Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rpm packaging on Suse Linux
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Rpm packaging on Suse Linux Post 302496534 by pludi on Monday 14th of February 2011 10:43:45 AM
Old 02-14-2011
The configure script (./configure means the file/script named configure in the current directory) is usually generated by autoconf for use with automake. Since you don't need to invoke make you probably won't need it. So you can clear the build section (although the keyword still has to be there).

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

RPM Packaging doubt!

Hi, I need to create an RPM package for my java application. Already build package for that application avail;able. I need to create binary RPM package for my java application. For that in spec file, do I need to write any script kind of thing to install my package. any one have idea... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram.sj
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

build rpm with SPEC file for packaging .jar and some .sh files..

Good day people, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: I have some .jar files, some script files (install.sh, action.sh) , and a libaes.so file. Basically, the .jar files compute the operation of my system and define the working directory for my system. My current scenario: i trigger... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cielle
1 Replies

3. Linux

rpm packaging issue for unixodbc driver manager

Hi All, I am trying to make rpm package for unixODBC driver manager 2.3.0 using below spec file. During rpmbuild i am getting the error. Can you pls advice how we can overcome this issue %define name unixODBC %define ver 2.3.0 %define prefix /usr %define sysconfdir /etc %define libdir... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

RPM packaging a directory of files

Hi, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction I have a requirement to distribute a set of admin scripts that currently sit in an SVN repo by packaging them up in an RPM so that they can me unpacked to the correct location by simply installing the package .. e.g. 'yum install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
0 Replies
AUTOSCAN(1)							   User Commands						       AUTOSCAN(1)

NAME
autoscan - Generate a preliminary configure.in SYNOPSIS
autoscan [OPTION] ... [SRCDIR] DESCRIPTION
Examine source files in the directory tree rooted at SRCDIR, or the current directory if none is given. Search the source files for common portability problems, check for incompleteness of `configure.ac', and create a file `configure.scan' which is a preliminary `configure.ac' for that package. -h, --help print this help, then exit -V, --version print version number, then exit -v, --verbose verbosely report processing -d, --debug don't remove temporary files Library directories: -B, --prepend-include=DIR prepend directory DIR to search path -I, --include=DIR append directory DIR to search path AUTHOR
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-autoconf@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), glibtool(1). The full documentation for autoscan is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and autoscan programs are properly installed at your site, the command info autoscan should give you access to the complete manual. autoscan 2.61 November 2006 AUTOSCAN(1)