Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk selective printing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk selective printing Post 302495605 by saint2006 on Thursday 10th of February 2011 05:28:07 PM
Old 02-10-2011
Hi 47Shailesh and Yinyuemi,

Thanks for your help. But still i am not able to get the desired output. It doesn't matter even if the output is not numbered.
Code:
20-30
40-50
60-70

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

selective printing awk

Hi there my file looks like this 1 a b c d e f 2 a b b c d e f f g h e t t 3 a c b d e f 4 a b c i want to print the line which has the fields containing ONLY a b c, in this case the line 4. How can i awk it !!!? Many Thanks in advance! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

selective printing of lines

Hi all , i need to grep for a string in a text file and print the string and the 3rd line above it. As always , Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: okiedokie
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective remove awk-bash

Hi I have a folder that contain up to 1000 subfolder. Genereally i need just 2 or 3 of them and i can know apriori the name of the subfolder i want to keep. I'd like to erase all the unnecessary subfolders. I've tried with: ls -l | awk '$8 !~ /name_fold/{print "rm -r " $8}'| sh and it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed selective printing

Hi, I have an xml file having serveral smiliar lines as below <INPUT VAR1 ="" DATATYPE ="number(p,s)" VAR2 ="" VAR3 ="3" VAR4="0" VAR5 ="ELEMITEM" VAR6 ="NO" VAR7 ="NOT A KEY" VAR8 ="17" LEVEL ="0" NAME ="UNIX" NULLABLE ="NOTNULL" OCCURS ="0" OFFSET ="19" PHYSICALLENGTH ="15"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: selective printing of lines

Hi, I have a file with lines like this. 2 7 18 ggcgt anna 2 7 18 hhchc sam 3 7 18 hhdjcc ross 4 7 18 hhcjd jenny 0 8 21 jjdhs sam 3 8 21 kkok bush 2 9 24 kosss BrenhamIf the values of the second column are equal, print only those lines with the least first column value. So in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

selective printing

hi all from below text "abcd,SYS_12345,xyz,PQR, ," I want to print only "abcd,SYS,xyz,PQR, ," i.e. taking only first three 3 chars from 2 string of comma separated file thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeColeEPL9
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective printing

I have the following contents in a file ---- CRITICAL: altered for /usr/bin/bin1 ---- OK: /usr/sbin/bin2 result fine ---- OK: /usr/sbin/bin3 result fine ---- CRITICAL: altered for /usr/bin/bin4 ---- OK: /usr/bin/bin5 result fine ---- OK: /usr/bin/bin6 result fine ---- CRITICAL: altered for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective printing based on matched record

Hi, I have file with thousands of lines somewhat similar to the below 6 lines 06MXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 0328 003529 J27300022 MICROSOFT *MSN 06<1 000000001344392 JPN151-85830 MSBILL.INFO F 06<A17087454000328651551 MSBILL.INFO ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Selective printing of fields

Hi Gurus, I have following input file. I tried multiple awk combinations to print selected columns without success. HEX ID Name ver FLRGT Start Time Total Shared End Date ----- -------- --- ------ ------------------------ -------------- -------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Continued trouble matching fields in different files and selective field printing ([g]awk)

I apologize in advance, but I continue to have trouble searching for matches between two files and then printing portions of each to output in awk and would very much appreciate some help. I have data as follows: File1 PS012,002 PRQ 0 1 1 17 1 0 -1 3 2 1 2 -1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
7 Replies
pnmcut(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    pnmcut(1)

NAME
pnmcut - cut a rectangle out of a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmcut [-left leftcol] [-right rightcol] [-top toprow] [-bottom bottomrow] [-width width] [-height height] [-pad] [-verbose] [ left top width height ] [pnmfile] All options may be abbreviated to the shortest unique prefix. DESCRIPTION
Reads a PBM, PGM, or PPM image as input. Extracts the specified rectangle, and produces the same kind of image as output. There are two ways to specify the rectangle to cut: arguments and options. Options are easier to remember and read, more expressive, and allow you to use defaults. Arguments were the only way available before July 2000. If you use both options and arguments, the two specifications get mixed in an unspecified way. To use options, just code any mixture of the -left, -right, -top, -bottom, -width, and -height options. What you don't specify defaults. It is an error to overspecify, i.e. to specify all three of -left, -right, and -width or -top, -bottom, and -height. To use arguments, specify all four of the left, top, width, and height arguments. left and top have the same effect as specifying them as the argument of a -left or -top option, respectively. width and height have the same effect as specifying them as the argument of a -width or -height option, respectively, where they are positive. Where they are not positive, they have the same effect as specifying one less than the value as the argument to a -right or -bottom option, respectively. (E.g. width = 0 makes the cut go all the way to the right edge). Before July 2000, negative numbers were not allowed for width and height. Input is from Standard Input if you don't specify the input file pnmfile. Output is to Standard Output. OPTIONS
-left The column number of the leftmost column to be in the output. If a nonnegative number, it refers to columns numbered from 0 at the left, increasing to the right. If negative, it refers to columns numbered -1 at the right, decreasing to the left. -right The column number of the rightmost column to be in the output, numbered the same as for -left. -top The row number of the topmost row to be in the output. If a nonnegative number it refers to rows numbered from 0 at the top, increasing downward. If negative, it refers to columns numbered -1 at the bottom, decreasing upward. -bottom The row number of the bottom-most row to be in the output, numbered the same as for -top. -width The number of columns to be in the output. Must be positive. -height The number of rows to be in the output. Must be positive. -pad If the rectangle you specify is not entirely within the input image, pnmcut fails unless you also specify -pad. In that case, it pads the output with black up to the edges you specify. You can use this option if you need to have an image of certain dimensions and have an image of arbitrary dimensions. pnmpad can also fill an image out to a specified dimension, and gives you more explicit control over the padding. -verbose Print information about the processing to Standard Error. SEE ALSO
pnmcrop(1), pnmpad(1), pnmcat(1), pgmslice(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 29 June 2000 pnmcut(1)