Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk to Search and Replace inside the pipe "|" Post 302497380 by kurumi on Thursday 17th of February 2011 04:36:17 AM
Old 02-17-2011
Code:
 $ ruby -i -ne 'print $_.gsub!(/""/,"\"")' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed , Replace a "variable text" inside of a statement

Please Help... I am trying to manipulte the following line Before : <user:Account_Password>002786</user:Account_Password> the password is the "variable", i need to delete / omit the password in the file, (it occurs several thousand times) so the tag line looks like After:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackn7
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk's getline < "-" seems not work for pipe

Hi all, I have an gawk script to get user's input, So I use getline name < "-" (or getline name < "/dev/stdin") in my script They both work fine when my script deals with files. But it is broken for pipes. When I try "some command | my awk script", the variable name just gets an empty... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interesting question - Search and replace the word after sign "="

Hi Guys, Req your help in searching and replacing the word that comes after equals(=) symbol I would like to replace the sting in bold with a string in variable. d=ABCDF8C44C22 # grep -i NIM_MASTERID ${_NIMINFO} export NIM_MASTERID=00CDF8C44C00 I'm looking to replace any word that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed for "/7.*" search and replace

Hi , I have this file having thousands of records in it . I want to remove every 9 digit number starting with 7 in it . The few lines from the sample file are "/-GEO-Prizm-Dashes-Covers-Caps-Trim/720000100-200742232-600022761.car"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a string which is in between "" and replace it with another character

Hi, I am trying to search a string from a text file which is in between "" (Double Quotes) (Eg: "Unix"), and replace it with a | where ever it is appearing in the text file and save the file. Please help me. -kkmdv (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkmdv
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with "[" and "]" and "dot" within the search string

Hello. Following recommendations for one of my threads, this is working perfectly : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text 1" -e "some text 2" -e "some text 3" "/tmp/log_file.txt" ) Now I need a grep success for some thing like : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies
ERB(1)							 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						    ERB(1)

NAME
erb -- Ruby Templating SYNOPSIS
erb [--version] [-UPdnvx] [-E ext[:int]] [-S level] [-T mode] [-r library] [--] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
erb is a command line front-end for ERB library, which is an implementation of eRuby. ERB provides an easy to use but powerful templating system for Ruby. Using ERB, actual Ruby code can be added to any plain text document for the purposes of generating document information details and/or flow control. erb is a part of Ruby. OPTIONS
--version Prints the version of erb. -E external[:internal] --encoding external[:internal] Specifies the default value(s) for external encodings and internal encoding. Values should be separated with colon (:). You can omit the one for internal encodings, then the value (Encoding.default_internal) will be nil. -P Evaluates lines starting with % as Ruby code and removes the tailing EOLs. -S level Specifies the safe level in which eRuby script will run. -T mode Specifies trim mode (default 0). mode can be one of 0 EOL remains after the embedded ruby script is evaluated. 1 EOL is removed if the line ends with %>. 2 EOL is removed if the line starts with <% and ends with %>. - EOL is removed if the line ends with -%>. And leading whitespaces are removed if the erb directive starts with <%-. -U can be one of Sets the default value for internal encodings (Encoding.default_internal) to UTF-8. -d --debug Turns on debug mode. $DEBUG will be set to true. -h --help Prints a summary of the options. -n Used with -x. Prepends the line number to each line in the output. -v Enables verbose mode. $VERBOSE will be set to true. -x Converts the eRuby script into Ruby script and prints it without line numbers. EXAMPLES
Here is an eRuby script <?xml version="1.0" ?> <% require 'prime' -%> <erb-example> <calc><%= 1+1 %></calc> <var><%= __FILE__ %></var> <library><%= Prime.each(10).to_a.join(", ") %></library> </erb-example> Command % erb -T - example.erb prints <?xml version="1.0" ?> <erb-example> <calc>2</calc> <var>example.erb</var> <library>2, 3, 5, 7</library> </erb-example> SEE ALSO
ruby(1). And see ri(1) documentation for ERB class. REPORTING BUGS
Security vulnerabilities should be reported via an email to <security@ruby-lang.org>. Reported problems will be published after being fixed. And you can report other bugs and feature requests via the Ruby Issue Tracking System (http://bugs.ruby-lang.org). Do not report security vulnerabilities via the system because it publishes the vulnerabilities immediately. AUTHORS
Written by Masatoshi SEKI. UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX