Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference Post 302495939 by AlphaLexman on Friday 11th of February 2011 03:41:07 PM
Old 02-11-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by worm
Now I just need to find out, how I can print the epoch time, when the file was created.

Any ideas, how I could find the epoch time of the file creation?
I don't believe *nix systems store 'creation' time. Only changed, modified, and accessed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate this time difference

Hi, Please help me in calculating the time difference between below mentioned timestamps. a=07/17/2007 02:20:00 AM MST b=07/17/2007 02:07:46 AM MST Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the time difference...

Hi All, I've written a script which reads all the systems backup information and saves it in a log file. ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -2 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/sapbackup/back$ORACLE_SID.log" |head -1 | awk '{print echo "PREVIOUS:-- Start Date&Time: " $3,$4,echo "|| End Date&Time:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the time difference.

Hi All, I've written a script which reads all the systems backup information and saves it in a log file. ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -1 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/sapbackup/back$ORACLE_SID.log" | awk '{print $3,$4,$5,$6}' >> ${RESULTFILE} The output comes as below: 2008-09-30 06.00.01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the time difference between a local file and a remote file.

I m stuck with a issue. I need to calculate the time difference between two files.. one on the local machine and one on the remote machine using a script. Can any one suggest the way this can be achevied Thanks, manohar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetmano143
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting output so I can calculate time difference between two stamps

I know there have been a million questions regarding calculating time stamps, and with enough googling, I think I'm almost there (I'm going to use the changing the times into seconds and subtracting solution). My problem is that I'm not sure how to format my log file to get the info I need. Below... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the Time stamp difference

hi, I have a log file which gives time stamps hh:mm:ss.sssss format in which hh- hours , mm -minutes ss.sssss - seconds.microseconds I need to calculate the time diff between sent time stamp and received time stamp .... could any one please help me.. i am tryin to write a script but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time stamp difference

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting.I have to write a shell script for the problem statement: "A file is updated continously. If it is not updated for a day then an error message needs to pop up." So the script needs to read the last modified time of that file and current system time .If... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.phatak
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference

I have time in a file in HH:MM:SS format as it contents(its not the file creation time). i need this to be converted to epoch time or time since 1970. The time is written into that file by a script, which i cannot modify. Im using AIX machine $ cat abc.txt 10:29:34 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference between two lines

i grepped the time stamp in a file as given below now i need to calculate time difference file data: 18:29:10 22:15:50 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
5 Replies
LSDNSSEC(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      LSDNSSEC(1p)

NAME
lsdnssec - List DNSSEC components of zones from files or directories SYNOPSIS
lsdnssec [-d 1-9] [OPTIONS] [FILES OR DIRECTORIES...] DESCRIPTION
The lsdnssec program summarizes information about DNSSEC-related files. These files may be specified on the command line or found in directories that were given on the command line. The -d flag controls the amount of detail in the lsdnssec output. lsdnssec displays the following information about each zone for which it collects information: keys Key information is shown about the keys currently in use. A bar graph is included that shows the age of the key with respect to the configured expected key lifetime. This information is collected from any .krf files lsdnssec finds. rolling status If any zone keys are being rolled via rollerd, then the status of the rolling state is shown. The time needed to reach the next state is also displayed. This information is collected from any .rollrec or .rrf files found by lsdnssec. OPTIONS
-z ZONENAME1[,ZONENAME2] --zone=ZONENAME1[,ZONENAME2] Only prints information about the named zone(s). -p NUMBER --phase=NUMBER Only prints information about zones currently being rolled by rollerd and where either a zsk or a ksk rollover is taking place and is in phase NUMBER. If the phase NUMBER is specified as 0, then any zone in any rolling phase will be printed (but not zones that aren't being rolled at all). This flag is especially useful to find all of your zones that are currently in KSK rolling phase 6, which requires operator intervention to propagate the new DS records into the parent zone. -r --roll-status Show only rolling information from the rollrec files. By default both roll-state and key information is shown. -k --key-data Show only keying information from the krf files. By default both roll-state and key information is shown. -K --key-gen-time Normally rollerd calculates the age of a key based on the last time a key was rolled. However, it's also possible to calculate the age of a key based on the difference between the time of execution and when the key was created (which was typically before the rolling began). The -K flag switches to this second mode of key age calculation (which will not match how rollerd actually performs). -M --monitor The -M flag gives an abbreviated version of lsdnssec output that is intended for use by monitoring systems. It displays the zone name, the rollover phase, and the time remaining in that phase. This option implicitly sets the -r flag on and sets the detail level to 1. -d 1-9 --detail 1-9 Controls the amount of information shown in the output. A level of 9 shows everything; a level of 1 shows a minimal amount. The default level is 5. --debug Turns on extra debugging information. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009-2012 SPARTA, Inc. All rights reserved. See the COPYING file included with the DNSSEC-Tools package for details. AUTHOR
Wes Hardaker <hardaker AT AT AT users.sourceforge.net> SEE ALSO
lskrf(1) zonesigner(8), rollerd(8) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 LSDNSSEC(1p)