Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script for User AUTH Help Post 302497330 by DC Slick on Thursday 17th of February 2011 01:33:57 AM
Old 02-17-2011
Your for loop is looking for $List, where's $List? Don't you mean $LIST_USERS?

but again i'm curious why your password variable is equal to your user variable. Do your users have the same pass as their username? also, string comparisons are done with one equals sign [ $PASSWORD = $i ]

---------- Post updated at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:19 PM ----------

Code:
 #!/bin/sh
/bin/clear
echo "What's your user name?"
 read usrName
usrPass=""
case $usrName in
         user1) usrPass="pass1"
         break
;;
         user2) usrPass="pass2"
         break
;;
         user3) usrPass="pass3"
         break
;;
         *) echo "Invalid username"
         exit 1
;;
esac
echo "What's your password?"
read usrPwdin
[ $usrPass != $usrPwdin ] && echo "Incorrect password" && exit 1
echo "Password accepted"
# do stuff here...

I'm still learning myself, but I whipped this up for you. Maybe it can help...
This User Gave Thanks to DC Slick For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Shell script

I'm very new at this -- HELP! I need to know how to terminate a users session when they exit a shell script menu? Any ideas would be much appreciated! Holli (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOlli
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

su to another user in shell script

Hi All, I want some help in creating a shell script. I am running a script thru user1, then I need to su to user2, run a script from that user and return back to user1 and proceed further. Please help me. Abhi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akdwivedi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to change a user password using script

Hi Experts, I had tried to executes this script to change the user password through script: No lines in buffer #!/bin/ksh cat /etc/passwd | grep -v userid >> /tmp/pass.tmp1 cat /etc/passwd | grep userid >> /tmp/pass.tmp2 PASS1=`cat /tmp/pass.tmp2 | cut -d ":" -f2` PASS2=`q2w3e4r5` sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_renu
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Proxy auth fails in shell

hi I am using RHEL 5.5. I updated the http-proxy like this http_proxy=http://username:password@IP:port/ When i do ping www.google.com PING www.l.google.com (74.125.236.177) 56(84) bytes of data. then it goes blank. I dont know why. But in the same linux, in gui mode. In... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanagurus
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Login as another user through Shell script from current user[Not Root]

Hi Every body, I would need a shell script program to login as different user and perform some copy commands in the script. example: Supppose ora_toms is the active user ora_toms should be able to run a script where user: ftptomsp pass: XXX should login through and run the commands ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal27
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Switch from Local user to root user from a shell script?

Hi, I need to switch from local user to root user in a shell script. I need to make it automated so that it doesn't prompt for the root password. I heard the su command will do that work but it prompt for the password. and also can someone tell me whether su command spawns a new shell or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP script that detects if auth is required or not on Apache Splunk

I am currently trying to do a PHP script that detects automatically if Apache Splunk authentication is required or not but I'm having a hard time since HTTP code 303 is always coming back, even if auth is required or not. Here is the script so far; <?php /** * Apache Splunk script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: syrius
4 Replies
asadmin-list-file-users(1AS)					   User Commands				      asadmin-list-file-users(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-file-users, list-file-users - lists the file users SYNOPSIS
list-file-users --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] [--authrealmname auth_realm_name] DESCRIPTION
Lists all the file users. If the auth_realm_name is not specified, an entry is created in the default keyfile. If auth_realm_name is speci- fied, an entry is created in the keyfile where the auth-realm name in the domain.xml file points to.This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --authrealmname name, in the domain.xml file, where you have different stores for file auth realm. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the list-file-users command asadmin> list-file-users --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 --authrealmname auth-realm1 Command list-file-user executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-delete-file-user(1AS), asadmin-update-file-user(1AS), asadmin-create-file-user(1AS), asadmin-list-file-groups(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-file-users(1AS)