Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users PATH included in .o file of device driver Post 302496602 by linuxdevnoob on Monday 14th of February 2011 02:47:59 PM
Old 02-14-2011
Hi, I am building it with arm-elf-gcc compiler. I removed -g in arm-elf-gcc and arm-elf-strip command, even more I gave --strip-all option in arm-elf-strip but still I can see those paths.

any other ideas?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

tape drive driver device file

i have a sco-unix box. I want to access tape driver (sdt-700) on scsi. but i dont know how? where is this device file for tape driver is located? how do i access this tape? pls help this fool. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mchitrakar
1 Replies

2. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

3. Programming

regarding device driver

Hi All, I have a device driver that uses UARTserial port to write/read to-from a device. That device driver is working fine on FC3 machine( kernel version 2.6.12)... Now I am switching to FC9 (kernel version 2.6.25.11-97).I have changed the interrupt flag SA_INTERRUPT to IRQF_DISABLED... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuprade
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
SND_SPICDS(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					     SND_SPICDS(4)

NAME
snd_spicds -- I2S SPI audio codec driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device snd_spicds Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): snd_spicds_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The snd_spicds I2S codec driver is used by several sound drivers for soundcards which use the supported codec chips. HARDWARE
The snd_spicds driver supports the following codecs: o AK4358 o AK4381 o AK4396 o AK4524 o AK4528 o WM8770 SEE ALSO
snd_envy24(4), snd_envy24ht(4), sound(4) HISTORY
The snd_spicds device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 6.3. AUTHORS
The snd_spicds driver was written by Konstantin Dimitrov based upon the snd_envy24(4) driver. This manual page was written by Alexander Leidinger <netchild@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
May 28, 2007 BSD