Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Find Brocade SAN switch’s IP in Sun server? Post 302495805 by aixlover on Friday 11th of February 2011 09:06:45 AM
Old 02-11-2011
Thanks for the reply.

The arp table is too big to search. It doesn't work. In addition, arp is for Ethernet. The Brocade switch is for the Fibre Channel network.

Solaris must listen to the HBA port. Is there a way to monitor the HBA card and port only?

Thanks.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to configure my SAN with Sun V880 servers to run Oracle 9i

Hi: I am in the process of configuring the SAN for Solaris to host 6 oracle 9i databases. We have 30 -146 GB disks stiped with RAID 10 for SAN. Of which 11 are dedicated for databsaes related things. Then we have 2 v880 Sun Servers with 16 -73 GB disks and 24 GB memory. The questions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle_dba
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to switch between terminal screens in Sun Solaris 10

:) Hi everybody.. This is my firt post in this great forum.: I have installed Sun Solaris 10 on an Intel machine.. Now i login in CDE desktop as root. I want to switch between terminal screens pressing CTRL+ALT F1 (through F6) but nothing happens ?? any suggestions thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

-o switch in find

Hello all I'm experimenting with the use of the -prune action and I've encountered some confusing behaviour when using the -o option. Can't find anything specific in the man page. If I have a directory within my current directory called testlink and I run:- find . -name testlink -prune ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grasper
0 Replies

4. Solaris

configure solaris 10 mail to relay email alerts from SAN switch

I want to be able to use an account on a solaris 10 server, eg root@myhost to act as a relay to forward mail to my domain account me@mycompany.com The reason for this is to configure root@myhost as a mail relay on Brocade SAN switches - so that when a port goes bad i get an email alert.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibidee
0 Replies

5. AIX

Migrating to new SAN switch

Good morning, I have 3 pSeries servers each with one internal boot VIOS and one boot-from-san VIOS... with numerous LPAR's running on top of them. My question is: We are currently connecting to our IBM DS subsystem via a Cisco MDS 2GBPS SAN switch, we have recently purchased a Cisco MDS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdiYUZER
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot get my Sun Solaris servers to log into Brocade Switch

Cannot get my Sun Solaris servers to log into a Brocade 5100. All fiber has been connected correctly and all drivers and firmware are loaded and up to date according to EMCGrab report. Below is an output from server. Please Help: HBA Port WWN: 2100001b321063c4 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbkilbride
2 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SAN questions about Sun StorageTek array

Hi, I have a question about Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager (CAM): What is the concept of 'host'? Is it the hostname of the server that has access to the managed array? If so, can I use its IP instead of its hostname? I've found a 'host' under CAM called XYZ (See below). In our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
7 Replies

8. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies
HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(3HBAAPI)	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions	     HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes, HBA_GetDiscoveredPortAttributes, HBA_GetPortAttributesByWWN - retrieve Fibre Channel port attributes for a specific device SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_STATUS HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_UINT32 portindex, HBA_PORTATTRIBUTES *portattributes); HBA_STATUS HBA_GetDiscoveredPortAttributes(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_UINT32 portindex, HBA_UINT32 discoveredportindex, HBA_PORTATTRIBUTES *portattributes); HBA_STATUS HBA_GetPortAttributesByWWN(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN PortWWN, HBA_PORTATTRIBUTES *portattributes); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) portindex the index of a specific port on the HBA as returned by a call to HBA_GetAdapterAttributes(3HBAAPI). The maximum value specified should be (HBA_ADAPTERATTRIBUTES.NumberOfPorts - 1). portattributes a pointer to an HBA_PORTATTRIBUTES structure. Upon successful completion, this structure contains the specified port attributes. discoveredportinthe index of a specific discovered port on the HBA as returned by HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(3HBAAPI). The maximum value specified should be (HBA_PORTATTRIBUTES.NumberOfDiscoveredPorts - 1). PortWWN the port WWN of the device for which port attributes are retrieved. DESCRIPTION
The HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes() function retrieves Port Attributes for a specific port on the HBA. The HBA_GetDiscoveredPortAttributes() function retrieves Port Attributes for a specific discovered device connected to the HBA. The HBA_GetPortAttributesByWWN() function retrieves Port Attributes for a specific device based on the PortWWN argument. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, HBA_STATUS_OK is returned. Otherwise, an error value is returned from the underlying VSL and the values in hbaattributes are undefined. ERRORS
See libhbaapi(3LIB) for general error status values. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Retrieve the port attributes for each port on the HBA. The following example retrieves the port attributes for each port on the HBA. for (hbaPort = 0; hbaPort < hbaAttrs.NumberOfPorts; hbaPort++) { if ((status = HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(handle, hbaPort, &hbaPortAttrs)) != HBA_STATUS_OK) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to get adapter port %d " "attributes for HBA %d with name "%s". ", hbaPort, hbaCount, adaptername); HBA_CloseAdapter(handle); continue; } memcpy(&wwn, hbaPortAttrs.PortWWN.wwn, sizeof (wwn)); printf(" Port %d: WWN=%016llx ", hbaPort, wwn); /* ... */ } Example 2: Retrieve the discovered port target attributes for each discovered target port on the HBA. The following example retrieves the discovered port target attributes for each discovered target port on the HBA. for (discPort = 0; discPort < hbaPortAttrs.NumberofDiscoveredPorts; discPort++) { if ((status = HBA_GetDiscoveredPortAttributes( handle, hbaPort, discPort, &discPortAttrs)) != HBA_STATUS_OK) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to get " "discovered port %d attributes for " "HBA %d with name "%s". ", discPort, hbaCount, adaptername); continue; } memcpy(&wwn, discPortAttrs.PortWWN.wwn, sizeof (wwn)); printf(" Discovered Port %d: WWN=%016llx ", discPort, wwn); /* ... */ } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(3HBAAPI), HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(3HBAAPI)