Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iterative parsing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting iterative parsing Post 302496831 by jouuu on Tuesday 15th of February 2011 11:24:29 AM
Old 02-15-2011
That worked really well but how did it work. Please if you don't mind take the time to break it down for me. I would really like to understand this better.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

parsing

Hi, I want to parse this file.... ( 0 , 0 ) =>heading1 ( 0 , 1 ) =>value1.1a ( 0 , 2 ) =>value2.1a ( 1 , 0 ) =>heading2 ( 1 , 1 ) =>value1.1b ( 1 , 2 ) =>value2.1b ( 2 , 0 ) =>heading3 ( 2 , 1 ) =>value1.1c ( 2 , 2 ) =>value2.1c ( 3 , 0 ) =>heading4 ( 3 , 1 ) =>value1.1d ( 3 , 2... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing question

Hi Guys, I was wondering if you could help me out - I have a directory /home/users/datafiles/ which contain files "dat dd-mm-yy.xls" I am trying to write a script which does the following - (1) loops through all the files (2) retrieves the dd-mm-yy string and converts it into a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: muser
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some help with parsing

I have a big xml file with little formatting in it. It contains over 600 messages that I need to break each message out in its own separate file. The xml file looks in the middle of it something like this: </Title></Msg><Msg><Opener> Hello how are you?<Title> Some says hello</Title><Body>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quixoticking11
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterative operation

grep -o '\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}' then how do i iterate the file names?? (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravis83
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with some iterative file processing

Gurus - Please help with this urgent situation. I have the following problem to solve using a shell script: 1. There are about 13 files named CONTAINER_1.lst, CONTAINER_2.lst, CONTAINER_3.lst .....CONTAINER_13.lst 2. Each of these files contain about 8 lines (in most cases) containing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inditopgun
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data

Hi I need to parse the following data using shell script Table ----- stage4n_abc 48 stage4o_abcd 4 adashpg_abc_HeartBeat 1 stage4l_asc 168 Can anyone gimme the solution. I want each value to get stored in an array or variable and want the value to be greped from another file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Archana.Dheepan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterative statement to cut values from a line

Hi I am new to shell scripting and trying to get values from a text file, I have a text file with values seperated with "|". like aga|120220090525|120220090525|120220090525|120220090530 bab|120220090530|120220090530|120220090535|120220090535|120220090535... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing

Can some body show me a sed command to remove everyhing upto a '/' and leave the rest of the line. cat data.out This is the directory /tmp/xxx/yy.ksh I only want to get the fullpath name /tmp/xxx.yy.ksh Thanks in advance to all who answer. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
3 Replies
INTRO(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						  INTRO(9)

NAME
intro -- introduction to system kernel interfaces DESCRIPTION
This section contains information about the interfaces and subroutines in the kernel. PROTOTYPES ANSI-C AND ALL THAT Yes please. We would like all code to be fully prototyped. If your code compiles cleanly with cc -Wall we would feel happy about it. It is important to understand that this isn't a question of just shutting up cc, it is a question about avoiding the things it complains about. To put it bluntly, don't hide the problem by casting and other obfuscating practices, solve the problem. INDENTATION AND STYLE
Believe it or not, there actually exists a guide for indentation and style. It isn't generally applied though. We would appreciate if people would pay attention to it, and at least not violate it blatantly. We don't mind it too badly if you have your own style, but please make sure we can read it too. Please take time to read style(9) for more information. NAMING THINGS
Some general rules exist: 1. If a function is meant as a debugging aid in DDB, it should be enclosed in #ifdef DDB #endif /* DDB */ And the name of the procedure should start with the prefix DDB_ to clearly identify the procedure as a debugger routine. SCOPE OF SYMBOLS
It is important to carefully consider the scope of symbols in the kernel. The default is to make everything static, unless some reason requires the opposite. There are several reasons for this policy, the main one is that the kernel is one monolithic name-space, and pollution is not a good idea here either. For device drivers and other modules that don't add new internal interfaces to the kernel, the entire source should be in one file if possi- ble. That way all symbols can be made static. If for some reason a module is split over multiple source files, then try to split the module along some major fault-line and consider using the number of global symbols as your guide. The fewer the better. SEE ALSO
style(9) HISTORY
The intro section manual page appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. BSD
December 13, 1995 BSD