Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mysql select query optimization.. Post 302496063 by senkerth on Saturday 12th of February 2011 03:18:58 AM
Old 02-12-2011
mysql select query optimization..

hi..
i need to optimize my select query ..

my situation is like this ..
i have 15 lac recors in my table..
the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output..
Code:
SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT),
SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT DESC SEPARATOR '|_|'),'|_|',3), 
timediff(av.AUC_END_TIM,time(now())) as RemTime, 
av.AUC_END_TIM,av.AUC_RSV_PRC,av.AUC_DATE,av.AUC_STATUS 
from auc_hist_tbl as ah, aucveh_sched_tbl as av 
where ah.AUC_UNI_NO = '' 
AND av.AUC_UNI_NO = ''

auc_hist_tbl has 15 lac records ... i have indexed AUC_UNI_NO ..
but still its taking time ..
can u guide where's my query going wrong..
thanks ..

Last edited by Scott; 02-12-2011 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: Code tags, PLEASE...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help (Select query)

Dear All, This may sound a simple query but a non technical person like me is not able to do it, So please help me out. I m using Unix... isql I jst wanted to do something like following select * from xyz where ID= xxxxxxxx (8 digit ID) Here if i put single 8 digit ID then the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: topgear1000cc
5 Replies

2. Programming

Select several minimum values from row (MySQL)

Hello there. I've got the query like that SELECT count(tour_id) AS cnt FROM orders JOIN tours ON orders.tour_id=tours.id GROUP BY tour_id The result Is cnt 1 4 2 1 1 Now i have to select all records with minimum values in field "cnt" MySQL function min() returns only one.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trump
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select query implement in a shell

I have been asked to create a shell script that accepts a number of SQL select queries as input, runs them in sequence, spools the output to an EXCEL workbook, where, each worksheet is an output of a Select statement run above. The workbook should be in a .XLS format. If a particular select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellNovice1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select record with MAX value in MySQL

Hi there, I have trouble selecting record that contain one biggest value for a group of other values. I mean, this is my table: mysql> SELECT * FROM b; +----+------+-------+ | id | user | value | +----+------+-------+ | 1 | 1 | 100 | | 3 | 1 | 150 | | 5 | 1 | 300 | | 6... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql how to select a specific row from a table

i have a table records ------------ id | user | time | event 91 admin | 12:00 | hi 92 admin | 11:00 | hi 93 admin | 12:00 | bye 94 admin | 13:00 | bye 95 root | 12:00 | hi 96 root | 12:30 | hi 97 root | 12:56 | hi how could i only select and display only the user and event from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL optimization or why the server is worsened

Hello Please advise me how can I optimize my MySQL server. Or advise which way to look. Maybe someone had similar problems? Over the past two weeks the MySQL server dropped 2 times. I began searching for ways to optimize the server. Overall the picture like that: There is a separate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergibondarenko
2 Replies

8. Programming

MySQL select user with the same IP address

Dear community, I woul like to make a query to output all the users having the same IP address. The table is somethig like: name logged_ip ==== ========= user1 127.0.0.1 user2 127.0.0.2 user3 127.0.0.3 user4 127.0.0.1 user5 127.0.0.2 user6 127.0.0.5I used this query... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
4 Replies
FBSQL_QUERY(3)								 1							    FBSQL_QUERY(3)

fbsql_query - Send a FrontBase query

SYNOPSIS
resource fbsql_query (string $query, [resource $link_identifier], [int $batch_size]) DESCRIPTION
Sends a $query to the currently active database on the server. If the query succeeds, you can call fbsql_num_rows(3) to find out how many rows were returned for a SELECT statement or fbsql_affected_rows(3) to find out how many rows were affected by a DELETE, INSERT, REPLACE, or UPDATE statement. PARAMETERS
o $query - The SQL query to be executed. Note The query string shall always end with a semicolon. o $ link_identifier -A FrontBase link identifier returned by fbsql_connect(3) or fbsql_pconnect(3).If optional and not specified, the function will try to find an open link to the FrontBase server and if no such link is found it will try to create one as if fbsql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. o $batch_size - RETURN VALUES
fbsql_query(3) returns TRUE (non-zero) or FALSE to indicate whether or not the query succeeded. A return value of TRUE means that the query was legal and could be executed by the server. It does not indicate anything about the number of rows affected or returned. It is perfectly possible for a query to succeed but affect no rows or return no rows. For SELECT statements, fbsql_query(3) returns a new result identifier that you can pass to fbsql_result(3). fbsql_query(3) will also fail and return FALSE if you don't have permission to access the table(s) referenced by the query. EXAMPLES
The following query is syntactically invalid, so fbsql_query(3) fails and returns FALSE: Example #1 fbsql_query(3) example <?php $result = fbsql_query("SELECT * WHERE 1=1") or die ("Invalid query"); ?> The following query is semantically invalid if my_col is not a column in the table my_tbl, so fbsql_query(3) fails and returns FALSE: Example #2 fbsql_query(3) example <?php $result = fbsql_query ("SELECT my_col FROM my_tbl;") or die ("Invalid query"); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_affected_rows(3), fbsql_db_query(3), fbsql_free_result(3), fbsql_result(3), fbsql_select_db(3), fbsql_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_QUERY(3)