Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed to find first appearance and append string Post 302496480 by ctsgnb on Monday 14th of February 2011 07:45:20 AM
Old 02-14-2011
Code:
sed '/^GROUP A/!d;s/$/ vkk/;q' $i >$i.new

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the line number of a pattern of first appearance??

Hi, I am doin a project in shell script please answer the above question..... waiting........ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivarajM
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash/grep/awk/sed: How to extract every appearance of text between two specific strings

I have a text wich looks like this: clid=2 cid=6 client_database_id=35 client_nickname=Peter client_type=0|clid=3 cid=22 client_database_id=57 client_nickname=Paul client_type=0|clid=5 cid=22 client_database_id=7 client_nickname=Mary client_type=0|clid=6 cid=22 client_database_id=6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pioneer1976
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed append to string

I am trying to replace in multiple files every instance of text that begins with http and add hyperlink characters to it. I can get it to work with the following:sed -e "s/http*.*/<a href=\"&\">&<\/a>/g" * as long as the http text is at the end of the file. I need it to stop at the end of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find string in a file and append character

Hi Experts, Is there a way to find a string in a file then append a character to that string then save the file or save to another file. Here is an example. >cat test.txt NULL NULL NULL 9,800.00 NULL 1,234,567.01 I want to find all NON NULL String and add a dollar sign to those... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: brichigo
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a searched string with another string using sed

Hi, I need to replace and append a string in a text if grep is true. For eg: grep ABC test.txt | grep -v '\.$' | awk {'print $4'} | sed "s/ ? How do I replace all instances of "print $4" using sed with another sring? Eg of the string returned will be, lx123 web222 xyz Want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vchee
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Find a String and append a text end of the Line

Hi, I have a File, which have multiple rows. Like below 123456 Test1 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Approver XXXXXX. YYYY 123457 Test2 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Super XXXXXX. YYYY 123458 Test3 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Approver XXXXXX. YYYY I want to search a line which contains PB MO Approver and append... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: java2006
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to Find first string, then next string

I know that if file is now is the time for all good men house boat car for sed -n -e '/is/,/for/p' file will print (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find string in file and append new string after

Hi All, I'm trying to insert a string into a file at a specific location. I'd like to add a string after the parent::__construct(); in my file. <?php if (! defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access allowed'); class MY_Controller extends CI_Controller { function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjkilpatrick
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find and append or insert on SAME line

Hi, $ cat f1 My name is Bruce and my surname is I want to use SED to find “Bruce” and then append “ Lee” to the end of the line in which “Bruce” is found Then a more tricky one…. I want to INSERT ….a string… in to a line in which I find sometihng. So example $ cat f2 My name is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnu tool; sed awk echo etc to prepend or append string to a file

Looking to add text to a file, example File example; nodegroups: check-hosts: L@host.domain.com,host2.domain.com,host3.domain.com I need to take a file with a one line list of hosts separated by commas host.domain.com,host2.domain.com,host3.domain.comand prepend the string " ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)