Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to pass the parameter value to a... ? Post 302496850 by khestoi on Tuesday 15th of February 2011 12:59:35 PM
Old 02-15-2011
thanks for all the help guys finally got my script working.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass Parameter to Another Script

I have a piece of code that I do not want to continuously repeat. I want to call script2 from script1 and pass a parameter. Here is an example: Script1: ....... nohup ./Script2 PARAMETER ....... Script2: if # Checks if any params. then echo "No parameters passed to function." ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvprod
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PASS parameter to AWK

Hi, Can i pass a parameter(not a file name) as a parameter to a awk program? eg; $awk -f test 1 2 3 here test is the filename...and 1,2,3 are the i/p parameters? thank you:-) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unisam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter into script

I would like to write a scirpt a.sh that it first checks the first parameter of the input. If it fulfill some condition ,then run an executable program b by using all the parameter. ie. > ./a.sh 10 20 30 40 50 Then a.sh first checks the first parameter, 10, if it mathes the requirement, then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a parameter

Hi all, How to pass a parameter from a oracle pl/sql procedure parameter to shell environment and use it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass parameter to subroutine

I have something like cp -p <dir>filename1.dat <dir2>filename1.dat there are many other operations in it I mean that filename1.dat will keep on changing I need to write a subroutine so that i can pass filename1 or 2 or 3 .dat as parameter Thanking you in advance Any help wuld be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a parameter from the terminal?

Hi, I am new in Ubuntu, I will be glud to know: 1. How to pass a parameter from the terminal to a file that I write in shell script. What is the command line I need to write in the terminal? 2. How to get the parameter in the file? What do I need to write in the file? 3. What kind of file is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vess
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass two word parameter

Hi, How to pass parameter to run folloing script? #parameters are div, dept, style U run_convert_pdm.ksh Mens 44 7542 U run_convert_pdm.ksh "Mens Knit" 44 7541 The first command works fine but the second needs to have two words together , it does not work even if I have used double... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter to SED

My script(ksh) works fine for --------------------------------------------------- sed -n '28,31p' ${l_name} >> ${LOG_DIR}/Email.txt --------------------------------------------------- But I wand to pass parrmeter to this syntax I did the following things ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter

Hi, I have following for loop , please let me know how to get ${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} parameter with 1DAY and 7DAY values. for i in 1DAY 7DAY do ${NZSQL_DIR}/nzsql -h ${HOST} -time -v ON_ERROR_STOP=1 -f ${SQL_DIR}/${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} > ${TMP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 done ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
4 Replies
try(3tcllib)					   Forward compatibility implementation of [try]				      try(3tcllib)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
try - try - Trap and process errors and exceptions SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.5 package require try ?1? ::try body ?handler...? ?finally script? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a forward-compatibility implementation of Tcl 8.6's try/finally command (TIP 329), for Tcl 8.5. The code was directly pulled from Tcl 8.6 revision ?, when try/finally was implemented as Tcl procedure instead of in C. ::try body ?handler...? ?finally script? This command executes the script body and, depending on what the outcome of that script is (normal exit, error, or some other excep- tional result), runs a handler script to deal with the case. Once that has all happened, if the finally clause is present, the script it includes will be run and the result of the handler (or the body if no handler matched) is allowed to continue to propa- gate. Note that the finally clause is processed even if an error occurs and irrespective of which, if any, handler is used. The handler clauses are each expressed as several words, and must have one of the following forms: on code variableList script This clause matches if the evaluation of body completed with the exception code code. The code may be expressed as an integer or one of the following literal words: ok, error, return, break, or continue. Those literals correspond to the integers 0 through 4 respectively. trap pattern variableList script This clause matches if the evaluation of body resulted in an error and the prefix of the -errorcode from the interpreter's status dictionary is equal to the pattern. The number of prefix words taken from the -errorcode is equal to the list-length of pattern, and inter-word spaces are normalized in both the -errorcode and pattern before comparison. The variableList word in each handler is always interpreted as a list of variable names. If the first word of the list is present and non-empty, it names a variable into which the result of the evaluation of body (from the main try) will be placed; this will contain the human-readable form of any errors. If the second word of the list is present and non-empty, it names a variable into which the options dictionary of the interpreter at the moment of completion of execution of body will be placed. The script word of each handler is also always interpreted the same: as a Tcl script to evaluate if the clause is matched. If script is a literal - and the handler is not the last one, the script of the following handler is invoked instead (just like with the switch command). Note that handler clauses are matched against in order, and that the first matching one is always selected. At most one han- dler clause will selected. As a consequence, an on error will mask any subsequent trap in the try. Also note that on error is equivalent to trap {}. If an exception (i.e. any non-ok result) occurs during the evaluation of either the handler or the finally clause, the origi- nal exception's status dictionary will be added to the new exception's status dictionary under the -during key. EXAMPLES
Ensure that a file is closed no matter what: set f [open /some/file/name a] try { puts $f "some message" # ... } finally { close $f } Handle different reasons for a file to not be openable for reading: try { set f [open /some/file/name] } trap {POSIX EISDIR} {} { puts "failed to open /some/file/name: it's a directory" } trap {POSIX ENOENT} {} { puts "failed to open /some/file/name: it doesn't exist" } BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category try of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
catch(3tcl), error(3tcl), return(3tcl), throw(3tcl) KEYWORDS
cleanup, error, exception, final, resource management CATEGORY
Utility COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008 Donal K. Fellows, BSD licensed try 1 try(3tcllib)