Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.3 Boot Hangs On Power4 Hardware Post 302495695 by a_sim on Friday 11th of February 2011 01:33:57 AM
Old 02-11-2011
Ping and telnet doesn't work.. when I ping the server, it says the host is not reachable..

I did boot into SMS and there's a menu option to view error logs.. nothing there too..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX Hangs

Hai I am new to AIX, currently in our shop we use AIX 4.3.3 , where we have hosted the websphere 3.5 applicaiton on it. The AIX server is getting hanged very frequently, when analyse we found the swap memory is increasing once it reaches the memory 100 the system is totaly in hung state, so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipin77
5 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5.1 POWER4 support help

Can anyone let me know the output of command 'uname -aL' on AIX 5.1 POWER4 support? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnab84
6 Replies

3. AIX

RS6K B50 Hangs at E140 on Boot

I've got an RS6K B50, and i've installed AIX 5.3, TL5. It installs fine, the only customisations i make to the BOS are to change the locale / keyboard layout to UK, and to choose not to install graphical software. I have no video card in this box, and i connect via a serial console (null modem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigp84
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Boot hangs up on solaris

Hi all, I have a SUN server Sun-Fire-V890 running solaris 9, with a remote system console . Both the IP adresses of the server and the console are in a private network (address 10.67.xxx). For some reasons I need to give the access to the server from outside address 194.xxx, but I prefer that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX hangs on boot

Hi guys, Got a tiny bit of a problem on one of our servers here at work. I installed AIX 5.3 on the server and that went fine. Then I upgraded to ML 5300-05-01, but now the system just hangs on boot. The system starts up and the monitor comes on in few minutes, but a few seconds later when... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drchris
6 Replies

6. AIX

AIX hangs through the boot process

To All: I have this AIX machine (see boot process below). The problem was it hangs at: The ctrmc Subsystem has been started. Subsystem PID is 11906.. I checked with other forums but their advise were just "strong punches in the air" with no specific explanation. I really appreciate if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_xia
6 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Boot hangs while adding swap

Boot process hangs after reaching the following line: Adding 5853176k swap on /dev/mapper/mch-swap_1. Priority:-1 extents:1 across:5853176kUsing knoppix 6.2 as LiveCD, and mounting the partitions, I got the following: # /etc/fstab: static file system information. # # Use 'blkid -o value -s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzaker
0 Replies

8. Solaris

All Hardware information in Ok Boot Prompt

Can anyone tell me the command to check all the hardware information in Ok boot Prompt. Like the hard disk space memory size ..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbi8321
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Server Hangs at boot

Hi Guys, I have a SunBlade 1500 which I use to practice at home. Suddenly when I power on the server it just displays the solaris banner and Boot device: disk File and args: Then it stops and says " rebooting with command: boot" It doesn't boot to the kernel. Is there anyway I can possibly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 - hangs during boot

Power server up runs through diagnostics. Goes to the boot section and then the bit where the cursor is spinning and thats it. Hangs completely. Any ideas? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
10 Replies
RMCPING(8)						      System Manager Commands							RMCPING(8)

NAME
rmcpping - send RMCP Ping to network hosts SYNOPSIS
rmcpping [OPTION...] destination DESCRIPTION
rmcpping uses the RMCP Ping request datagram to elicit an RMCP Pong response from a remote host. The utility can be used to verify if a remote host supports RMCP or IPMI. The initial starting sequence number will be randomized. rmcpping will return 0 to the environment if it receives atleast 1 response from the remote host. Otherwise, it exits with a value of 1. OPTIONS
The following options are available -h Output help menu. -V Output version. -c count Stop after sending count packets. -i interval Wait interval seconds between sending each packet. The default is to wait for one second between each packet. -I interface address Set source address to specified interface address. Argument may be numeric IP address or name of device. -t timeout Time to wait for a response, in seconds. Default is five seconds. -v Verbose output. -s num Specify an initial starting sequence number. The default is to use a random initial sequence number. -d Turn on debugging. KNOWN ISSUES
It has been observed that some remote BMCs can get "confused" and delay packet responses if duplicate packets (with duplicate sequence num- bers) are sent in succession very quickly. There is no known way to cleanly deal with a "confused" BMC other than the wait awhile. Unlike ping(8), local network devicess (e.g. 127.0.0.1) cannot be "pinged". REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <freeipmi-users@gnu.org> or <freeipmi-devel@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2012 Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. Copyright (C) 2003-2007 The Regents of the University of California. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. ORIGIN
Command and manpage based off ping(8). SEE ALSO
freeipmi(7), ping(8), ipmiping(8) http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/ rmcpping 1.1.5 2012-06-15 RMCPING(8)