Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing Strings in 2 .csv/txt files? Post 302497356 by bartus11 on Thursday 17th of February 2011 03:31:51 AM
Old 02-17-2011
What would be the output of this comparison?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text drivers for .txt and .csv files ??

As a newcomer to UNIX I need to know if there are .txt and .csx ODBC drivers available. I want to import some data and the UNIX tech which I am in contact with does not know much about UNIX! He asked me to find out if these drivers existed or use a 'LOAD DATA INFILE' command, which is not too... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: noodles
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two txt files - pls help

Hi, I have some text files. I need a separate shell say 1.sh in which i can open a particular text file and compare with another txt file. For example: 1.log.txt contains apple ball cat goat 2.log.txt contains goat cat lion apple fox In my i.sh i need to write script to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing strings in seperate files

Hello, I am comparing files with for mismatches using fgrep but I've run into a problem. fgrep -vf $file1 $file2 > mismatches.dat file1 and file2 both contain file names on each line file1 has filenames which are up to 92 characters long and contain the "$" char. example file name:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two .txt files in shell scripting...

Hi, I have two big .txt files.and i need to compare those two files and redirect it into some other file. If any body wants to resolve this issue then i can send the two text files. Need some quick responce. Thanks, prakash (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash123
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing csv files

Hi! I'm just new to shell scripting n simple tasks looks so tough in initial stage. i need to write a script which will read a property file, property file will be containing count of the csv files, and in a folder(same folder) there will be respective csv files. like Property file data1=100... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing two txt files with AWK

Hi, I need to compare two text files with awk. File1: ------- chr1 43815007 43815009 COSM19193 REF=TG;OBS=AA;ANCHOR=G AMPL495041 chr1 43815008 43815009 COSM18918 REF=G;OBS=T;ANCHOR=T AMPL495041 chr1 115256527 115256528 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RushiK
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 difference csv files

Hello, I have about 10 csv files which range from csv1 - csv10. Each csv file has same type/set of tabs and we have around 5-6 tabs for each of the csv file which have slightly different content(data). A sample of CSV1 is shown below: Joins: Data related to Joins, it can be any number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two .txt files

i am working on a shell script and need help in the comparing part of it. for e.g. there two text files like this: file1.txt Code: name1 name2 name3 file1 has to be comared with file2 defaultfile.txt Code: name1 name2 (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 CSV files and sending the difference to a new csv file

(say) I have 2 csv files - file1.csv & file2.csv as mentioned below: file1.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,40 3000,3,50 4000,4,60 file2.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,45 3000,4,55 6000,5,70 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naresh101
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two CSV files

I have two csv files and im trying to compare them. e.g. SAMPLE DATA: file one: ZipCode Name 20878 Washington 10023 Missouri 20304 Maryland file two: ID Name City ZipCode 11654 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan139
11 Replies
fstrcasecmp(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    fstrcasecmp(3)

NAME
fstrcasecmp - fuzzy comparison of two strings ignoring case SYNOPSIS
#include <fstrcmp.h> #define FSTRCMP_IDENTICAL #define FSTRCMP_THRESHOLD #define FSTRCMP_ERROR double fstrcasecmp(const char *string1, const char *string2); DESCRIPTION
The fstrcmp() function compares the two strings, string1 and string2, ignoring case. RETURN VALUE
The fstrcasecmp function returns a floating point value between 0.0 and FSTRCMP_IDENTICAL. A value of 0.0 means the strings are utterly un-alike. A value of FSTRCMP_IDENTICAL means the strings are identical. A value of more than FSTRCMP_THRESHOLD (it lies between 0.0 and FSTRCMP_IDENTICAL) would be considered "similar" by most people. A value of FSTRCMP_ERROR (always negative) indicates a malloc(3) failure. SEE ALSO
fmemcmp(3) fuzzy comparison of two memory areas fstrcasecmpi(3) fuzzy comparison of two strings ignoring case fstrcmp(3) fuzzy comparison of two strings strcasecmp(3) compare two strings ignoring case COPYRIGHT
fstrcmp version 0.4 Copyright (C) 2009 Peter Miller Peter Miller <pmiller@opensource.org.au> The comparison code is derived from the fuzzy comparison functions in GNU Gettext 0.17. The GNU Gettext comparison functions were, in turn, derived from GNU Diff 2.7. Copyright (C) 1988-2009 Free Software Foundation fstrcasecmp(3)