Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading files under a folder and formatting content of each file Post 302495755 by rocking77 on Friday 11th of February 2011 05:30:07 AM
Old 02-11-2011
I don't know how to read files in folder .thats why i put a mail.

i was just tying on file content.using awk.

awk '{print $1}' 1.txt

Its giving out put with blankspaces as well.Please suggest how to start at least.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a file name as soon as that files arrives into a folder

Hi, Thanks in Advance.. i have the following requirement, some one please help me.. An unix shell script has to pick up the file name from a folder as soon as that file comes into that folder. Regards, Alo (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and sending mail based on content of the file

Hi Gurus, I am having an requirement. i have to read a list file which contains file names and send mail to different users based on the files in the list file. eg. if file a.txt exists then send a mail to a@a.com simillary for b.txt,c.txt etc. Thanks for your help, Nimu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimu1979
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in reading a file content

Hi, I am reading a file line by line using read line function of while loop. Each line contains 4 fields. I want to take these 4 values in 4 variables in each iteration so that i can use them in my script. The issue here is that my awk command is returning awkward results - Here is a sample line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garman
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading several files and summing their content line-by-line

Hey, I am gettin a bit crazy with my script. I have several input datas with the same name (5.ill) in different folders (daysim_01, daysim_02, etc.). The 4. column of each of the data has to be summed with each other and then hass to be written in one new file. So file1: 1 1 0 1 2 1 1 2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergy1983
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to build Shell Script to search content of a text file into a folder consist several files

Have to read one file say sourcefile containing several words and having another folder containing several files. Now read the first word of Sourcefile & search it into the folder consisting sevral files, and create another file with result. We hhave to pick the filename of the file in which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh.baranwal
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Report and Reading data and fetching the details from contents file

Data I was trying to write shell script which will be return the output in the below format First i was trying to do these using sed. sed -n '/.ksh/p' mainksh.ksh sed -e 's/*\(.*\)/\1/g' mainksh.ksh $RUN_DIR, $SUB_DIR and the variables which will be defined in the profile file. when i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshds
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for content in files. Name of files is in another file. Format as report.

Hi I have multiple files in a folder and one file which contains a list of files (one on each line). I was to search for a string only within these files and not the whole folder. I need the output to be in the form File1<tab>string instance 2<tab> string instance 2<tab>string instance 3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkabali
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble reading content of file from a variable

Hi , i have a parameter which has path of a file. Now i need to have another parameter with the content of that file. I tried the belwo script , can any one please help. I dont want to use cat command to read. Can we do it with out using cat command. while read line do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to get script to create a new file that lists folder content sorted by size?

I have a script that sorts and processes unsorted files to newly created directories. Its working great, but I am trying to understand the leanest method to get the script to create an additional file within each newly created directory that: Contains a list of all files in the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braveheart
4 Replies

10. Programming

Reading flat file content

is there any unix tools that can read the text files like through SQL queries? (ie in Hadoop, Impala DB support flat file query) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omykarshan
1 Replies
fadecut(1)						      General Commands Manual							fadecut(1)

NAME
fadecut - Toolset to rip audiostreams, cut, fade in/out and tag the resulting audiofiles SYNOPSIS
fadecut -p <profile> [ OPTIONS ] DESCRIPTION
fadecut is a script to rip audio files from a livestream (using streamripper) and to process them automatically. Beginning and ending fo the audio files will be cut and faded in/out. So logos and advertising of radio stations will be automatically removed. In streaming mode fadecut is ripping audio files using streamripper. The downloaded audio files are cutted using silence detection and then faded in and out. Subsequently, the files are encoded to either ogg or mp3 and tagged with tags (title, artist, genre and comment pro- vided). In file mode fadecut is just processing already ripped audio files. An audio file which has already been processed is detected and will not be processed again. Not desired songs can be stored in a separate directory. This files are not processed anymore too. FOLDERS
fadecut is working with some standard folders. You may change them in your profile or fadecutrc done/ here you put all your songs which were already processed by fadecut and which you want to keep. See also new/ folder. dontlike/ in this folder you may put songs which you don't like. Fadecut is checking this folder before it is processing new files in the working folder. Null size files are ok. error/ whenever an error occurs while fadecut is processing a file, that file is moved to the error folder for later examining. incomplete/ this folder is created by streamripper. All not fully ripped songs are saved here. new/ processed songs are going here. Usually you may rip and process files with fadecut, they are going in to new/ folder, you listen to them and put good songs to the done/ folder. orig/ if you want to keep the original file (which is ripped by streamripper), you may use the -k option. fadecut is putting the ripped files untouched into that folder. OPTIONS
-c Create a new profile <profilename> -e Edit an existing profile <profilename> -i optional input <directory> -o optional output <directory> -k optional to keep the untouched original song in the /orig folder -d Debug: -d 0|1|2|3 (level 0 is standard, -d without number is like 1) -h Show this message -p Profile <profilename> -q Quiet -r Stream (and rip), start streamripper -v Verbose VARIABLES
STREAM_URL="http://streamurl" test ENCODING=ogg preferred destination fileformat. (ogg/mp3) GENRE="SwissPop" Processed files will get the above genre. COMMENT="Radio Swiss Pop" Processed files will get the above comment. TRIM_BEGIN=0 cut <n> seconds off the file in the beginning. TRIM_END=0 cut <n> seconds off the file at the end. FADE_IN=1 Fade in for <n> seconds. FADE_OUT=4 Fade out for <n> seconds. EXAMPLES
Create a new ripping profile fadecut -c test Edit/update profile test fadecut -e test Rip, cut and fade in-/out with profile test fadecut -p test -r Only cut and fade in-/out without ripping from livestream fadecut -p test SEE ALSO
id3v2(1), oggenc(1), sox(1), streamripper(1), lame(1) FILES
~/.fadecut/fadecutrc The main fadecut configuration file, executed with every start of fadecut ~/.fadecut/statslog.csv The statistics file ~/.fadecut/profiles The folder where all profiles are located RESOURCES
fadecut git website https://github.com/micressor/fadecut 0.1.0 fadecut(1)