Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep but ignore first column
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep but ignore first column Post 302496900 by Shell_Life on Tuesday 15th of February 2011 04:15:05 PM
Old 02-15-2011
See if this works for you:
Code:
egrep '^.{6}.*NAC' input_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignore fields to check in grep

Hi, I have a pipe delimited file. I am checking for junk characters ( non printable characters and unicode values). I am using the following code grep '' file.txt But i want to ignore the name fields. For example field2 is firstname so i want to ignore if the junk characters occur... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk code to ignore the first occurence unknown number of rows in a data column

Hello experts, Shown below is the 2 column sample data(there are many data columns in actual input file), Key, Data A, 1 A, 2 A, 2 A, 3 A, 1 A, 1 A, 1 I need the below output. Key, Data A, 2 A, 2 A, 3 A, 1 A, 1 A, 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep regex to ignore sequence only if surrounded by fwd-slashes

Hi, I've got a regex match to perform in a Bash script and can't quite get it right. Basically I want to match all IP address like sequences in a file which may or may not contain an IP address but with the extra qualification of ignoring any IP-like sequence which begins and ends with a... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
27 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to awk or grep the last column in file when date on column contains spaces?

Hi have a large spreadsheet which has 4 columns APM00111803814 server_2 96085 Corp IT Desktop and Apps APM00111803814 server_2 96085 Corp IT Desktop and Apps APM00111803814 server_2 96034 Storage Mgmt Team APM00111803814 server_2 96152 GWP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore delimiter within a column

Hi, So I was trying this awk snippet awk -F, '$1 ~ /Match/' File This is my sample file output Name,Age,Nationality,Description Jack,20,American,Tall, caucasian, lean Mary,30,British,Short,white,slim I would expect expected Output to be, when a certain match is met say $1 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to ignore line starting with hyphen

Hi, I want to read a file line by line and exclude the lines that are beginning with special characters. The below code is working fine except when the line starts with hyphen (-) in the file. for TEST in `cat $FILE | grep -E -v '#|/+' | awk '{FS=":"}NF > 0{print $1}'` do . . done How... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinraj Rao
4 Replies

7. SCO

Grep to ignore suffix & find end of line

In COBOL, a hyphen can be used in a field name and in a specific program some field names would be identical to others except a suffix was added--sometimes a suffix to a suffix was used. For example, assume I am looking for AAA, AAA-BBB, and AAA-BBB-CCC and don't want to look at AAA-BBB-CCC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep A Column Based On Column Name

I have a file with two columns separated by white space. Dog Cat fido sneaky dopey poptart ears whisker barky herd Trying to list the words under the column named Dog. Tried a few variations of awk but can't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and ignore list from file

cat /tmp/i.txt '(ORA-28001|ORA-00100|ORA-28001|ORA-20026|ORA-20025|ORA-02291|ORA-01458|ORA-01017|ORA-1017|ORA-28000|ORA-06512|ORA-06512|Domestic Phone|ENCRYPTION)' grep -ia 'ORA-\{5\}:' Rep* |grep -iavE `cat /tmp/i.txt` grep: Unmatched ( or \( Please tell me why am i getting that (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep values from column 2 in reference of column 1

Gents Is it possible to update the code to get the desired output files from the input list. I called variable to the first column. I need to consider the first column as key to grep the values in the second column according to the desired request. input list (attached ) output1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
12 Replies
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep(3)

NAME
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep - A GNU grep-based mbox folder reader SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/perl use Mail::Mbox::MessageParser; my $filename = 'mail/saved-mail'; my $filehandle = new FileHandle($filename); my $folder_reader = new Mail::Mbox::MessageParser( { 'file_name' => $filename, 'file_handle' => $filehandle, 'enable_grep' => 1, } ); die $folder_reader unless ref $folder_reader; # Any newlines or such before the start of the first email my $prologue = $folder_reader->prologue; print $prologue; # This is the main loop. It's executed once for each email while(!$folder_reader->end_of_file()); { my $email = $folder_reader->read_next_email(); print $email; } DESCRIPTION
This module implements a GNU grep-based mbox folder reader. It can only be used when GNU grep is installed on the system. Users must not instantiate this class directly--use Mail::Mbox::MessageParser instead. The base MessageParser module will automatically manage the use of grep and non-grep implementations. METHODS AND FUNCTIONS The following methods and functions are specific to the Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep package. For additional inherited ones, see the Mail::Mbox::MessageParser documentation. $ref = new( { 'file_name' => <mailbox file name>, 'file_handle' => <mailbox file handle> }); <file_name> - The full filename of the mailbox <file_handle> - An opened file handle for the mailbox The constructor for the class takes two parameters. The file_name parameter is the filename of the mailbox. The file_handle argument is the opened file handle to the mailbox. Returns a reference to a Mail::Mbox::MessageParser object, or a string describing the error. BUGS
No known bugs. Contact david@coppit.org for bug reports and suggestions. AUTHOR
David Coppit <david@coppit.org>. LICENSE
This software is distributed under the terms of the GPL. See the file "LICENSE" for more information. HISTORY
This code was originally part of the grepmail distribution. See http://grepmail.sf.net/ for previous versions of grepmail which included early versions of this code. SEE ALSO
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser perl v5.12.1 2009-08-09 Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep(3)