Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Color Underline and Bold letter in shell script Post 302496675 by cfajohnson on Monday 14th of February 2011 11:56:32 PM
Old 02-15-2011
Code:
printf "\e[1;4m%s\e[0m\n" "All DB bkp Completed Successfully" >> rman_bkp_st.lst

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to underline/bold and how to align output

Hi, I work with AIX 5 and have two basic questions: 1) How do I underline/bold a word in a text output? Any way to do it with echo command? basic example: echo "FOLDER " >> folder.txt ( I wish the word FOLDER to be underlined and bold). 2) Suppose I have the following pipe delimited... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clara
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying font type and color in a shell script

Hi, I am new to shell script. Can you please tell me, whether can we specify font type and color in a shell script? If so, how to do this? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vani_Govind
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - how to echo something in color and bold

Hi all, I was to echo Hi in Red and Bold ; and echo There is in Green and bold I got bold to working using tput bold but i am having hard time getting the color. Any help is appreciated, jak (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

color,bold

hi friend , I am generating a csv file i,e output file E104|0|06/04/1994|The values E005 and E001 are not equal. E106|0|01/09/1993|The values E001 and E002 are not equal. E106|0|01/09/1993|The values E003 and E002 are not equal. E108|0|02/30/1995|The values R001 and E001 are not equal.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charandevu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold characters in a file using Shell script

Hi, When I am running below mentioned script then the characters become bold but after opening the same file in Windows, Instead of getting bold characters i am getting some garbage value for \033Kunal Dixit Output in Windows (after ftp the file): but in windows , i am getting My name is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunal_dixit
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold and Underline - not displyed in more/less/vi

I have a script main.shl which has few lines like this #bold tput smso echo "\t\tsome statement\t\t" tput rmso I am executing the main.shl from the shell and redirected its output to a separate file like this $main.shl >main.log 2>&1 & once after running this script, if I "cat" the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email message in colour and bold letter

The code echo -e "\033[34m Test \033[0m Mail" when i execute this command line i get proper output but when i mail the output of this command through sendmail it doesn't appear. Basically I want to send email message in diffrent colours, bold letter using shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baps
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold 1 word in a shell script

I want to bold one word in shell script. I want the value for num bold when it is inputted. My code does not bold the value. It's like its not even there. echo -n "Please read a number" read num ; echo "${bold} $num ${offbold}" Thank you, Ccccc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bold letter in email body

Hi All, The below is the email text and i want few words in BOLD. I am writing the below message in to a .txt file and calling it in a function which generated email. when i run at cmd prompt it is working fine , but wehn i run a script .sh it is not working. Below is the text printing in to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
2 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux