIX Lpar and run on it the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
UUIDD(8)						       System Administration							  UUIDD(8)

NAME
uuidd - UUID generation daemon SYNOPSIS
uuidd [options] DESCRIPTION
The uuidd daemon is used by the UUID library to generate universally unique identifiers (UUIDs), especially time-based UUIDs, in a secure and guaranteed-unique fashion, even in the face of large numbers of threads running on different CPUs trying to grab UUIDs. OPTIONS
-d Run uuidd in debugging mode. This prevents uuidd from running as a daemon. -h, --help Display help screen and exit. -k, --kill If currently a uuidd daemon is running, kill it. -n, --uuids number When issuing a test request to a running uuidd, request a bulk response of number UUIDs. -p, --pid path Specify the pathname where the pid file should be written. By default, the pid file is written to /var/run/uuidd/uuidd.pid. -q Suppress some failure messages. -r, --random Test uuidd by trying to connect to a running uuidd daemon and request it to return a random-based UUID. -s, --socket path Specify the pathname used for the unix-domain socket used by uuidd. By default, the pathname used is /var/run/uuidd/request. This is primarily for debugging purposes, since the pathname is hard-coded in the libuuid library. -T, --timeout timeout Specify a timeout for uuidd. If specified, then uuidd will exit after timeout seconds of inactivity. -t, --time Test uuidd by trying to connect to a running uuidd daemon and request it to return a time-based UUID. -V, --version Output version information and exit. EXAMPLE
Start up a daemon, print 42 random keys, and then stop the daemon. uuidd -p /tmp/uuidd.pid -s /tmp/uuidd.socket uuidd -d -r -n 42 -s /tmp/uuidd.socket uuidd -d -k -s /tmp/uuidd.socket AUTHOR
The uuidd daemon was written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>. AVAILABILITY
The uuidd daemon is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuidgen(1) util-linux June 2011 UUIDD(8)