Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting deleting lines between patterns using sed or awk Post 302497343 by sunrexstar on Thursday 17th of February 2011 02:16:43 AM
Old 02-17-2011
deleting lines between patterns using sed or awk

hi,
Here is excerpt from my xml file

Code:
<!-- The custom module to do the authentication for LDAP
                  -->

</login-module>
                        <login-module code="com.nlayers.seneca.security.LdapLogin" flag="sufficient">
                <module-option name="java.naming.factory.initial">com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory</module-option>
                <module-option name="java.naming.provider.url">ldap://ip/</module-option>
                <module-option name="java.naming.security.authentication">simple</module-option>
                <module-option name="principalDNPrefix">cn=</module-option>
                                <module-option name="principalDNSuffix">,cn=Users,dc=X,dc=Y</module-option>
                                <module-option name="allowEmptyPasswords">false</module-option>
            </login-module>
                </authentication>

Please can some one tell me how can i delete all the lines between the text <!-- The custom module to do the authentication for LDAP
-->
and </authentication>

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines after pattern using sed

I have seen there are many sed posts but still it is quite difficult to apply other post to my own problem How can I delete all lines in a file from 2 lines after this pattern *End_fine_coreg:_NORMAL to the end of file? Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larne
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help deleting lines with SED.

I take the /etc/passwd file and print it out, but I only want the lines that end with sh. I have cat /etc/passwd | sed '/sh/!d' Which prints out all lines that have sh somewhere in it. So I added $, which I thought matches the ends on lines, but its not working, like for example I have have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines between two patterns without deleting the second pattern

I want to delete lines like this sed '/FROM_HERE/,/TO_HERE/d' but I would like to *not* delete the second match, i.e. the TO_HERE line. How can I achieve this? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ilja
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines using Sed

Hi All, Please can anyone help me as am deleting a line in a file with the below script: sed '/"$value"/d' redirects.virgin-atlantic.com.conf > olist where $value is a variable where the pattern to be matched is stored. I am not getting any error also but the line containing the pattern... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching patterns in 1 file and deleting all lines with those patterns in 2nd file

Hi Gurus, I have a file say for ex. file1 which has 3500 lines in it which are different account numbers and another file (file2) which has 230000 lines in it. I want to read all the lines in file1 and delete all those lines from file2 which has that same pattern as in file1. I am not quite... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: deleting 5 lines after a specified pattern

As an example (just an example, this could apply to any block of text) say I have this: architecture x86_64 cputype CPU_TYPE_X86_64 cpusubtype CPU_SUBTYPE_X86_64_ALL offset 4096 size 2972420 align 2^12 (4096) architecture ppc64 cputype CPU_TYPE_POWERPC64 cpusubtype... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines above the patterns

I want to delete 1 line above the paatern and 3 lines below the pattern and the pattern line itself, on the whole 5 lines. If there are three patterns to be deleted what to do and the final text file to be captured in a new file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: razen
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines above the patterns

I want to delete 1 line above the paatern and 3 line below the pattern and the pattern line itself, on the whole 5 lines. If there are three patterns what to do and the final text file to be captured in a new file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: razen
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting last 3 lines from a file via sed

Hi Anybody can help me to delete the last 3 lines from a text file via sed under SunOS 5.8? Thanks Aldar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the lines exist between the Mattched Patterns

Hi, I have a file with the content: for name in \ sree\ rama\ laila\ srihari\ vicky\ john do echo $name done I need to remove all the name lines that exist between for (first line) and do line so that i can replace with new names. Output file should look like: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
3 Replies
LWP::Protocol::ldap(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    LWP::Protocol::ldap(3)

NAME
LWP::Protocol::ldap - Provide LDAP support for LWP::UserAgent SYNOPSIS
use LWP::UserAgent; $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new(); $res = $ua->get('ldap://ldap.example.com/' . 'o=University%20of%20Michigan,c=US??sub?(cn=Babs%20Jensen)', Accept => 'text/json'): DESCRIPTION
The LWP::Protocol::ldap module provides support for using ldap schemed URLs following RFC 4516 with LWP. This module is a plug-in to the LWP protocol handling, so you don't use it directly. In addition to being used with LDAP URIs, LWP::Protocol::ldap also acts as the base class for its sibling modules LWP::Protocol::ldaps and LWP::Protocol::ldapi. Features HTTP methods supported LWP::Protocol::ldap implements the HTTP GET and HEAD methods. They are mapped to the LDAP search operation, Response format Depending on the HTTP Accept header provided by the user agent, LWP::Protocol::ldap can answer the requests in one of the following formats: DSML When the HTTP Accept header contains the "text/dsml" MIME type, the response is sent as DSMLv1. JSON When the HTTP Accept header contains the "text/json" MIME type, the response is sent as JSON. For this to work the JSON Perl module needs to be installed. LDIF When the HTTP Accept header contains the "text/ldif" MIME type, the response is sent in LDIFv1 format. HTML In case no HTTP Accept header has been sent or none of the above MIME types can be detected, and the x-format extension has not been provided either, the response is sent using HTML markup in a 2-column table format (roughly modeled on LDIF). As an alternative to sending an HTTP Accept header, LWP::Protocol::ldap also accepts the "x-format" extension Example: ldap://ldap.example.com/o=University%20of%20Michigan,c=US??sub?(cn=Babs%20Jensen)?x-format=dsml TLS support For ldap and ldapi URIs, the module implements the "x-tls" extension that switches the LDAP connection to TLS using a call of the start_tls method. Example: ldap://ldap.example.com/o=University%20of%20Michigan,c=US??sub?(cn=Babs%20Jensen)?x-tls=1 Note: In the above example, ideally giving "x-tls" should be sufficient, but unfortunately the parser in URI::ldap has a little flaw. Authorization Usually the connection is done anonymously, but if the HTTP Authorization header is provided with credentials for HTTP Basic authorization, the credentials given in that header will be used to do a simple bind to the LDAP server. SEE ALSO
LWP::Protocol::ldaps, LWP::Protocol::ldapi COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Graham Barr, 2012 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-08 LWP::Protocol::ldap(3)