Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing Strings in 2 .csv/txt files? Post 302497356 by bartus11 on Thursday 17th of February 2011 03:31:51 AM
Old 02-17-2011
What would be the output of this comparison?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text drivers for .txt and .csv files ??

As a newcomer to UNIX I need to know if there are .txt and .csx ODBC drivers available. I want to import some data and the UNIX tech which I am in contact with does not know much about UNIX! He asked me to find out if these drivers existed or use a 'LOAD DATA INFILE' command, which is not too... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: noodles
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two txt files - pls help

Hi, I have some text files. I need a separate shell say 1.sh in which i can open a particular text file and compare with another txt file. For example: 1.log.txt contains apple ball cat goat 2.log.txt contains goat cat lion apple fox In my i.sh i need to write script to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing strings in seperate files

Hello, I am comparing files with for mismatches using fgrep but I've run into a problem. fgrep -vf $file1 $file2 > mismatches.dat file1 and file2 both contain file names on each line file1 has filenames which are up to 92 characters long and contain the "$" char. example file name:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two .txt files in shell scripting...

Hi, I have two big .txt files.and i need to compare those two files and redirect it into some other file. If any body wants to resolve this issue then i can send the two text files. Need some quick responce. Thanks, prakash (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash123
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing csv files

Hi! I'm just new to shell scripting n simple tasks looks so tough in initial stage. i need to write a script which will read a property file, property file will be containing count of the csv files, and in a folder(same folder) there will be respective csv files. like Property file data1=100... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing two txt files with AWK

Hi, I need to compare two text files with awk. File1: ------- chr1 43815007 43815009 COSM19193 REF=TG;OBS=AA;ANCHOR=G AMPL495041 chr1 43815008 43815009 COSM18918 REF=G;OBS=T;ANCHOR=T AMPL495041 chr1 115256527 115256528 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RushiK
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 difference csv files

Hello, I have about 10 csv files which range from csv1 - csv10. Each csv file has same type/set of tabs and we have around 5-6 tabs for each of the csv file which have slightly different content(data). A sample of CSV1 is shown below: Joins: Data related to Joins, it can be any number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two .txt files

i am working on a shell script and need help in the comparing part of it. for e.g. there two text files like this: file1.txt Code: name1 name2 name3 file1 has to be comared with file2 defaultfile.txt Code: name1 name2 (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 CSV files and sending the difference to a new csv file

(say) I have 2 csv files - file1.csv & file2.csv as mentioned below: file1.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,40 3000,3,50 4000,4,60 file2.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,45 3000,4,55 6000,5,70 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naresh101
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two CSV files

I have two csv files and im trying to compare them. e.g. SAMPLE DATA: file one: ZipCode Name 20878 Washington 10023 Missouri 20304 Maryland file two: ID Name City ZipCode 11654 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan139
11 Replies
Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution::Packages - list all packages on various Linux distributions SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution::Packages qw(distribution_packages distribution_write); $linux = new Linux::Distribution::Packages({'format' => 'csv', 'output_file' => 'packages.csv'}); $linux->distribution_write(); # Or you can (re)set the options when you write. $linux->distribution_write({'format' => 'xml', 'output_file' => 'packages.xml'}); # If you want to reload the package data $linux->distribution_packages(); DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that uses Linux::Distribution to guess the linux distribution and then uses the correct commands to list all the packages on the system and then output them in one of three formats: native, csv, and xml. Distributions currently working: debian, ubuntu, fedora, redhat, suse, gentoo, slackware, redflag. The module inherits from Linux::Distribution, so can also use its calls. EXPORT None by default. TODO
* Add the capability to correctly get packages for all recognized distributions. * Seperate out parsing from writing. Parse data to hash and give access to hash. Then write the formatted data from the hash. AUTHORS
Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2006-04-19 Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)