Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Extracting variables between commas : GAWK or SED Post 302496444 by jujulips on Monday 14th of February 2011 05:48:25 AM
Old 02-14-2011
I wrote this Batch File :
Code:
gawk 'NR==1{split($0,a,"/");next}
{print "IN\tTAUX" ++c "\t" a[3] a[2] a[1] "D\t"  $1 "\t" $1}
' RS=";" C:\file.txt
pause

Dos returns me this Error message :
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\julien.lacombe\Desktop>gawk 'NR==1{split($0,a,"/");nex
t}
gawk: cmd. line:1: 'NR==1{split($0,a,/);next}
gawk: cmd. line:1: ^ invalid char ''' in expression

C:\Documents and Settings\julien.lacombe\Desktop>{print "IN\tTAUX" ++c "\t" a[3]
 a[2] a[1] "D\t"  $1 "\t" $1}
'{print' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\julien.lacombe\Desktop>' RS=";" C:\file.txt
''' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\julien.lacombe\Desktop>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Thanks for your time, I'm currently learning Batch et Gawk scripting !

---------- Post updated at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:43 AM ----------

I changed my Batch file into :

Code:
gawk "NR==1{split($0,a,"/");next}{print "IN\tTAUX" ++c "\t" a[3] a[2] a[1] "D\t"  $1 "\t" $1}" RS=";" C:\file.txt 
pause

And dos returns me this Error :

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\julien.lacombe\Desktop>gawk "NR==1{split($0,a,"/");nex
t}{print "IN\tTAUX" ++c "\t" a[3] a[2] a[1] "D\t"  $1 "\t" $1}" RS=";" C:\file.t
xt
gawk: cmd. line:1: NR==1{split($0,a,/);next}{print IN\tTAUX ++c \t a[3] a[2] a[1
] D\t  $1 \t $1}
gawk: cmd. line:1:                   ^ unterminated regexp
gawk: cmd. line:2: NR==1{split($0,a,/);next}{print IN\tTAUX ++c \t a[3] a[2] a[1
] D\t  $1 \t $1}
gawk: cmd. line:2:
                ^ unexpected newline

C:\Documents and Settings\julien.lacombe\Desktop>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use variables and gawk in a script?

Hi, I want to define variables in a shell script and make gawk use them to make some operations Mfn = $(grep " 1 " $fitxer | gawk '{print $2}') Xfn = $(grep " 1 " $fitxer | gawk '{print $3}') Yfn = $(grep " 1 " $fitxer | gawk '{print $4}') Zfn = $(grep " 1 " $fitxer | gawk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting commas and replacing backslashes with commas

Hi, Newbie here. I have a file that consists of data that I want to convert to a csv file. For example: Jul 20 2008 1111 / visit home / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLOC-1.1 VendorID/105 Jul 21 2008 22222 / add friend / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kangaroo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting strings surrounded by parentheses and seperate by commas

Excuse the terrible title. I have a text file of 1..n lines, each one containing at least one string between parentheses. Within each string, there is one or more strings separated by commas. I need to extract each string, thus: input file: (THIS,THAT) (THE,OTHER) (THING) (OR,MAYBE)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpfeif
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing Commas in a textfile using sed

Hi guys task removing the last commas of 5th and 6th columns. The bug in the script is causing effect because of whitespaces around commas. I tried to delete white spaces first and running the above script. but still some where getting the results wrong. I already have a script to do this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select ip and date using sed or gawk

1.56.253.48 - - "GET " 1.6.253.48 - - "GET " 1.65.253.48 - - "GET " 1.65.253.48 - - "GET " 1.63.53.48 - - "GET " 1.65.253.48 - - "GET " 1.16.23.48 - - "GET " 1.64.25.48 - - "GET " need command which give the output 1.6.253.48 - 09/Nov/2009:07:02:24 1.65.253.48 -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_evc
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting variables from echo

Hello all. I can not remember the command to extract a variable from the date command. Basically what I need to do is to store the values of date in variable and rearrange them. I can not remember the command or the syntax to do so. so.. date Mon Mar 8 06:57:19 GMT 2010 $1 $2 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed and replacing white spaces with commas

Dear all, I am in a bit of a quandary. I have 400 text files which I need to edit and output in a very specific way. Here is a sample text file copied from gedit ... The columns will come out a bit messed up but when I cat <file>, it gives a table with six columns (0-28, tot lob vol, vcsf,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonz
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting substrings from variables

Hello Everyone, I am looking for a way to extract substrings to local variables. Here is the format of the string variable i am using : /var/x/www && /usr/x/share/doc && /etc/x/logs where the substrings i must extract are the "/var/x/www" and such. I was originally thinking of using... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy75_13
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK or SED. Need to replace the commas between double quotes in CSV file

Hello experts, I need to validate a csv file which contains data like this: Sample.csv "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 I just need to check if all the records contain exactly the number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk and sed question

Can anyone tell me what this script does? sort file1.txt | awk -F, -f event.gawk Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dee campbell
2 Replies
SPLIT(1)								FSF								  SPLIT(1)

NAME
split - split a file into pieces SYNOPSIS
split [OPTION] [INPUT [PREFIX]] DESCRIPTION
Output fixed-size pieces of INPUT to PREFIXaa, PREFIXab, ...; default PREFIX is `x'. With no INPUT, or when INPUT is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a, --suffix-length=N use suffixes of length N (default 2) -b, --bytes=SIZE put SIZE bytes per output file -C, --line-bytes=SIZE put at most SIZE bytes of lines per output file -l, --lines=NUMBER put NUMBER lines per output file --verbose print a diagnostic to standard error just before each output file is opened --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may have a multiplier suffix: b for 512, k for 1K, m for 1 Meg. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for split is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and split programs are properly installed at your site, the command info split should give you access to the complete manual. split (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 SPLIT(1)