Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Awk] Extract block of with a particular pattern Post 302496647 by yinyuemi on Monday 14th of February 2011 08:07:31 PM
Old 02-14-2011
Code:
awk -v p=0 -v label1="----------------------------" -v label2="=============================================================================" '
$0==label1{p++;y=p}
/RCS file/{x++;p=1}
/===*/{p=""}{a[x" "p]=a[x" "p]"\n##"$0}
END{
for(m=1;m<=x;m++) {for(n=1;n<=y;n++) if(a[m" "n]~/RCS file|##Bug|##Fix|##[0-9]/) print gensub("##","","g",a[m" "n]);print label2}
}' file

Last edited by yinyuemi; 02-14-2011 at 09:21 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract the Pattern

Hello All, can anyone help me out in extracting the pattern from a file... The Input file is: NFS B.11.11 ONC/NFS; Network-FileSystem,InformationServices,Utilities|123 NParProvider B.11.11.01.04.01.01 nPartition Provider|456 NPartition A.01.02 Enhanced NPartition Commands/789... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: need to extract a line before a pattern

Hello , I need your help to extract a line in a big file , and this line is always 11 lines before a specific pattern . Do you know a way via Awk ? Thanks in advance npn35 (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: npn35
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern extract

Hi I have a pattern like : SYSTEM_NAME-232-S7-200810060949.LOG Here I need to extract system name and the timestamp and also the numeric number after "-S" i.e 7 here . I am not very sure of whether I should use sed / awk for this ?:confused: Thanks, Priya. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need pattern Extract

2014-05-31-18.22.18.500158-240 E11115478A502 LEVEL: Info PID : 25100668 TID : 73282 PROC : db2sysc 0 INSTANCE: udbin001 NODE : 000 DB : APPHDL : 0-18345 APPID: *LOCAL.udbin001.140531200018 AUTHID : udbin001 EDUID : 73282 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to extract and print first occurrence of pattern in each line

I am trying to use awk to extract and print the first ocurrence of NM_ and NP_ with a : before in each line. The input file is tab-delimeted, but the output does not need to be. The below does execute but prints all the lines in the file not just the patterns. Thank you :). file tab-delimeted ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find specific pattern and change some of block values using awk

Hi, Could you please help me finding a way to replace a specific value in a text block when matching a key pattern ? I got the keys and the values from a command similar to: echo -e "key01 Nvalue01-1 Nvalue01-2 Nvalue01-3\nkey02 Nvalue02-1 Nvalue02-2 Nvalue02-3 \nkey03 Nvalue03-1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
blcompare(3TSOL)				       Trusted Extensions Library Functions					  blcompare(3TSOL)

NAME
blcompare, blequal, bldominates, blstrictdom, blinrange - compare binary labels SYNOPSIS
cc [flag...] file... -ltsol [library...] #include <tsol/label.h> int blequal(const m_label_t *label1, const m_label_t *label2); int bldominates(const m_label_t *label1, const m_label_t *label2); int blstrictdom(const m_label_t *label1, const m_label_t *label2); int blinrange(const m_label_t *label, const brange_t *range); DESCRIPTION
These functions compare binary labels for meeting a particular condition. The blequal() function compares two labels for equality. The bldominates() function compares label label1 for dominance over label label2. The blstrictdom() function compares label label1 for strict dominance over label label2. The blinrange() function compares label label for dominance over range->lower_bound and range->upper_bound for dominance over level label. RETURN VALUES
These functions return non-zero if their respective conditions are met, otherwise zero is returned. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getplabel(3TSOL), label_to_str(3TSOL), libtsol(3LIB), ucred_getlabel(3C), label_encodings(4), attributes(5), labels(5) Determining the Relationship Between Two Labels in Solaris Trusted Extensions Developer's Guide NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the system is configured with Trusted Extensions. SunOS 5.11 20 Jul 2007 blcompare(3TSOL)