Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Extracting variables between commas : GAWK or SED Post 302496422 by jujulips on Monday 14th of February 2011 04:29:41 AM
Old 02-14-2011
Error Extracting variables between commas : GAWK or SED

Hello,

I need some help,

I got a CSV file called test.txt with this text in it :

Code:
08/02/2011;0,677;0,903;1,079;1,336;1,513;1,683

There's only a line and i need to copy theese numbers into variables :

The output file should look like this :

Code:
IN      TAUX1                                    20110208D  0,677          0,677
IN      TAUX2                                    20110208D  0,903          0,903
ETC ...

I'm under windows7 and but i have SED and GAWK installed.

Can someone Help me doing this ? With Gawk I always get a parse error while setting the FS to ";"

Thanks a lot for your Help guys !

Julien

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use variables and gawk in a script?

Hi, I want to define variables in a shell script and make gawk use them to make some operations Mfn = $(grep " 1 " $fitxer | gawk '{print $2}') Xfn = $(grep " 1 " $fitxer | gawk '{print $3}') Yfn = $(grep " 1 " $fitxer | gawk '{print $4}') Zfn = $(grep " 1 " $fitxer | gawk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting commas and replacing backslashes with commas

Hi, Newbie here. I have a file that consists of data that I want to convert to a csv file. For example: Jul 20 2008 1111 / visit home / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLOC-1.1 VendorID/105 Jul 21 2008 22222 / add friend / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kangaroo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting strings surrounded by parentheses and seperate by commas

Excuse the terrible title. I have a text file of 1..n lines, each one containing at least one string between parentheses. Within each string, there is one or more strings separated by commas. I need to extract each string, thus: input file: (THIS,THAT) (THE,OTHER) (THING) (OR,MAYBE)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpfeif
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing Commas in a textfile using sed

Hi guys task removing the last commas of 5th and 6th columns. The bug in the script is causing effect because of whitespaces around commas. I tried to delete white spaces first and running the above script. but still some where getting the results wrong. I already have a script to do this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select ip and date using sed or gawk

1.56.253.48 - - "GET " 1.6.253.48 - - "GET " 1.65.253.48 - - "GET " 1.65.253.48 - - "GET " 1.63.53.48 - - "GET " 1.65.253.48 - - "GET " 1.16.23.48 - - "GET " 1.64.25.48 - - "GET " need command which give the output 1.6.253.48 - 09/Nov/2009:07:02:24 1.65.253.48 -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_evc
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting variables from echo

Hello all. I can not remember the command to extract a variable from the date command. Basically what I need to do is to store the values of date in variable and rearrange them. I can not remember the command or the syntax to do so. so.. date Mon Mar 8 06:57:19 GMT 2010 $1 $2 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed and replacing white spaces with commas

Dear all, I am in a bit of a quandary. I have 400 text files which I need to edit and output in a very specific way. Here is a sample text file copied from gedit ... The columns will come out a bit messed up but when I cat <file>, it gives a table with six columns (0-28, tot lob vol, vcsf,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonz
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting substrings from variables

Hello Everyone, I am looking for a way to extract substrings to local variables. Here is the format of the string variable i am using : /var/x/www && /usr/x/share/doc && /etc/x/logs where the substrings i must extract are the "/var/x/www" and such. I was originally thinking of using... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy75_13
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK or SED. Need to replace the commas between double quotes in CSV file

Hello experts, I need to validate a csv file which contains data like this: Sample.csv "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 I just need to check if all the records contain exactly the number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk and sed question

Can anyone tell me what this script does? sort file1.txt | awk -F, -f event.gawk Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dee campbell
2 Replies
.::SWF::TextField(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    .::SWF::TextField(3pm)

NAME
SWF::TextField - SWF TextField class SYNOPSIS
use SWF::TextField; $textfield = new SWF::TextField([$flags]); DESCRIPTION
Unlike SWF::Text objects, TextFields cannot be rotated, scaled non-proportionally, or skewed. However, TextFields can be used as form entries and they can use browser-defined fonts. NOTES
: TextField is implemented into Flash since Flash3. Most of features for TextFields are available since Flash4. Simple HTML-tags in TextField are possible since Flash5. METHODS
new SWF::TextField([$flags]); Creates a TextField object whose behaviour is dictated by "flags" (see also SWF::Constants): SWFTEXTFIELD_NOEDIT: Non-editable Textfiled SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD: Obscure user input with astricts. SWFTEXTFIELD_DRAWBOX: Draw a border around TextField SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE: TextFiels may contain multiple lines SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP: Warp text when text reaches TextField border SWFTEXTFIELD_NOSELECT: TextField is not selected when user clicks on it SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT: Align text to the left SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT: Align text to the right SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER: Align text to the center SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY: Justify text SWFTEXTFIELD_HTML: Add HTML markup string SWFTEXTFIELD_HASLENGTH: SWFTEXTFIELD_USEFONT: Want to embed font SWFTEXTFIELD_AUTOSIZE: Flags may be combined with the bitwise OR operation. For example: my $t = new SWF::TextField(SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE | SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP); $textfield->addString($string) $textfield->addUTF8String($UTF8string) Add $string to TextField. Text is appended to the existing text. $textfield->align($alignment) $textfield->setAlignment($alignment) Set the alignment of the text in the textfield. Possible values are SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY By default a SWF::TextField ist left aligned. $textfield->setBounds($width, $height) Sets the width and height of the textfield. $textfield->setColor($red, $green, $blue [, $alpha]) Set the color of the text. An 8 bit value for each parameter. You can use the hex or decimal notation. Even mixed. $tf->setColor(0xcc,0,0x33); $tf->setColor(204,0,51,255); $textfield->setFont($font) Sets an SWF::Font object -$font- to be used in the TextField. $textfield->setPadding($padding) Set TextField padding. $textfield->setHeight($height) Set the height of font in your textfield. $textfield->setIndentation($indentation) Set the indentation of the first line of a paragraph. $textfield->setLeftMargin($left) Sets the left margin of the textfield. $textfield->setRightMargin($right) Sets the right margin of the textfield. $textfield->setMargins($left, $right) Sets left and right margins of $textfield. $textfield->setLineSpacing($linespacing) Sets the space between lines. $textfield->setName($name) $textfield->setVariableName($name) Assigns a name to the TextField which could be used to reference the TextField within ActionScript. $textfield->addChars($string) $textfield->addUTF8Chars($UTF8string) Adds characters to a font that will be available within a textfield. $textfield->setFlags($flags) Set TextField behaviour by "flags" (see above new SWF::TextField) For example: $textfield->setFlags(SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD); $textfield->setLength($length) Sets limit for user input size to $length. $textfield->setFieldHeight($height) Sets height limit for visible part of text field. If $height is set to 0, the height is calculated by used font, see setHeight() method. AUTHOR
Soheil Seyfaie (soheil at users.sourceforge.net). SEE ALSO
SWF, SWF::Action, SWF::Button, SWF::Constants, SWF::DisplayItem, SWF::Font, SWF::Movie, SWF::MovieCip, SWF::Text perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 .::SWF::TextField(3pm)