Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to invoke user env. on remote server Post 302495907 by sam101 on Friday 11th of February 2011 02:44:26 PM
Old 02-11-2011
SSH works fine on command line but when i use same ssh -t ... command in a script , it complains about the "variable not defined" on the remote machine. It is not bringing up the remote environment for the user when invoked ssh within script.So what should I use in the script , so that user environment is invoked before ssh is executed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Do I need to remote after installation of s/w and set the env variable

Hi, I have installed ODWEK software on AIX box and set the environment variables like: PATH,LIBPATH,LD_LIBRARY_PATH,CLASSPATH. My question here is do I need to reboot the system to take these changes or is there anyother workaround. I heard that there is 'export'. But I don't know how far it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srangu
1 Replies

2. Solaris

To invoke a script on a remote machine

Hi, I am trying the following- 1. ftp a file from machine1 to machine2. 2. Once the ftp is done, from machine1 invoke a shell script on machine2. Could anyone please help me on this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_roy
5 Replies

3. AIX

How can invoke applications on Windows machine from AIX server

Hi folks, Before I start explaning my problem let me tell you I am new to Unix environment. I am working on a application. It was developed in java (on Windows machine). But application for production will be deployed on AIX machine. One of my requirement is I need to invoke QTP scripts and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinrt
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to invoke remote java program from ssh

How can i invoke java program from MC1, when I connect remotely to execute can I set classpath etc. ____________ <-------------->____________________ |..................|<-------------->|...............................| |..................|<-------------->|...............................|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnu559
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SSH] Need to connect to remote server as different user and without password

I have a task requiring that USER_A run a script, which connects to HOST_B as USER_B and does not ask for a password. If I am logged in on HOST_A as USER_B, I can connect to HOST_B without a password, no problem. However, if I try running ssh with the command line "ssh USER_B@HOST_B" while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Totengraber
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

invoke remote graphical application..and display locally

Hi, I want to invoke(run) a graphical application remotely, and the display should be in remote itself. (no X redirect).i want to do this through ssh. like if i login to a remote machine and run firefox it should display there itself. how can i do this..? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusudankh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give user name and password in a single command to login to remote server

Hello All, I'm new to unix and i need the below favour from you. I have list of 50 unix server. I need to login to all the server one by one and with the same user and password. I will declare the user name and password globally in the script. for example : servername- hyperV user name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari A
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke scripts in different UNIX env

Hi, Problem Statement: We have 400 shell scripts to be tested and they run over 4-5 different unix environments. All these are run in SUDO mode. My requirement is to Define aliases for each script which accepts the Date & Order ID as a parameter so that I can submit all these scripts from 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chiranjeeva
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
CATDIC(1)						      General Commands Manual							 CATDIC(1)

NAME
catdic - Download a dictionary SYNOPSIS
catdic [{-cs|-cannaserver} canna-server] [-i|-u user-name] remote-dic [-l local-file] DESCRIPTION
catdic downloads a dictionary file to the current directory. The file downloaded is a dictionary file the dictionary name of which is remote-dic. It is in the user dictionary directory of the machine on which cannaserver(1M) is in operation. (Hereafter, this machine is called the remote host.) OPTIONS
-cs canna-server (or -cannaserver canna-server) Specifies the name of the server machine that contains a dictionary to be downloaded. -i Downloads the system dictionary. -u user-name Specifies the user name. Another user's dictionary can be referenced by this user name. -l local-file local-file is the dictionary file name. If it is omitted, the standard output will be assumed. EXAMPLES
% catdic test Outputs the contents of dictionary file ``test'' on the remote host, to the standard output. % catdic test -l test2.t Downloads dictionary file ``test'' on the remote host to current directory file ``test2.t''. SEE ALSO
cannaserver(1M), lsdic(1), mkdic(1) CATDIC(1)