Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Advanced Search * View * Edit JAVA version to WORK in GLASSFISH Forum topic JAVA version Post 302495562 by DGPickett on Thursday 10th of February 2011 02:49:31 PM
Old 02-10-2011
Seems very recent, s/b good unless glassfish is old. I recall you can download JDK and Glassfish together on the Oracle Sun JAVA Site.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo Java version

Hi When I say java -version, the following text is printed java version "1.4.2" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2) Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM AIX build ca142-20060421 (SR5) (JIT enabled: jitc)) Is there a way to echo Java version? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neeto
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 Java version

I have an issue here setting up ASR with a server. In order to have the SASM service runnning/enabled, the required java version is 1.6 U18(latest). My OS came with JDK 1.5 I downloaded and installed 1.6 But when I did java -version , its still showing 1.5 I captured the below from another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

3. Solaris

java (java -version)

hi my box is a global zone with no local zones and the command java -version shows as "1.5.0_26". now we got a requirement from the application team to install jdk1.5.0_24. Is it possible to install the version of java(jdk1.5.0_24) as requested by the application team or is it possible to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Update java version in Zone

I am using a solaris zone in Sun blade-T6320 which has a java version "1.5.0_18" i want to update it to 1.6.0.16 or higher , how can i do that , does i need to add the new java package to the global server or just instal it in the zone itself. do i need to remove the older version or and install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

installed java version ?

Hi, I want to know what version of the java is installed? Please let me know the command or process to identify the installed java version in sun solaris box. Thanks in advance for all your support. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Switching the version of java used

Hello, I'm trying to run a program that needs java 7, but java 6 is in the default folder and I don't have permission to change the /usr/bin/java folder and change the version. I have java 7 downloaded in a different folder (~/java) and am wondering how I can use that version while running the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jautis
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Setting up new version of java

Hi, I have got jre 1.5 that I have got to install in the HP.UX version 11.31. I managed to install it with this command : # swinstall -s /tmp/<jre.XXXXX.depot> It automatically gets created in /opt/java1.5/jre/bin. However, now I am not sure how to set the PATH to JAVA_HOME, and path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
DACS.JAVA(7)						  DACS Miscellaneous Information					      DACS.JAVA(7)

NAME
dacs.java - DACS Java support DESCRIPTION
This document describes support for Java provided by DACS. To enable Java support, DACS must be configured using the --enable-java flag. It may also be necessary to specify the location of the Java commands and include files. See dacs.install(7)[1]. Note Java support is currently very limited and should be considered experimental. It is currently only possible to call dacsauth(1)[2] and dacscheck(1)[3] using the Java Native Interface (JNI) provided. The command line arguments to both of these commands are exactly as documented in their manual pages. Each argument is passed as a String. The code is not thread-safe and is probably not suitable for being called many times within a particular process due to assumptions it makes about dynamic memory allocation. There are no immediate plans to improve or extend Java support. Using the existing capability to build the JNI layer, however, it should not be difficult for an experienced Java programmer to build upon the example Java code provided. With Java support enabled, building DACS will copy the JNI shared library and a .jar file to the library directory (default: /usr/local/dacs/lib), and the JNI include files to the include directory (default: /usr/local/dacs/include). The tools/java/jni distribution directory contains a simple script called javarun that demonstrates how to run dacsauth or dacscheck as a Java application. For example, to validate the Unix password for user somebody, run (as root): ./javarun dacsauth -m unix suff -user somebody -prompt DIAGNOSTICS
The return codes are as documented in the command's manual page. AUTHOR
Distributed Systems Software (www.dss.ca[4]) COPYING
Copyright2003-2012 Distributed Systems Software. See the LICENSE[5] file that accompanies the distribution for licensing information. NOTES
1. dacs.install(7) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.install.7.html 2. dacsauth(1) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacsauth.1.html 3. dacscheck(1) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacscheck.1.html 4. www.dss.ca http://www.dss.ca 5. LICENSE http://dacs.dss.ca/man/../misc/LICENSE DACS 1.4.27b 10/22/2012 DACS.JAVA(7)