Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Truncate folder path
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Truncate folder path Post 302496523 by vgersh99 on Monday 14th of February 2011 09:47:53 AM
Old 02-14-2011
Code:
 sed 's#PROD/.*#PROD#' myFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate directory path

Is it possibe to use sed for the following? I would like to truncate the output of a directory path if it's over 3 directory levels deep. For example: /dir1/dir2/dir3 -- NO change required but, /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 would output as ~/dir4 Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder?

Hello, I am an amature at UNIX commands and functionality. Please could you all assist me by replying to my below mentioned querry : How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder? Thanks guys Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajit.yadav83
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls + folder path

I am using ls -l -R to view all the files in the parent directory and sub -directories. Is it possible to view the path of the files in another column. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soumodeep123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to list files with path & date in a folder

Hi, I need command to display files with full path and date of files where are generated at every 5hrs in a folder. eg: /u01/app/test/orjthsd_1_1 Sun May 10 19:03:26 2009 /u01/app/test/weoiusd_1_1 Sun May 10 21:00:26 2009 thanks saha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate path and keep only filenames

Hi everyone, I have a question for you, I'm trying to create a script that will automate creating loading screens for the iPhone. So what I need to do, is list the directories inside /var/mobile/Applications and scan inside those, for the .app directory inside each. Take that .app name... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kicker75
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Given a path get the last folder in the path

Hi, I have a path such as: PATH= "/home/user/Desktop/folder1/folder2"and I want to output the last folder in the path i.e. "folder 2" Any idea how I should do this? grep? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract a folder from a full path

Hi everyone, I have different folders which looks like this: /mnt/ecrm/master/ecrm/templates/brochure/de_DE/zeitlos.ott /mnt/ecrm/master/ecrm/templates/mail/en_US/default.html /templates/header_and_footer/en_US/default.txt I want to get the bold text only in a variable. I already have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evilass
3 Replies

8. AIX

tprof, truncate the process path

Hi, i tryed tprof -skex sleep 6 but... Process PID TID Total Kernel User Shared Other Java ======= === === ===== ====== ==== ====== ===== ==== wait 57372 77863 31.31 31.31 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 wait ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanac
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to unmount a folder and do check disk only in that path

I need to check if a folder has some kind of logic disk problems. I have a FreeBSD machine where the (root)\tmp\TEST folder has some file created by a script that i cannot delete. If i rename the tmp\TEST folder then i can delete them (apparently) but if i recreate a folder in tmp directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirrorx
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Compiling fails due to space in path to home folder

I seem to have issues compiling software and I think I've narrowed it down to something having to do with having a space in the path name to my Home folder (which contains "Macintosh HD"). The reason I think this is shown here: $ echo $HOME /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/Tom $ cd $HOME -sh:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdgrant1
7 Replies
GETFILEINFO(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					    GETFILEINFO(1)

NAME
/usr/bin/GetFileInfo -- get attributes of files and directories SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/GetFileInfo [-P -a[<attribute-letter>] | -c | -d | -m | -t] file ... DESCRIPTION
/usr/bin/GetFileInfo is a tool to get the file attributes. With no flags, GetFileInfo retrieves all information about the file. If exactly one option is provided, GetFileInfo retrieves and displays just that information; supplying more than one is an error. Flags: -P Acts on a symlink file instead of the file the symlink resolves to. -a[<attribute-letter>] Gets a file's attribute bits where <attribute-letter> is one of the following: a Alias file b Has bundle c Custom icon (allowed on folders) d Located on the desktop (allowed on folders) e Extension is hidden (allowed on folders) i Inited - Finder is aware of this file and has given it a location in a window. (allowed on folders) l Locked m Shared (can run multiple times) n File has no INIT resource s System file (name locked) t "Stationery Pad" file v Invisible (allowed on folders) z Busy (allowed on folders) The value of a single attribute is printed as 0 for off or false, 1 for on or true. If no attribute letter is specified, the value of all attributes is returned, with lowercase letters representing off or false, and uppercase representing on or true. -t Gets the file type, a string of exactly four characters. If the type is not set, these will display as an empty pair of quo- tation marks. Directories do not have types, so the type will be skipped if all information is being displayed; specifying -t for a directory is an error. -c Gets the file's creator, a string of four characters enclosed in quotation marks. If the creator is not set, these will dis- play as an empty pair of quotation marks. Directories do not have creators, so the creator will be skipped if all information is being displayed; specifying -c for a directory is an error. -d Gets the creation date, a string of the form "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss" in 24-hour clock format. -m Gets the modification date, a string of the form "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss" in 24-hour clock format. RETURN VALUES
0 success 1 syntax error 2 any other error SEE ALSO
SetFile(1) EXAMPLES
The following command line gets and prints the creator for the "Late Breaking News" file: /Developer/Tools/GetFileInfo -c "Late Breaking News" This command line prints the modification date of "myFile": /Developer/Tools/GetFileInfo -m myFile Mac OS X September 27, 2005 Mac OS X