Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rpm packaging on Suse Linux
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Rpm packaging on Suse Linux Post 302496532 by dirshah on Monday 14th of February 2011 10:31:49 AM
Old 02-14-2011
Heyei Thanks for your help. It looks that we are getting nearer to the solution. The problem is with ./configure stage of the %build. It says
Code:
No such file or directoryerror: Bad exit status

Now I dont know what this .configure is as I already said that I am newby to linux. But so far I know that it is some config file needed for installation but in my case I am only copying and pasting the war file from one place to another. I dont know how to write this config file.

Quote:
Create empty lines between the prep, setup, and build sections.
I tried your way as well, which is at the same point, the %build. I cleaned the code below this stage but then it threw this error:
Code:
command not founderror: Bad exit status

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

RPM Packaging doubt!

Hi, I need to create an RPM package for my java application. Already build package for that application avail;able. I need to create binary RPM package for my java application. For that in spec file, do I need to write any script kind of thing to install my package. any one have idea... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram.sj
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

build rpm with SPEC file for packaging .jar and some .sh files..

Good day people, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: I have some .jar files, some script files (install.sh, action.sh) , and a libaes.so file. Basically, the .jar files compute the operation of my system and define the working directory for my system. My current scenario: i trigger... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cielle
1 Replies

3. Linux

rpm packaging issue for unixodbc driver manager

Hi All, I am trying to make rpm package for unixODBC driver manager 2.3.0 using below spec file. During rpmbuild i am getting the error. Can you pls advice how we can overcome this issue %define name unixODBC %define ver 2.3.0 %define prefix /usr %define sysconfdir /etc %define libdir... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

RPM packaging a directory of files

Hi, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction I have a requirement to distribute a set of admin scripts that currently sit in an SVN repo by packaging them up in an RPM so that they can me unpacked to the correct location by simply installing the package .. e.g. 'yum install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
0 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1)                                                    User Commands                                                   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)