Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Virus and Malware
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Virus and Malware Post 302495583 by methyl on Thursday 10th of February 2011 04:23:35 PM
Old 02-10-2011
General answer.

Virus and Malware code can affect both unix and Linux systems. Mail and file storage systems can also relay bad code without protection. It is nowadays normal to install a robust Firewall and Malware/Virus protection on servers in addition to protecting each and every client against Malware/Viruses.

Not an endorsement, but another link to read.
Endpoint Security | Firewall | Data Protection | Anti-virus Software | Virus Protection - Sophos

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Virus/Malware Uptake Rates

Hi. I'm trying to get information about the rates at which viruses and malware infect computers. Let's say that Mr. Dastardly Developer discovers an exploitable flaw, writes a virus to take advantage of it, and releases the virus. Assuming that a large-scale attack method is chosen (Facebook,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help to remove malware

hello I hope you have a good day, no question is because a few days ago I did a malware scan to my debian and showed me that I have malware, and searched and not found how I can eliminate it, would be useful if someone knows how to You can delete or uninstall, thank you very much (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asoh65
2 Replies
dat_pz_create(3DAT)				     Direct Access Transport Library Functions				       dat_pz_create(3DAT)

NAME
dat_pz_create - create an instance of the Protection Zone SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldat [ library... ] #include <dat/udat.h> DAT_RETURN dat_pz_create ( IN DAT_IA_HANDLE ia_handle, OUT DAT_PZ_HANDLE *pz_handle ) PARAMETERS
ia_handle Handle for an open instance of the IA. pz_handle Handle for the created instance of Protection Zone. DESCRIPTION
The dat_pz_create() function creates an instance of the Protection Zone. The Protection Zone provides Consumers a mechanism for association Endpoints with LMRs and RMRs to provide protection for local and remote memory accesses by DTOs. RETURN VALUES
DAT_SUCCESS The operation was successful. DAT_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES The operation failed due to resource limitations. DAT_INVALID_PARAMETER Invalid parameter. DAT_INVALID_HANDLE The ia_handle parameter is invalid. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: uDAPL, 1.1, 1.2 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libdat(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 16 Jul 2004 dat_pz_create(3DAT)