Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Extracting variables between commas : GAWK or SED Post 302496443 by Franklin52 on Monday 14th of February 2011 05:30:57 AM
Old 02-14-2011
Try:
Code:
awk 'NR==1{split($0,a,"/");next}
{print "IN\tTAUX" ++c "\t" a[3] a[2] a[1] "D\t"  $1 "\t" $1}
' RS=";" file

This User Gave Thanks to Franklin52 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use variables and gawk in a script?

Hi, I want to define variables in a shell script and make gawk use them to make some operations Mfn = $(grep " 1 " $fitxer | gawk '{print $2}') Xfn = $(grep " 1 " $fitxer | gawk '{print $3}') Yfn = $(grep " 1 " $fitxer | gawk '{print $4}') Zfn = $(grep " 1 " $fitxer | gawk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting commas and replacing backslashes with commas

Hi, Newbie here. I have a file that consists of data that I want to convert to a csv file. For example: Jul 20 2008 1111 / visit home / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLOC-1.1 VendorID/105 Jul 21 2008 22222 / add friend / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kangaroo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting strings surrounded by parentheses and seperate by commas

Excuse the terrible title. I have a text file of 1..n lines, each one containing at least one string between parentheses. Within each string, there is one or more strings separated by commas. I need to extract each string, thus: input file: (THIS,THAT) (THE,OTHER) (THING) (OR,MAYBE)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpfeif
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing Commas in a textfile using sed

Hi guys task removing the last commas of 5th and 6th columns. The bug in the script is causing effect because of whitespaces around commas. I tried to delete white spaces first and running the above script. but still some where getting the results wrong. I already have a script to do this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select ip and date using sed or gawk

1.56.253.48 - - "GET " 1.6.253.48 - - "GET " 1.65.253.48 - - "GET " 1.65.253.48 - - "GET " 1.63.53.48 - - "GET " 1.65.253.48 - - "GET " 1.16.23.48 - - "GET " 1.64.25.48 - - "GET " need command which give the output 1.6.253.48 - 09/Nov/2009:07:02:24 1.65.253.48 -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_evc
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting variables from echo

Hello all. I can not remember the command to extract a variable from the date command. Basically what I need to do is to store the values of date in variable and rearrange them. I can not remember the command or the syntax to do so. so.. date Mon Mar 8 06:57:19 GMT 2010 $1 $2 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed and replacing white spaces with commas

Dear all, I am in a bit of a quandary. I have 400 text files which I need to edit and output in a very specific way. Here is a sample text file copied from gedit ... The columns will come out a bit messed up but when I cat <file>, it gives a table with six columns (0-28, tot lob vol, vcsf,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonz
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting substrings from variables

Hello Everyone, I am looking for a way to extract substrings to local variables. Here is the format of the string variable i am using : /var/x/www && /usr/x/share/doc && /etc/x/logs where the substrings i must extract are the "/var/x/www" and such. I was originally thinking of using... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy75_13
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK or SED. Need to replace the commas between double quotes in CSV file

Hello experts, I need to validate a csv file which contains data like this: Sample.csv "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 I just need to check if all the records contain exactly the number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk and sed question

Can anyone tell me what this script does? sort file1.txt | awk -F, -f event.gawk Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dee campbell
2 Replies
EMPTY-PAGE(1)							 ExactImage Manual						     EMPTY-PAGE(1)

NAME
empty-page - empty page detector of the ExactImage toolkit SYNOPSIS
empty-page [option...] {-i | --input} input-file empty-page {-h | --help} DESCRIPTION
ExactImage is a fast C++ image processing library. Unlike many other library frameworks it allows operation in several color spaces and bit depths natively, resulting in low memory and computational requirements. empty-page counts dark pixels of a black and white image and decides with a threshold whether the page is most probably empty, and thus can be removed from the image processing stream. OPTIONS
-i file, --input file Read image from the specified file. -m n, --margin n Set width of border margin to skip. For speed reasons, the margin has to be a multiple of 8. The default is 16. -p x, --percentage x Set fraction of permissible dark pixels. The default is 0.05 (5%). -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
$ empty-page -i test.tif The image has 75461 dark pixels from a total of 1060992 (7.11231%). non-empty EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 if the image is mostly white, 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
exactimage(7) AUTHORS
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> Wrote this manual page for the Debian system. http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/ This manual page incorporates texts found on the ExactImage homepage. COPYRIGHT
This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. empty-page 09/09/2013 EMPTY-PAGE(1)