Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to check the running snmp version in Rhel? Post 302496566 by verdepollo on Monday 14th of February 2011 12:20:53 PM
Old 02-14-2011
You mean SNMPD (snmpd -v) version or SNMP security model?

RHEL usally comes with Net-SNMP which has out-of-the-box support for v1, v2 and v3.

See if this works in your system:

Code:
man snmpd.conf

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

RHEL 3 - how to change the SNMP community strings?

I have edited the snmpd.conf file on RHEL3, I changed: com2sec notConfigUser default public to : com2sec notConfigUser default new_string_name BUT, when my security guy scans the box, is still answers to public, I restarted snmpd. Is there more to this than just changing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Installing the correct version of RHEL 5 Advanced Platform.

Dear Linux Gurus and RedHat Experts, I am about to install RHEL 5 Advanced Platform x86-64 on a high end machine with 4 sockets of CPU. However, I only have the subscription number from RedHat and can log on into rhn.redhat.com. However there are only one version ISO image per CPU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zepiroth
0 Replies

3. Linux

How Do I find out SNMP Version?

Can someone please tell me how I can find out what version of SNMP I have running on any linux and solaris server? i would think this was an easy thing to find. but google wasn't able to turn up anything on this. snmp -v should do the trick but it doesn't. thank you guys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Net::SNMP version getting info from cisco switch

I am having trouble working with SNMP module with perl. I am trying to get SNMP version of target system. I use following code to get it however it resturns error as "Argument "v6.0.1" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at ./chk_env_upd.pl line 447." Get load table my $resultat =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dynamax
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Error occurred while making the net-snmp 5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version.

Hi all, Error occurred while making the net-snmp-5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version. Environment - Solaris 5.10-x86 - Net-SNMP-5.4.4.tar.gz - Path (/etc/profile) PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATHUSR=/usr/ccs/bin: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH Error01 - summary ***... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Which is the most stable version in RHEL 5 series.?

hi, Which is the most stable version in RHEL 5 series ? since i'm learning EL 6, it has some bug such as created partitions will be enabled after a reboot. so i like to start my learning from EL 5 series for practice. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 7 and GNOME version

Does anyone know if final RHEL 7 is going to have GNOME 2 or 3? Anyone try the beta yet? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Synbios
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unregistered version RHEL...

Hi everyone, I am working a contract and the customer has not registered there RHEL 5 servers. They have a cluster of servers and it would seem that they all stop logging in messages @ appox 15:50 and then start logging again at 4:04 am. Is this a normal thing for non-registered? Lee (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lee Dunsmoor
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Disable or remove SNMPv1/2c authentication and SNMP version-3

Hi; How can I disable or remove SNMPv1/2c authentication. I would like to use SNMP version 3 authentication. bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS SOL9229 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc bash-3.00# (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
1 Replies
Info::Layer3::NetSNMP(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Info::Layer3::NetSNMP(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer3::NetSNMP - SNMP Interface to L3 Net-SNMP Devices AUTHORS
Bradley Baetz and Bill Fenner SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $netsnmp = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'myrouter', Community => 'public', Version => 2 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $netsnmp->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
Subclass for Generic Net-SNMP devices Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::Layer3 Required MIBs UCD-SNMP-MIB NET-SNMP-TC HOST-RESOURCES-MIB Inherited Classes' MIBs See SNMP::Info::Layer3 for its own MIB requirements. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $netsnmp->vendor() Returns 'Net-SNMP'. $netsnmp->os() Returns the OS extracted from "sysDescr". $netsnmp->os_ver() Returns the software version extracted from "sysDescr", along with the Net-SNMP version. $netsnmp->uptime() Returns the system uptime instead of the agent uptime. NOTE: discontinuity timers and other Time Stamp based objects are based on agent uptime, so use orig_uptime(). $netsnmp->serial() Returns ''. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. TABLE ENTRIES
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. Overrides $netsnmp->i_ignore() Returns reference to hash. Increments value of IID if port is to be ignored. Ignores loopback Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. NOTES
In order to cause SNMP::Info to classify your device into this class, it may be necessary to put a configuration line into your snmpd.conf similar to sysobjectid .1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.N where N is the object ID for your OS from the "NET-SNMP-TC" MIB (or 255 if not listed). Some Net-SNMP installations default to an incorrect return value for "system.sysObjectId". In order to recognize a Net-SNMP device as Layer3, it may be necessary to put a configuration line similar to sysservices 76 in your snmpd.conf. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer3::NetSNMP(3pm)