Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference Post 302495837 by joeyg on Friday 11th of February 2011 10:26:50 AM
Old 02-11-2011
I seem to remember using the stat command, under bash, while on a Solaris machine at an earlier job. Hmmm....
Going to have to think a bit.

Perhaps others can offer a suggestion?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate this time difference

Hi, Please help me in calculating the time difference between below mentioned timestamps. a=07/17/2007 02:20:00 AM MST b=07/17/2007 02:07:46 AM MST Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the time difference...

Hi All, I've written a script which reads all the systems backup information and saves it in a log file. ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -2 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/sapbackup/back$ORACLE_SID.log" |head -1 | awk '{print echo "PREVIOUS:-- Start Date&Time: " $3,$4,echo "|| End Date&Time:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the time difference.

Hi All, I've written a script which reads all the systems backup information and saves it in a log file. ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -1 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/sapbackup/back$ORACLE_SID.log" | awk '{print $3,$4,$5,$6}' >> ${RESULTFILE} The output comes as below: 2008-09-30 06.00.01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the time difference between a local file and a remote file.

I m stuck with a issue. I need to calculate the time difference between two files.. one on the local machine and one on the remote machine using a script. Can any one suggest the way this can be achevied Thanks, manohar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetmano143
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting output so I can calculate time difference between two stamps

I know there have been a million questions regarding calculating time stamps, and with enough googling, I think I'm almost there (I'm going to use the changing the times into seconds and subtracting solution). My problem is that I'm not sure how to format my log file to get the info I need. Below... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the Time stamp difference

hi, I have a log file which gives time stamps hh:mm:ss.sssss format in which hh- hours , mm -minutes ss.sssss - seconds.microseconds I need to calculate the time diff between sent time stamp and received time stamp .... could any one please help me.. i am tryin to write a script but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time stamp difference

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting.I have to write a shell script for the problem statement: "A file is updated continously. If it is not updated for a day then an error message needs to pop up." So the script needs to read the last modified time of that file and current system time .If... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.phatak
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference

I have time in a file in HH:MM:SS format as it contents(its not the file creation time). i need this to be converted to epoch time or time since 1970. The time is written into that file by a script, which i cannot modify. Im using AIX machine $ cat abc.txt 10:29:34 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference between two lines

i grepped the time stamp in a file as given below now i need to calculate time difference file data: 18:29:10 22:15:50 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
5 Replies
whodo(1M)																 whodo(1M)

NAME
whodo - which users are doing what SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command produces merged, reformatted, and dated output from the and commands (see who(1) , ps(1) and acctcom(1M)). If user is specified, output is restricted to all sessions pertaining to that user. The following options are available: Suppress the heading. Produce a long form of output. The fields displayed are: the user's login name, the name of the tty the user is on, the time of day the user logged in (in hours:minutes), the idle time - that is, the time since the user last typed anything (in hours:minutes), the CPU time used by all processes and their children on that terminal (in minutes:seconds), the CPU time used by the currently active processes (in minutes:sec- onds), and the name and arguments of the current process. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the order in which the output is sorted. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of ``C'' (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to ``C'' (see environ(5)). FILES
SEE ALSO ps(1), who(1), acctcom(1M). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
whodo(1M)