Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using shell commands in awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using shell commands in awk Post 302496475 by danmero on Monday 14th of February 2011 07:26:30 AM
Old 02-14-2011
Code:
echo rpm|awk '{system "rpm -qc " $1 "|grep etc|getline configfile";print configfile}'

What is getline for? awk or shell ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KORN Shell - Spawn new shell with commands

I want to be able to run a script on one server, that will spawn another shell which runs some commands on another server.. I have seen some code that may help - but I cant get it working as below: spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "telnet x <port_no>\r" expect "Enter command: " send "LOGIN:x:x;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute shell commands in awk script?

Greetings Friends, Suppose I wish to invoke some shell level commands inside an awk script how to do that? say I wish to use : "wc" on a record to count number of characters in a record Any clues? Thanks, Rishi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to join the corresponding lines using shell commands or awk

Suppose u have this file gi_1 ABCDEFDHIJ KMNOPQRSTU VWXYZABCDE gi_2 JKLMNOPQRS TUVWXYZABC DEFGHIJKLM gi_3 PQRSTUVWXY ZABCDEFGHI JKLMNOPQRS gi_4 CDEFGHIJKL MNOPQRSTUV WXYZABCDEF gi_5 IJKLMNOPQR STUVWXYZAB CDEFGHIJKLM FGHIJKLMNO PQRSTUVWXY ZABCDEFABC NOPQRSTUVW XYZABCDEFG... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what are some different commands in c shell and korn shell??

I am doing this simple script using c shell and korn shell. The commands I use are fgrep , ls, and also some redirecting. Is there any difference in using both of these commands in c shell and korn shell? Thanks and sorry for the stupid question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EquinoX
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script containing awk commands

Hi All, I am trying to execute a shell script containg awk commands. But unable to do so. Below is my script. Please help. The name of the script is scan.sh and I have tried executing it using the command sh scan.sh It is giving an error which reads like: awk:syntax error near line 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: misb
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any shell or hack that makes the shell command line take vi commands?

basically i'm tired of hitting the left arrow a few dozen times when correcting a mistake or modifying a history command i'd like to use vim style key shortcuts while on the command line so that a 55 moves the cursor 55 places to the left... and i want all the other vi goodies, search of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marqul
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in awk commands

can you please let me know what does the below awk command does. awk 'NR>2{printf "%-30s %-15s\n", $1, !($4)?$2:$4;}' result.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use shell commands within awk?

Hey guys i want to use shell commands like ls, find, cd and more with in awk statements with inputs from the awk variables. Like in the below code how can i change the directory using the value of path. Please suggest awk '{ while (i<NR) { i++; percentage = $5; path = $6; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishi90
2 Replies
scha_resourcetype_get(1HA)				       Sun Cluster Commands					scha_resourcetype_get(1HA)

NAME
scha_resourcetype_get - access resource type information SYNOPSIS
scha_resourcetype_get -O optag -T type DESCRIPTION
The scha_resourcetype_get command accesses information about a resource type that is registered with the Resource Group Manager (RGM). Use this command in shell script implementations of the callback methods for resource types that represent services that are controlled by the RGM. This command provides the same information as the scha_resourcetype_get(3HA) C function. Information is output by this command to the standard output (stdout) in formatted strings, as described in the scha_cmds(1HA) man page. Output is a string or several strings that are output on separate lines. You can store the output in shell variables. You can also parse the output by using the awk(1) command or other shell commands for further use by the script. You need solaris.cluster.resource.read RBAC authorization to use this command. See the rbac(5) man page. Authorized users can issue privileged Sun Cluster commands on the command line from the pfsh(1), pfcsh(1), or pfksh(1) profile shell. A profile shell is a special kind of shell that enables you to access privileged Sun Cluster commands that are assigned to the Sun Cluster Commands rights profile. A profile shell is launched when you run su(1M) to assume a role. You can also use pfexec(1) to issue privileged Sun Cluster commands. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -O optag Indicates the information to be accessed. Note - optag options, such as API_VERSION and BOOT, are not case sensitive. You can use any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters when you specify optag options. The following optag values retrieve the corresponding resource type properties. The value of the named property of the resource's type is output. API_VERSION BOOT FAILOVER FINI INIT INIT_NODES INSTALLED_NODES IS_LOGICAL_HOSTNAME IS_SHARED_ADDRESS MONITOR_CHECK MONITOR_START MONITOR_STOP PKGLIST POSTNET_STOP PRENET_START RESOURCE_LIST RT_BASEDIR RT_DESCRIPTION RT_SYSTEM RT_VERSION SINGLE_INSTANCE START STOP UPDATE VALIDATE -T type Is the name of a resource type that is registered for use by the RGM cluster facility. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. nonzero An error occurred. Failure error codes are described scha_calls(3HA). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
awk(1), scha_cmds(1HA), scha_calls(3HA), scha_resourcetype_get(3HA), attributes(5), rt_properties(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 31 May 2006 scha_resourcetype_get(1HA)