Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX LEARNING AIX - PLS GUID MY BRO 'S & SISTERS ! Post 302496362 by harsath24330 on Sunday 13th of February 2011 09:08:19 PM
Old 02-13-2011
Error LEARNING AIX - PLS GUID MY BRO 'S & SISTERS !

Hi,
I am harsath , am new to UNIX- Aix ust started to learning , interested in working with servers , is it necessary to know shell scripting before learning aix, will i get job only if i know aix ....

pls reply..... Thanks in advance....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning Unix & Linux

I'm new to Unix. I'm just looking for really good unix documents through Internet as pdf format on programming in all shells, and system adminstrator documents, and well as just all around really good documents on unix. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: faaarin
5 Replies

2. AIX

Hands On Learning - AIX

Hi all, I am interested in your opinions of the best way to get hands-on security experience with AIX. I am proficient with most linux flavors on intel, but need to get familiar with AIX. Any ideas on how to get some hands-on without lumping out $4Gs for a used RS/6000? Thanks EW (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewelsh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls guide me in learning in Perl Module and packages

Hi, It is very urgent. Pls guide me in learning Perl Module and the Packages. Eventhough i tried in the google, I didnt get upto my expectations. Pls guide me how to create , build Module and the package. Many Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yamini Thoppen
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I/ps pls for migration of oraboot & orabackup files from Tru64 Unix to Linux 3.0

Hi, I have 2 Files - oraboot and orabackup, which are correct Files in Tru64 Environment and I am trying to check whether the Files are running properly in my current Linux 3.0. (basically trying to migrate them from Tru64 to Linux 3.0). The files are neither Shell nor Perl, and just have the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

5. Linux

I/ps pls for migration of oraboot & orabackup files from Tru64 Unix to Linux 3.0

Hi, I have 2 Files - oraboot and orabackup, which are correct Files in Tru64 Environment and I am trying to check whether the Files are running properly in my current Linux 3.0. (basically trying to migrate them from Tru64 to Linux 3.0). The files are neither Shell nor Perl, and just have the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX learning path: suggestions

Hello, Am fresher to AIX domain but trained in RHEL 5. I want to go for AIX certifications in future and very much eager to learn AIX from basics.Kindly provide me the guides or the links or the books for study. What are the recent IBM AIX certifications in the market as of today and their... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaheerbk
3 Replies

7. Programming

7 days into learning PYTHON & looking for some feedback

Hey folks. Title says it all, but... It's been an interesting few days. Never done anything object-oriented before. Previously only had BASH experience. I'm LOVING python. I see so much potential (of course). Can't wait to really get a feel for what's available in the Standard Library. I have no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryran
6 Replies

8. AIX

Learning AIX from zero.

Dear Sirs: Good afternoon, my name is Javier. I´m new to Unix and I am working as a Linux Server admin in an ISP from Argentina. I´m want to in learn AIX, and find interesting information about it on some IBM Redbooks. I would like to know if is there any possibility to Virtualize an AIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavinux
8 Replies

9. AIX

Learning AIX?

I have a new job where they will expect me to start (as a beginner) to administer using AIX, this will be for a credit card payment company. I understand that there are many flavours of Unix of which AIX is just one. Should I concentrate on just trying to learn AIX or is there some other... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: henfold
9 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Event processing & machine learning in monitoring system

Hello! For a couple of years I'm developing an IT infrastructure monitoring system in the research group in my university. And now we would like to use some nontrivial methods in this area. So, I decided to contact with experienced users on the subject. My questions would be: Do existing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyalxx
3 Replies
wnnenvrc(4)							   File Formats 						       wnnenvrc(4)

NAME
wnnenvrc - Wnn6 Kana-Kanji conversion dictionary/conversion parameter configuration file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/locale/ja/wnn/ja/wnnenvrc DESCRIPTION
wnnenvrc is a file that sets the Kana-Kanji conversion dictionary, attributes files, and conversion parameters. Entries is set in the following style: entry setting_value ... entry and setting_value are separated by space character or tab. Lines beginning with semicolons (;) are comments. If the same entry except for setdic appears more than once, the last one will be used. Up to 30 files can be specified as entry setting dictionaries ( setdic, set_fi_system_dic, set_fi_user_dic, muhenkan_gakusyuu, bunsetsugiri_gakusyuu). o include wnnenvrc_filename Reads another wnnenvrc file, and is used to add individual user settings to another wnnenvrc file. The following can be used for file name. ~ Value of HOME environmental variable ~user The home directory of user @HOME Value of HOME environmental variable @LIBDIR /usr/lib/locale/ja/wnn @USR user name o setdic dictionary_file_name frequency_file_name dictionary_priority dictionary_read-only_setting frequency_read-only_setting dictio- nary_file_password_file_name frequency_file_password_file_name conversion The above dictionaries are set. dictionary_file_name frequency_file_name Specifies the name of the dictionary file and the frequency file. The frequency in the dictionary file will be used if "-" is specified. The following specification for file position can be used at the beginning of file names. ! For a client file : For a jserver file hostname: For a hostname wnnds file If a file position is not specified and the dictionary server (wnnds) set by jserver is specified, the wnnds file will be used. Otherwise, the jserver file is used. dictionary_priority Specifies the dictionary priority as a decimal value. dictionary_read-only_setting Specifies the dictionary read-only setting. 1 Read-only. Does not update the dictionary file. 2 Temporary learning. Learns temporarily, but does not update the dictionary file. 3 Group dictionary. Shares one dictionary among multiple users. Updates the dictionary file. 4 Merge dictionary. Shares one dictionary among multiple users. Does not updates the dictionary file. 0 Others. frequency_read-only_setting Specify the dictionary read-only setting. 1 Read-only. Does not update the frequency file. 2 Temporary learning. Learns temporarily, but does not update the frequency file. 0 Others. dictionary_file_password_file_name Specifies the file in which the dictionary file password is described frequency_file_password_file_name Specifies the file in which the frequency file password is described conversion Specify 0 for Kana-Kanji conversion and 1 for Kanji-Kana conversion. If the specification is omitted setting after frequency_file_name, the following value is used. - 5 0 0 - - 0 o set_fi_system_dic FI-related_system_dictionary_file_name FI-related_frequency_file_name FI-related_frequency_read-only_setting FI- related_frequency file_password_file_name FI-related_system_dictioSpecifies_theeFI-relatedduserqdictionary_file name. If FI-related_system_dictionary_file_name is specified "-", FI related frequency is not updated. The following specification for file position can be used at the beginning of FI-related_system_dictionary_file_name and FI-related_frequency_file_name. ! For a client file : For a jserver file hostname: For a hostname wnnds file If a file position is not specified and the dictionary server (wnnds) set by jserver is specified, the wnnds file will be used. Otherwise, the jserver file is used. FI-relateSpecifyethe_FI-relatedsfrequency read-only setting. 1 Read-only. Does not update the FI-related frequency file. 2 Temporary learning. Learns the FI-related frequency file temporarily, but does not update the FI-related frequency file. 3 Group dictionary. Shares one FI-related frequency dictionary among multiple users. Updates the FI-related frequency file. 0 Others. FI-relateSpecifiesctheifileainwwhichithenFI-related frequency file password is described set_fi_user_dic FI-related_user_dictionary_file_name FI-related_user_dictionary_read-only_setting FI-related_user_dictio- nary_file_password_file_FI-relateSpecifiescthenFI-relatedauser dictionary file. The following specification for file position can be used at the beginning of the file. ! For a client file : For a jserver file hostname: For a hostname wnnds file If a file position is not specified and the dictionary server (wnnds) set by jserver is specified, the wnnds file will be used. Otherwise, the jserver file is used. FI-relateSpecifydtheiFI-related-user_dictionary read-only setting. 1 Read-only. Does not update the FI-related user dictionary file. 2 Temporary learning. Learns temporarily, but does not update the FI-related user dictionary file. 3 Group dictionary. Shares one dictionary among multiple users. Updates the FI-related user dictionary file. 0 Others. FI-relateSpecifiescthenfilefinewhichwthe_FI-related user dictionary file name password is described. muhenkan_gakusyuu no-conSetsiotheeano-conversionalearning.ameNo-conversionnlearninggisiusedntoyautomaticallytrecordocandidatesn_inathe ing_dictionary_priority no-conversion_learning_dictionary_when_candidatesiarenconfirmedrinoHiragana, Katakana, or roman characters. no-converSpecifiesnno-conversionylearningmdictionary file name. The following specification for file position can be used at the beginning of the file. ! For a client file : For a jserver file hostname: For a hostname wnnds file If a file position is not specified and the dictionary server (wnnds) set by jserver is specified, the wnnds file will be used. Otherwise, the jserver file is used. no-converSpecifyathenno-conversionrlearning_dictionary read-only setting. 1 Read-only. Does not update the no-conversion learning dictionary file. 2 Temporary learning. Learns temporarily, but does not update the no-conversion learning dic- tionary file. 3 Group dictionary. Shares one no-conversion learning dictionary among multiple users. Updates the no-conversion learning dictionary file. 0 Others. no-converSpecifiesnthe_no-conversionilearning dictionary priority in a decimal number. no-converSpecifiesnthe_fileiinawhichltheano-conversionalearning dictionary file password is decribed. conversioSpecify 0 for Kana-Kanji conversion and 1 for Kanji-Kana conversion. o bunsetsugiri_gakusyuu rephrasing_learning_dictionary_file_name rephrasing_learning_dictionary_read-only_setting rephrasing_learn- ing_dictionary_priority rephrasing_learning_dictionary_ file_password_file_name conversion Set the rephrasing learning. Rephrasing learning is used to record one phrase in the rephrasing learning dictionary, which is made from two phrases before and after a rephrasing point when confirming phrases. rephrasinSpecifiesgthecrephrasingllearning dictionary file. The following specification for file position can be used at the beginning of the file. ! For a client file : For a jserver file hostname: For a hostname wnnds file If a file position is not specified and the dictionary server (wnnds) set by jserver is specified, the wnnds file will be used. Otherwise, the jserver file is used. rephrasinSpecifyithedrephrasingrlearning_dictionary setting. 1 Read-only. Does not update the rephrasing learning dictionary file. 2 Temporary learning. Learns temporarily, but does not update the rephrasing learning dictionary file. 3 Group dictionary. Shares one rephrasing learning dictionary among multiple users. Updates the rephrasing learning dictionary file. 0 Others. rephrasinSpecifiesgthecrephrasingilearning dictionary priority in a decimal number. rephrasinSpecifiesgthecfileain_which_thesrephrasingnlearning dictionary file password is decribed. conversioSpecifies 0 for Kana-Kanji conversion and 1 for Kanji-Kana conversion. o setfuzokugo auxiliary_word_file setgrammar auxiliary_word_file Specifies the auxiliary word file name. o setparam param0...param9 hindo0...hindo6 Specifies conversion parameters and pseudo-part of speech frequencies as integers. Defaults are given in parentheses. param0 N for N (long) phrase analysis(5) param1 Maximum number of short phrases in a long phrase(10) param2 Main word frequency parameter(2) param3 Short phrase length parameter(45) param4 Main word length parameter(0) param5 Bit parameter to indicate immediate previous usage(80) param6 Dictionary parameter(5) param7 Short phrase evaluation parameter(1) param8 Long phrase length parameter(20) param9 Number of short phrases parameter(0) hindo0 Pseudo-part of speech "number" frequency(400) hindo1 Pseudo-part of speech "Kana" frequency (-100) hindo2 Pseudo-part of speech "alphanumerics" frequency(400) hindo3 Pseudo-part of speech "symbol" frequency(80) hindo4 Pseudo-part of speech "closing parentheses" frequency(200) hindo5 Pseudo-part of speech "auxillary word" frequency(2) hindo6 Pseudo-part of speech "opening parentheses" frequency(200) o confirm Asks the user to confirm whether or not to create a dictionary or frequency file if a dictionary or frequency file does not exist after this entry. o confirm1 Asks the user once to confirm whether or not to create a dictionary or frequency file if a dictionary or frequency file does not exist after this entry and then continues using the confirmation thereafter. o create_without_confirm Creates dictionary or frequency file unconditionally if a dictionary or frequency file does not exist after this entry (initial set- ting). o no_create Does not create dictionary or frequency file if a dictionary or frequency file does not exist after this entry. o saisyu_siyou TRUE|FALSE Last-useage top-priority processing provides the last-used homophone as the first candidate and then lists the remaining candidates in the order of previous confirmation (up to six candidates). Specify TRUE to enable this processing and FALSE to disable it. o fukugou_yuusen TRUE|FALSE Composite-word priority conversion gives priority to candidates that do not contain auxilliary words. Specify TRUE to enable this pro- cessing and FALSE to disable it. o okuri_kijun REGULATION|YES|NO Okurigana processing is used to provide the first candidate according to the specified rules when converting words that can have dif- ferent Okurigana. Specify REGULATION to take precedence candidates according to the basic rule, specify YES to take precedence the long Okurigana, NO to take precedence the short Okurigana. o settou_kouho HIRAGANA|KANJI Specify HIRAGANA to provide Hiragana candidates first, KANJI to provide Kanji candidates first. o rendaku TRUE|FALSE Euphonic change processing does not provide candidates with euphonic changes to voiced sounds first. Specify TRUE to enable this pro- cessing and FALSE to disable it. o yuragi TRUE|FALSE Long vowel/alternate spelling processing enables the conversion of long vowels and alternate spellings. Specify TRUE to enable this processing and FALSE to disable it. o okuri_gakusyu TRUE|FALSE Okurigana processing learning enables learning the previously confirmed Okurigana processing rule and using it for the next conver- sion. Specify TRUE to enable this processing and FALSE to disable it. o settou_gakusyu TRUE|FALSE Prefix learning enables learning the previously confirmed prefix information (Hiragana or Kanji) and using it for the next conver- stion. Specify TRUE to enable this processing and FALSE to disable it. o setubi_gakusyu TRUE|FALSE Suffix learning enables learning the previously confirmed suffix information (provide or do not provide) and using it for the next converstion. Specify TRUE to enable this processing and FALSE to disable it. o hanyou_gakusyu TRUE|FALSE General learning enables learning of the previously confirmed general word candidate information (Hiragana, Katakana, or Kanji) and using it for the next conversion. Specify TRUE to enable this processing and FALSE to disable it. o hindo_kakuritu NOT|LOW|NORMAL|HIGH|ALWAYS Specifies the frequency learning extent. Specify HIGH to learn quickly, specify LOW to learn slowly, specify ALWAYS to always learn, and specify NOT to never learn. o fi_hindo_kakuritu NOT|LOW|NORMAL|HIGH|ALWAYS FI Specifies the FI -related frequency learning extent. Specify HIGH to learn quickly, specify LOW to learn slowly, specify ALWAYS to always learn, and specify NOT to never learn. o use_hinsi hinsi... Specifies the list of part of speech to be used in conversion. o unuse_hinsi hinsi... Specify the list of part of speech not to be used in conversion. o giji_number HAN|ZEN|HANCAN|ZENCAN|KAN|KANSUUJI|KANOLD Specify the first candidate to be given for converting pseudo-numbers. Kanji numbers with unit: KANSUUJI Old Kanji numbers with unit: KANOLD Half-width numbers with commas: HANCAN Full-width number with commas: ZENCAN Half-width numbers without commas: HAN Full- width number without commas: ZEN Kanji without unit: KAN o giji_eisuu HAN|ZEN Specifies HAN to provide half-width conversion candidates first for pseudo-alphabet characters. Specify ZEN to provide full-width can- didates first. o giji_kigou HAN|JIS|ASC Specify HAN to provide half-width conversion candidates first for pseudo-symbols, specify ZEN to provide full-width candidates first, and specify ASC to provide ASCII candidates first. o kutouten TRUE|FALSE Specify TRUE to input periods as full-width period and full-width comma FALSE to input periods as ".". o kakko TRUE|FALSE Specify TRUE to input full-width parentheses and FALSE to input bracket parentheses. o kigou TRUE|FALSE Specify TRUE to set the symbol and input FALSE to set it to "/". o autosavenumber Specifies the confirmation operation times to save automatically the learned information. If the confirmation operation is done speci- fied times, the learned information is automatically saved. The default is 50. The first @ USR used in arguments in setdic, setjishopath, or sethindopath will be expanded into the startup user name. EXAMPLES
Example 1: confirm1 setfuzokugo iwanami/kougo.fzk set_fi_system_dic iwanami/fisd usr/@USR/fisd.h 0 - set_fi_user_dic usr/@USR/fiud 0 - setdic iwanami/kihon.dic usr/@USR/kihon.h 6 1 0 - - 0 setdic iwanami/symbol.dic usr/@USR/symbol.h 1 1 0 - - 0 setdic iwanami/tankan.dic - 1 1 1 - - 0 setdic iwanami/tankan2.dic - 1 1 1 - - 0 setdic iwanami/tankan3.dic - 1 1 1 - - 0 setdic iwanami/tel.dic - 1 1 1 - - 0 setdic iwanami/zip.dic - 1 1 1 - - 0 setdic iwanami/ikeiji.dic - 1 1 0 - - 0 setdic usr/@USR/ud - 15 0 0 - - 0 muhenkan_gakusyuu usr/@USR/muhenkan 0 15 - 0 bunsetsugiri_gakusyuu usr/@USR/bunsetsu 0 15 - 0 okuri_kijun REGULATION settou_kouho KANJI setubi_gakusyu TRUE hanyou_gakusyu TRUE hindo_kakuritu NORMAL giji_number HAN unuse_hinsi single Kanji zip code telephone number ;; N nsho hindo len jiri flag jisho sbn dbn_len sbn_cnt suuji kana eisuu kigou toji_kakko fuzokogo kaikakko setparam 5 10 2 45 0 80 5 1 20 0 400 -100 400 80 200 2 200 SEE ALSO
uum(1), xjsi(1), jserver(1M), uumrc(4) SunOS 5.10 10 Jan 2003 wnnenvrc(4)