Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripting for automation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripting for automation Post 302496587 by Scott on Monday 14th of February 2011 01:35:15 PM
Old 02-14-2011
I've always just called it NMON Smilie

You analyse NMON output manually? As in reading its output manually? Eeks.

Or you use RRD (NMON has an option to generate RRD commands directly)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

X11 automation?

I'm a newbie on OS X and Mac, I bought my first Mac (a Mini) in october last year, so bare with me. :) I usually run X11 to have aixterm displayed on my Mac, what I would like to do is to set a specific xhost + every time I start X11, for example xhost +10.0.0.2 every time I start X11. Also,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dlundh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in automation...

Hi All, I need to run the same command on many servers. I am using ssh for the same. Following is the script that I am using to fire the same command on multiple machines. #!/bin/bash # Linux/UNIX box with ssh key based login #SERVERS="iqmevrick,iqmango" # SSH User name USR="root" #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation shell scripting

Hi All, Consider my script is getting input from user under utc/stb path. I should automate the script by reading inputs from .txt file. Whenever script is prompting for input, it should read from input file. Now, i have to create a script in different path that should run my old script by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poons
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp automation

my source folder is :/tmp/util of server : pyxis-as2 and target folder is :/apps/prodapp/util/ of server : pyxis-db2 i am trying to do a copy from source to target through SCP is there any way that I can kick shell script from pyxis-as2 once any single file get loaded into /tmp/util ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: u263066
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password automation

i am doing automation of report in unix. i am copying files from different server using scp command.. if i use scp its asking for password for copying files..is there any way to automate this password issue.. can anyone help me out??? tahnks in advance, Arun Manas (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar automation

Hi, i'm new in shell programming, i would like to archive automatically all my log files at the end of each month. My files have this format : 2011.07.log1 2011.07.log2 ... 2011.08.log1 2011.08.log2 ... etc I would like to have an idea about how to do this. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedriver
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help in automation

Hi, I wanted to automate the scp command where i do not want to enter the password each time. So thought of using expect command. Script is executing without any issues but files are not copied to remote server. Can any one help me? Below is my shell script.. #!/bin/ksh ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasubramani04
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp Automation

Hi, I have a requirement to automate SCP command. I have to write the scp command in server1 to copy file from server2 and paste it in server3. I will be passing server2 and server3 as variables. Pls suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation script

Hello All , I came across a tricky solution to devolop . Here is a part of the requirement automation . I have different set of server say : Web ( has 4 servers under it ) , App ( has 4 servers under it ) , DB ( has 2 servers under it ) Above each i have different load balancers , Say : Web... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
4 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ansible Automation

Hi Gurus, I am new to ansible automation, kindly suggest me whether i am going in right path. I Want to automate deployment of apache,mysql-server on multiple Linux hosts. ansible version i am using ansible 1.5.4 OS: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS below is the Script created for the same --- -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky.b5
3 Replies
HOBBITGRAPH.CFG(5)						File Formats Manual						HOBBITGRAPH.CFG(5)

NAME
hobbitgraph.cfg - Configuration of the hobbitgraph CGI SYNOPSIS
$BBHOME/etc/hobbitgraph.cfg DESCRIPTION
hobbitgraph.cgi(1) uses the configuration file $BBHOME/etc/hobbitgraph.cfg to build graphs from the RRD files collected by Xymon. FILE FORMAT
Each definition of a graph type begins with a "[SERVICE]" indicator, this is the name passed as the "service" parameter to hobbit- graph.cgi(1). If the service name passed to hobbitgraph.cgi is not found, it will attempt to match the service name to a graph via the TEST2RRD environment variable. So calling hobbitgraph.cgi with "service=cpu" or "service=la" will end up producing the same graph. A graph definition needs to have a TITLE and a YAXIS setting. These are texts shown as the title of the graph, and the YAXIS heading respectively. (The X-axis is always time-based). If a fixed set of RRD files are used for the graph, you just write those in the RRDtool definitions. Note that Xymon keeps all RRD files for a host in a separate directory per host, so you need not worry about the hostname being part of the RRD filename. For graphs that use multiple RRD files as input, you specify a filename pattern in the FNPATTERN statement, and optionally a pattern of files to exclude from the graph with EXFNPATTERN (see "[tcp]" for an example). When FNPATTERN is used, you can use "@RRDFN@" in the RRD- tool definitions to pick up each filename. "@RRDIDX@" is an index (starting at 0) for each file in the set. "@RRDPARAM@" contains the first word extracted from the pattern of files (see e.g. "[memory]" how this is used). "@COLOR@" picks a new color for each graph automatically. The remainder of the lines in each definition are passed directly to the RRDtool rrd_graph() routine. The following is an example of how the "la" (cpu) graph is defined. This is a simple definition that uses a single RRD-file, la.rrd: [la] TITLE CPU Load YAXIS Load DEF:avg=la.rrd:la:AVERAGE CDEF:la=avg,100,/ AREA:la#00CC00:CPU Load Average GPRINT:la:LAST: %5.1lf (cur) GPRINT:la:MAX: %5.1lf (max) GPRINT:la:MIN: %5.1lf (min) GPRINT:la:AVERAGE: %5.1lf (avg) Here is an example of a graph that uses multiple RRD-files, determined automatically at run-time via the FNPATTERN setting. Note how it uses the @RRDIDX@ to define a unique RRD parameter per input-file, and the @COLOR@ and @RRDPARAM@ items to pick unique colors and a match- ing text for the graph legend: [disk] FNPATTERN disk(.*).rrd TITLE Disk Utilization YAXIS % Full DEF:p@RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:pct:AVERAGE LINE2:p@RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@ -u 100 -l 0 GPRINT:p@RRDIDX@:LAST: %5.1lf (cur) GPRINT:p@RRDIDX@:MAX: %5.1lf (max) GPRINT:p@RRDIDX@:MIN: %5.1lf (min) GPRINT:p@RRDIDX@:AVERAGE: %5.1lf (avg) ADVANCED GRAPH TITLES
Normally the title of a graph is a static text defined in the hobbitgraph.cfg file. However, there may be situations where you want to use different titles for the same type of graph, e.g. if you are incorporating RRD files from MRTG into Xymon. In that case you can setup the TITLE definition so that it runs a custom script to determine the graph title. Like this: TITLE exec:/usr/local/bin/graphitle The /usr/local/bin/graphtitle command is then called with the hostname, the graphtype, the period string, and all of the RRD files used as parameters. The script must generate one line of output, which is then used as the title of the graph. ENVIRONMENT
TEST2RRD Maps service names to graph definitions. NOTES
Most of the RRD graph definitions shipped with Xymon have been ported from the definitions in the larrd-grapher.cgi CGI from LARRD 0.43c. SEE ALSO
hobbitserver.cfg(5), rrdtool(1), rrdgraph(1) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBITGRAPH.CFG(5)