Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming c++, raw sockets, stopping kernel write in header? Post 302496537 by Corona688 on Monday 14th of February 2011 10:51:08 AM
Old 02-14-2011
If you're using raw sockets, theoretically you should be able to send things unaltered... Since my crystal ball is still out-of-order you'll have to post your code for us to see what's going wrong with it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Raw Sockets Programming

Hi everybody!! I'm studding at the university raw sockets, but i can't find a good place to read about them... Does anybody now where i can find some information??? I've been goggling a lot but couldn't find nothing useful, just man pages... by the way, I'm programming under Linux... Bye! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandia_man
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding read/write and kernel interaction

Ok, so I'm trying to finalize my understanding of read/write and kernel interaction. read(): You have a library function that has as it's first parameter (what the open file to read from is), second parameter( a pointer to a buffer (is this the location of a buffer in the user area or the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Krothos
1 Replies

3. Programming

Understanding read/write and kernel interaction

Ok, so I'm trying to finalize my understanding of read/write and kernel interaction. read(): You have a library function that has as it's first parameter (what the open file to read from is), second parameter( a pointer to a buffer (is this the location of a buffer in the user area or the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krothos
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partial Write for sockets in LINUX

We have a server-client communication in our application. Sockets are used for the communication. We are using AF_INET sockets with SOCK_STREAM(TCP/IP). Also these sockets are in Non Blocking mode (O_NONBLOCK). Application is written in C++ on UNIX. In our system the Server will write to a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanushchacko
4 Replies

5. Programming

help: problem with sockets write/read

I am trying to make a server and client, the client will choose between some options and the server will react accordingly. After a some reads and writes that work the server needs to read from client an INT i use this: read(newSd,&k,sizeof(int));But even if all the other times there was no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theSling
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Kernel panics : trying to write / read on tiny tty driver

I'm a beginner to the Linux programming and trying my hands on some device driver examples while practising. The below code (a trimmed down version of tiny_tty.c from ldd3 book) loads perfectly using insmod and I'm able to see it in /proc/tty/drivers , /proc/modules and device nodes are getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diwsdiwa
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Header Files

I'm trying to lookup the definition of the ext4 superblock schedule in the kernel header files, but I can't seem to locate the files. I'm running the most recent Raspian Debian Wheezy OS with kernel version 3.18. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How many packets can be written into Kernel sockets per second?

Hi, Its been a long time since i programmed a multithreaded application that can do Tx and Rx of datagrams over unix sockets. I well remember that though the threads were efficiently designed to be independent of each other, and was writing to different sockets, there was a limitation ,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnyjeshan
0 Replies
GCRYSTAL(1)						       gnome-chemistry-utils						       GCRYSTAL(1)

NAME
gcrystal - light model visualizer for crystal structures SYNOPSIS
gcrystal [OPTION(S)...] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
gcrystal is a light model visualizer for crystal structures, based on the GNOME Chemistry Utils, that displays models of all sorts of crystal microscopic structures using OpenGL. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -?, --help Show application help options. --help-all, --help-* Print all or just a group of help options. These options are not documented here. Instead see gtk-options(7) and gnome-options(7). -v, --version Print gcrystal version information. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHORS
Jean Brefort <jean.brefort@normalesup.org> Program author. Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Jean Brefort Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Daniel Leidert Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. gcu 0.12 $Date: 2009-03-19 10:53:47 +0100 (jeu. 19 mars 2009) $ GCRYSTAL(1)