Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Slow performance filtering file Post 302495696 by rdcwayx on Friday 11th of February 2011 01:35:03 AM
Old 02-11-2011
Code:
awk '$2~/E$/ {sub(/"/,"",$2); $2=", "$2", ";print}' ${ACTLOGFILE} >${TMPFILE}

This User Gave Thanks to rdcwayx For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Help! Slow Performance

Is the performance now very, very slow (pages take a very long time to load)? Or is it just me? Neo (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep is very slow : How to improve performance

We have an egrep search in a while loop. egrep -w "$key" ${PICKUP_DIR}/new_update >> ${PICKUP_DIR}/update_record_new ${PICKUP_DIR}/new_update is 210 MB file In each iteration, the egrep on an average takes around 50-60 seconds to search. Ther'es nothing significant in the loop other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
7 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Slow Copy(CP) performance

Hi all We have got issues with copying a 2.6 GB file from one folder to another folder. Well, this is not the first issue we are having on the box currently, i will try to explain everything we have done from the past 2 days. We got a message 2 days back saying that our Production is 98%... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_sri
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slow copy/performance... between volumes

hi guys We are seeing weird issues on my Linux Suse 10, it has lotus 8.5 and 1 filesystem for OS and another for Lotus Database. the issue is when the Lotus service starts wait on top is very high about 25% percent and in general CPU usage is very high we found that when this happens if we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

99% performance wa, slow server.

There is a big problem with the server (VPS based on OpenVZ, CentOS 5, 3GB RAM). The problem is the following. The first 15-20 minutes after starting the server is operating normally, the load average is less than or about 1.0, but then begins to increase sharply% wa, then hovers around 95-99%.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: draiphod
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

GFS file system performance is very slow

My code Hi All, I am having redhat linux 5.3 (Tikanga) with GFS file system and its very very slow for executing ls -ls command also.Please see the below for 2minits 12 second takes. Please help me to fix the issue. $ sudo time ls -la BadFiles |wc -l 0.01user 0.26system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11.1 Slow Network Performance

I have identical M5000 machines that are needing to transfer very large amounts of data between them. These are fully loaded machines, and I've already checked IO, memory usage, etc... I get poor network performance even when the machines are idle or copying via loopback. The 10 GB NICs are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
7 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Slow copy (cp) performance when overwriting files

I have a lot of binary files I need to copy to a folder. The folder is already filled with files of the same name. Copying on top of the old files takes MUCH longer than if I were to delete the old files then copy the new files to the now-empty folder. This result is specific to one system -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ces55
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)