Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Awk] Extract block of with a particular pattern Post 302496825 by sandeepk1611 on Tuesday 15th of February 2011 11:07:24 AM
Old 02-15-2011
Thanks everyone for the replies. I will try out these solutions on the data I have.

@Chubler_XL,

I had a question. Why did you first assign FS="------*" and then again OFS=FS ? Can you explain that.

Thanks,
Sandeep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract the Pattern

Hello All, can anyone help me out in extracting the pattern from a file... The Input file is: NFS B.11.11 ONC/NFS; Network-FileSystem,InformationServices,Utilities|123 NParProvider B.11.11.01.04.01.01 nPartition Provider|456 NPartition A.01.02 Enhanced NPartition Commands/789... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: need to extract a line before a pattern

Hello , I need your help to extract a line in a big file , and this line is always 11 lines before a specific pattern . Do you know a way via Awk ? Thanks in advance npn35 (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: npn35
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern extract

Hi I have a pattern like : SYSTEM_NAME-232-S7-200810060949.LOG Here I need to extract system name and the timestamp and also the numeric number after "-S" i.e 7 here . I am not very sure of whether I should use sed / awk for this ?:confused: Thanks, Priya. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need pattern Extract

2014-05-31-18.22.18.500158-240 E11115478A502 LEVEL: Info PID : 25100668 TID : 73282 PROC : db2sysc 0 INSTANCE: udbin001 NODE : 000 DB : APPHDL : 0-18345 APPID: *LOCAL.udbin001.140531200018 AUTHID : udbin001 EDUID : 73282 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to extract and print first occurrence of pattern in each line

I am trying to use awk to extract and print the first ocurrence of NM_ and NP_ with a : before in each line. The input file is tab-delimeted, but the output does not need to be. The below does execute but prints all the lines in the file not just the patterns. Thank you :). file tab-delimeted ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find specific pattern and change some of block values using awk

Hi, Could you please help me finding a way to replace a specific value in a text block when matching a key pattern ? I got the keys and the values from a command similar to: echo -e "key01 Nvalue01-1 Nvalue01-2 Nvalue01-3\nkey02 Nvalue02-1 Nvalue02-2 Nvalue02-3 \nkey03 Nvalue03-1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
icheck(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 icheck(8)

NAME
icheck - File system storage consistency check SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/icheck [-b numbers] [file system] DESCRIPTION
The icheck command is obsoleted for normal consistency checking by fsck. The icheck command examines a file system, builds a bit map of used blocks, and compares this bit map against the free map maintained on the file system. If the file system is not specified, a set of default file systems is checked. The normal output of icheck includes a report of the following items: The total number of files and the numbers of regular, directory, block special, character special, and fifo files. The total number of blocks in use and the numbers of single-, double-, and triple-indirect blocks and directory blocks. The number of free blocks. The number of blocks missing; that is, not in any file or in any free map. A list of block numbers follows the -b option; whenever any of the named blocks turn up in a file, a diagnostic is produced. The icheck command is faster if the raw version of the special file is used since it reads the i-list many blocks at a time. NOTES
Since icheck is inherently two-pass in nature, extraneous diagnostics may be produced if applied to active file systems. It believes even preposterous super-blocks and consequently causes a core dump. DIAGNOSTICS
For duplicate blocks and bad blocks which lie outside the file system, icheck announces the difficulty, the i-number, and the kind of block involved. If a read error is encountered, the block number of the bad block is printed and icheck considers it to contain zero. FILES
Specifies the command path. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: clri(8), fsck(8), ncheck(8) delim off icheck(8)