Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu error message when installing ksh in ubuntu 10.04 Post 302497199 by alexcol on Wednesday 16th of February 2011 02:39:20 PM
Old 02-16-2011
Question error message when installing ksh in ubuntu 10.04

Good afternoon.

i installed ubuntu 10.04, but you know the default shell is bash and i tried to change to ksh (csh ksh) but not installed.
I need your help, when trying to install ksh in ubuntu 10.04 in order to practice, i have an error message.

in the terminal session i type as it says: sudo apt-get install ksh,firt it checks out previus steps and then yields and error message: cannot find the package, even i tried to install any other package but it yields the same error:

what should i do, or there is somethimg missing previus to install?

id appreciate your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

installing hula on ubuntu

i trying to install hula onto my ubuntu but it seems to be not working. i follow through every instructions which i found from the net but is still not working. As i have already install allthe necessary dependency! Below are all the dependency i have install: debhelper (>= 4.0.0),... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thms_sum
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

3. IP Networking

Installing NS2 On Ubuntu Machine

I have to work with NS2 (Network Simulator)and i have to install it beforeusing it on Manets Simulations. Can some one Help me on this topic? Thank's (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hakim19
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Installing Ubuntu in the same partition as Vista

Hi , I hav a laptop with Vista, i need to install Ubuntu along with vista on it. But the problem is tht i donot hav a hard drive partition. though i have abt 70 gb of free space. the only other partition is "recovery" one, so i cnt play with it how shld i perform the installation ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay61286
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Installing Ubuntu

Hi all- I'm getting ready to install Ubuntu onto my Sony Vaio laptop and had a few questions for which I have not yet found the answer. 1)Should I partition my hdd myself (including a swap partition) in Windows or should I do this when installing Ubuntu? When I do partition, since I have over... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gatsby
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

ubuntu error message when updating

whenever I chck for an update I get the following error message: W:Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/cheleb/blender-svn/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/source/Sources 404 Not Found , W:Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/cheleb/blender-svn/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-amd64/Packages ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while installing glibc 2.16.0 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I come across the following error while configuring glibc 2.16.0 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS:"These critical programs are missing or too old: ld". Please suggest me a solution for the same at the earliest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nov_2012
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Question about installing Cinnamon in Ubuntu

Hi, If I install Cinnamon according to the instruction in the following link: Ubuntu + Cinnamon - A good idea? No. A great one. will I still have unity, and will I still be able to choose unity when my ubuntu will start? Thank in advance ---------- Post updated at 09:48 PM ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Installing latest Ubuntu on my desktop

I wish to install the latest ubuntu on my desktop. How do I go about doing this ? Also how do I create the superuser or admin once the installation is done ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
3 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Downloading and installing (new to Ubuntu OS)

I've done a whole days work of researching how to install a program on ubuntu.. so first I downloaded python.. unpackaged it from .tar.xz now its just python-3.4.2 then I navigated to the dir in terminal.. then ran the ./configure make make test sudo make install commands which took like 10 minutes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marniwild
2 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)