Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming dbx - attach to process, break when crash Post 302496529 by ctote on Monday 14th of February 2011 10:28:03 AM
Old 02-14-2011
Wow, great! Thanks for the help, this exactly what I was looking for!

---------- Post updated at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:22 AM ----------

If the limit is exceeded, does that mean the core file will not be created at all? Or will it just be truncated? I guess both wouldn't help much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Process crash when allocating memory

Hi I'm currently using C++ on a HP-UX 11i system (upgrading some libraries) and am encountering a problem with the process crashing when allocating memory via a call to new (a rather large array of objects are being created). Is there a way to find out what the sizes of the stack and heap are?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: themezzaman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

attach process from another ssh session

Hi, I was logged in on a server, by ssh, with a vim open, when the battery of my laptop got empty. When I return to the server by ssh, I can see my previous ssh session still open, and the vim process running (ttyp0). Is there a way to attach that vim to my new session (ttyp4)? Here's part... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raphinou
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to attach an xterm to a process/thread ?

Hi folks, I would like to know how to hook up an xterm to another process. Here is a high level view of what I am looking for 1. Main program starts 2. It creates an new xterm window 3. It then forks a second process & passes the xterm handle to it 4. The second process uses the second... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RipClaw
4 Replies

4. Solaris

process doesn't crash when i use the truss ??

Hi All, We a critical application running on the Sun Solaris platform. But, for some reasons the process get's killed abnormally in the production environment and not sure what was causing this. I thought i would use the truss command to trace the errors.. so i used the bellow command truss... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
5 Replies

5. Programming

dbx - break on access violations

Hey everyone, Is there a way to make dbx break on access violations? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
2 Replies

6. Programming

AIX dbx - attaching to a process that is crashing

Hey everyone, I'm trying to attach to a process that is crashing so I can debug the source code. I've tried this: dbx -a PID stop at "file.cpp":line# However, nothing ever breaks. The service crashes and restarts, but I never see it hitting the code. I've tried to use a core file, but... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Programming

Cannot get dbx to work correctly with a running process

Hi everyone, I've been struggling with this for a few weeks now. I'm trying to debug a running process with dbx on an AIX box. The command I'm using is 'dbx -a <pid> core' There is a function I can perform in my application that crashes this process, but it does not show up as crashed in... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I set DBX to break on an Access Violation?

I'm trying to debug a service crash, and would like to break on an access violation - is this possible? (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. AIX

How to set the break point using dbx?

Hi, I am trying to debug my project using dbx to understand the code and functionality of modules. I compiled all my C files using gcc -g flag to enable the debug option. I was able to get in to the debug mode using dbx. I was able to create breakpoints using stop at line no. "stop at... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Attach process with port 2222

Hi Team, is there any way, I can start any process for e.g. run a shell script (infinite loop) and attach it to port 2222? I am trying to create a scenario where an application will start running at port 2222 and I will telnet the same to confirm, application port is listening. So,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivekpandit7
1 Replies