Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming dbx - attach to process, break when crash Post 302495854 by ctote on Friday 11th of February 2011 11:13:34 AM
Old 02-11-2011
dbx - attach to process, break when crash

Hey everyone,

I have a process that is crashing, and I'd like to have some way to see where it crashes. Is this possible?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Process crash when allocating memory

Hi I'm currently using C++ on a HP-UX 11i system (upgrading some libraries) and am encountering a problem with the process crashing when allocating memory via a call to new (a rather large array of objects are being created). Is there a way to find out what the sizes of the stack and heap are?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: themezzaman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

attach process from another ssh session

Hi, I was logged in on a server, by ssh, with a vim open, when the battery of my laptop got empty. When I return to the server by ssh, I can see my previous ssh session still open, and the vim process running (ttyp0). Is there a way to attach that vim to my new session (ttyp4)? Here's part... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raphinou
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to attach an xterm to a process/thread ?

Hi folks, I would like to know how to hook up an xterm to another process. Here is a high level view of what I am looking for 1. Main program starts 2. It creates an new xterm window 3. It then forks a second process & passes the xterm handle to it 4. The second process uses the second... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RipClaw
4 Replies

4. Solaris

process doesn't crash when i use the truss ??

Hi All, We a critical application running on the Sun Solaris platform. But, for some reasons the process get's killed abnormally in the production environment and not sure what was causing this. I thought i would use the truss command to trace the errors.. so i used the bellow command truss... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
5 Replies

5. Programming

dbx - break on access violations

Hey everyone, Is there a way to make dbx break on access violations? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
2 Replies

6. Programming

AIX dbx - attaching to a process that is crashing

Hey everyone, I'm trying to attach to a process that is crashing so I can debug the source code. I've tried this: dbx -a PID stop at "file.cpp":line# However, nothing ever breaks. The service crashes and restarts, but I never see it hitting the code. I've tried to use a core file, but... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Programming

Cannot get dbx to work correctly with a running process

Hi everyone, I've been struggling with this for a few weeks now. I'm trying to debug a running process with dbx on an AIX box. The command I'm using is 'dbx -a <pid> core' There is a function I can perform in my application that crashes this process, but it does not show up as crashed in... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I set DBX to break on an Access Violation?

I'm trying to debug a service crash, and would like to break on an access violation - is this possible? (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. AIX

How to set the break point using dbx?

Hi, I am trying to debug my project using dbx to understand the code and functionality of modules. I compiled all my C files using gcc -g flag to enable the debug option. I was able to get in to the debug mode using dbx. I was able to create breakpoints using stop at line no. "stop at... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Attach process with port 2222

Hi Team, is there any way, I can start any process for e.g. run a shell script (infinite loop) and attach it to port 2222? I am trying to create a scenario where an application will start running at port 2222 and I will telnet the same to confirm, application port is listening. So,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivekpandit7
1 Replies
ABRT-AUTO-REPORTIN(1)						    ABRT Manual 					     ABRT-AUTO-REPORTIN(1)

NAME
abrt-auto-reporting - Get or modify a value of the auto reporting option SYNOPSIS
abrt-auto-reporting [-v] [ enabled | yes | 1 | disabled | no | 0 ] DESCRIPTION
Reads the configuration from abrt.conf and saves the changes to the same file. The changes will take effect immediately without necessity to restart any ABRT process and will be persistent. disabled User have to report the detect problems manually enabled ABRT uploads an uReport which was generated for a detected problem immediately after the detection phase. uReport description ABRT supports uReports for four types of crashes: crashes of C/C++ programs that result in a core dump, uncaught Python exceptions, uncaught Java exceptions and kernel oopses. Each uReport generally contains a stack trace, or multiple stack traces in the case of multi-threaded C/C++ and Java programs. The stack trace only describes the call stack of the program at the time of the crash and does not contain contents of any variables. Every uReport also contains identification of the operating system, versions of the RPM packages involved in the crash, and whether the program ran under a root user. There are also items specific to each crash type: C/C++ crashes these are path to the executable and signal delivered to the program, Python exceptions there is the type of the exception (without the error message, which may contain sensitive data), for kernel oopses these are list of loaded kernel modules, list of taint flags, and full text of the kernel oops. Warning: The full text of a kernel oops might contain information like the identification of the host hardware type. You should disable the autoreporting feature if you do not want to share this information with Red Hat. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Be more verbose. Can be given multiple times. SEE ALSO
abrt.conf(5) AUTHORS
o ABRT team abrt 2.1.11 06/18/2014 ABRT-AUTO-REPORTIN(1)