Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uname too vague?
Operating Systems Linux Fedora uname too vague? Post 302497230 by neurorad on Wednesday 16th of February 2011 03:32:42 PM
Old 02-16-2011
thank you all, those tips have done the trick!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

uname -S

hi , i have made a mistake :( on the production enviourment by change tha host name . after that i returned back the old name. but i think this will not afeect the system until reboot the machine. laso i tried to telnet the syetem by the host name not by the IP address and it works fine. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
2 Replies

2. Linux

Uname

what is the difference between uname -m and uname -i what it actually means (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dileepsp
2 Replies

3. Solaris

uname help

hi all, Operating System Name : Unix Sun Solaris Operating system release level : 5.10 Operating system version : Generic_137111-06 i know the release level that is kernel version Generic_137111-06 what is number... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uname command

Hi, Can anyone let me know the -n option in uname command in unix? Gone through the man pages of uname, but unable to interpret. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tr command with uname -n

Using the command : echo $eup_terminal_code | tr -s 'mil vrn qcm' 'mci pql qcm' it works,but this translation changes depending on the system. I'd like to define the following variables ,one for each system : mil22h_from='mil vrn frl' mil22h_to='mci vci fci' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pierluigi.sala
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uname -a output

Can anyone please let me know the meaning of output of uname -a ? I am totally new to unix or linux and just thinking to start learning. When I run uname -a the output I get is - "Linux blx28ap01 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5 #1 SMP Sat May 7 20:18:50 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux" I want to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
7 Replies

7. Solaris

uname -a

bssmsrv223:/ 53 ] uname -a SunOS bssmsrv223 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245 bssmsrv223:/ 54 ] what does 118833-36 denotes in Generic_118833-36 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
2 Replies

8. Linux

Difference between UNAME and WHO

Hi, What is the exact output tells me when i issued UNAME and WHO ? Regards, Nantha.Y (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
2 Replies
DISPLAY-DHAMMAPADA(1)					      General Commands Manual					     DISPLAY-DHAMMAPADA(1)

NAME
display-dhammapada - display a verse from the Dhammapada SYNOPSIS
display-dhammapada [-r | -m | -b | -pl] [<number> | all] dhamma [-r | -m | -b | -pl] [<number> | all] xdhamma [<number>] gtk-dhammapada OPTIONS
-r Use John Richard's translation (default) -m Use F. Max Muller's translation -b Display the same verse(s) from both -pl Use Polish language translation <number> specify the number of the verse(s) to display all display all file at once With no arguments a random verse is printed. DESCRIPTION
The Dhammapada is an anthology of 423 verses from the Kuddaka Nikaya part of the Theravada Pali Canon. It contains Buddhist ethical and spiritual precepts. One of the translations is by John Richards; the other is an older translation by F. Max Muller. Polish translation is by Zbigniew Becker. display-dhammapada prints to the standard output. xdhamma prints using xmessage on an X Window screen, or in bold using tputs on a text terminal. EXAMPLES
To display a verse each time you log in on a terminal, put display-dhammapada or xdhamma in your ~/.profile, ~/.bash_profile or ~/.login, as appropriate for your shell. To display a verse each time you log in on X Window, put xdhamma in your ~/.xsession. KDE 2.1 has "amor" toy that can display various tips. To use the dhammapada for that enter these commands at shell prompt: mkdir ~/.kde/share/apps/amor display-dhammapada -r all |perl -0777 -pe 's/ s* s* / % /g' >~/.kde/share/apps/amor/tips Then start amor K->Toys->Amor, right click on amor animation, select "Options" and select "Allow application tips" and "Show random tips". Use gtk-dhammapada to display verse in GTK window. To automatically attach Dhammapada verse in e-mail footer. To do this in mutt add set signature=display-dhammapada| in your ~/.muttrc file. FILES
/usr/share/display-dhammapada/dhammapada-english-transl.txt /usr/share/display-dhammapada/dhammapada-alternate.txt /usr/share/display-dhammapada/dhammapada-polish-transl.txt SEE ALSO
xmessage(1), tput(1). BUGS
You may found that xmessage and hence xdhamma is broken on XFree 4.0x. AUTHORS
Program: Copyright (C) January 1997-2003 by Richard Cepas <rch@online.lt> and contributors, placed in the public domain. See http://unicode.strangled.net/me/rch/dd.html Richards' English translation of the Dhammapada: Copyright (C) 1993 John Richards, Pembrokeshire (UK), permission granted for use here. See ftp://coombs.anu.edu.au/coombspapers/otherarchives/electronic-buddhist-archives/buddhism-general/e-texts/sutras-translations/dhamma- pada-english-transl.txt Muller's translation of the Dhammapada: Public Domain, used here courtesy of Project Gutenberg. Polish translation (by Zbigniew Becker): Public Domain, as explained at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain See also http://mahajana.net/dhammapada/ late 20th century DISPLAY-DHAMMAPADA(1)