Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with updating date+revision in a file Post 302495576 by momin on Thursday 10th of February 2011 03:56:20 PM
Old 02-10-2011
This is what I am getting:
HTML Code:
# awk -v t=$today 'NR==3 { d=substr($1,1,8);i=substr($1,9,2); $1=(t==d)?d i+1 ";" :t "01;" }1' db.gprs > tmp
bash: tmp: cannot overwrite existing file
#
Can you pointg out where I an going wrong?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO know whether file is updating or not

Hi All, I am new to scripting. my requirement is , I want to know whether the file(i.e., log file) is updating or not. It should search for every 15 min. If it is not updating means it needs to send out a automatic mail. can you please help me in this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj333
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wtmpx file is not updating

Hi in my solaris 9 system wmptx file is not updating so it is not recording any login or logout or any other entry. can any one tell me how to solve this problem (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating a field in a File without creating temp file's

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to update the below items in file, 1. END TIME 2. PREV_STATUS For the first time the PREV_status and end time of all job the job will be sysdate & NULL reply as below, Session_name,Load Type,Frequency,Seesion End time,Prev_Status... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK and sub/gsub: updating a date/time block

I have a file ("modtest") in which I want to update the last date/time block in the lines beginning with a period. Here is a sample: .ROMULT 10150908EDT 10270908EDT 10010908EDT RANGE RAWV2 1.00 .ROMULT 10150908EDT 10270908EDT 10010908EDT FGROUP CHOWANRV 1.00 .RRIMULT 10150908EDT... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrismcg24
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from one file and updating other file with constant entries

Hi All, Thaks for the help in my last thread. I have one more question. I have two files with ldap entries in it. One file contains all the user LDAP parameter entries (26 MB) and other file contains only the user id's that have to be inactivated. Unix script has to read from the file that has... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to find date based on search string for continuesly updating file

Hi All, I am very new to UNIX and I have tried this for a longtime now and unable to crack it.... There is a file that is continuously updating. I need to search for the string and find the date @ which it updated every day..... eg: String is "work started" The log entry is as below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nithz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help updating a file

I can not seem to figure out how to update the attached match.txt column 2 using update.txt. However, only the text before the period in updat.txt appears in match.txt. For example, in update.txt NM_001613.2 matches NM_001613 in match.txt, so is it possible to update the record in match.txt to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating a File

Hi, I have a below requirement and need your help in this regard. I have two timestamps in a file i.e. TimeBefore=2014-07-10.18.06.55 TimeAfter_1=2014-07-09.05.45.12 TimeAfter_2=2014-07-09.05.40.12 When I first run the script file, it sets the 'TimeBefore' to todays date. When I run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrupatel
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Updating in file

hi, i have an csv(which is a month's log file containing userid and log in date ) file which has to be appended to another file say master.log.I need to compare the next month's log data to master.log file .In case, there is new log date for userid it has to get updated in master.log file or i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preema
2 Replies
SVN::Web::Blame(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      SVN::Web::Blame(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Web::Blame - SVN::Web action to show blame/annotation information SYNOPSIS
In config.yaml actions: ... blame: class: SVN::Web::Blame action_menu: show: - file link_text: (view blame) ... DESCRIPTION
Shows a specific revision of a file in the Subversion repository, with blame/annotation information. OPTIONS
rev The revision of the file to show. Defaults to the repository's youngest revision. If this is not an interesting revision for this file, the repository history is searched to find the youngest interesting revision for this file that is less than "rev". TEMPLATE VARIABLES
at_head A boolean value, indicating whether the user is currently viewing the HEAD of the file in the repository. context Always "file". rev The revision that has been returned. This is not necessarily the same as the "rev" option passed to the action. If the "rev" passed to the action is not interesting (i.e., there were no changes to the file at that revision) then the file's history is searched backwards to find the next oldest interesting revision. youngest_rev The youngest interesting revision of the file. mimetype The file's MIME type, extracted from the file's "svn:mime-type" property. If this is not set then "text/plain" is used. blame_details An array of hashes. Each entry in the array corresponds to a line from the file. Each hash contains the following keys: line_no The line number (starting with 0) in the file. revision The revision in which this line was last changed. author The author of the revision that changed this line date The date on which the line was changed, formatted according to "Time and date formatting" in SVN::Web. line The contents of this line. EXCEPTIONS
None. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 by Nik Clayton "<nik@FreeBSD.org>". This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.14.2 2012-06-11 SVN::Web::Blame(3pm)