Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Script to automatically map samba shares as network drive Post 302495548 by stringman on Thursday 10th of February 2011 02:19:49 PM
Old 02-10-2011
barrydocks,

I can show you we use. I didn't write it, but it looks very similar to your requirements.

netlogon.bat File Contents
Code:

@ECHO OFF
REM Check for "X" drive and map if not available
if NOT EXIST "X:\" (
net use X: \\trantor\raid0 /PERSISTENT:YES
)
REM Check for "H" drive and map if not available
if NOT EXIST "H:\" (
net use H: /home
)
REM Syncronize the time on the workstation to that of the server.
net time \\trantor /set /yes
REM Map "My Documents" to the user's H: Drive
if EXIST "H:\" (
cscript "\\trantor\netlogon\scripts\map_mydocs.vbs"
)

map_mydocs.vbs File Contents
Code:

Dim WSHShell
Set WSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WSHShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Personal", "H:\"

These scipts will map our "X" drive, which is our shared RAID and also an H drive for each users "My Documents". User profiles are located on our RAID.

Hope this helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Map Network Drive...

Hallo...Hi, Anyone can help me???How can I map network drive from Windows if i'm using the Sun Solaris 8 server? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrboomber
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to enumerate samba shares with client

I have a samba server node and I want to mount the samba (CIFS) shares from a second (client) unix machine. However, the unix mount command requires I specify the name of the share. What if I don't know the name of the share? How can I enumerate all the shares from the samba client machine? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive From Windows To Apache Shared Drive?

Anyone know how I can map a windows drive to an apache shared drive? In my httpd.conf file, I have: Alias /merc_rpts/ "/u/merc_rpts/" <Directory "/u/merc_rpts"> Options Indexes </Directory> I'm able to bring up a browser and see the contents of this folder. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extraction of samba shares with sed

Hi there, My samba configuration file looks like that : ... ... path = /home/samba/profiles/ ... path = /home/samba/shares/family valid users = family path = /home/samba/shares/admins valid users = admins path = /home/samba/shares/publicI want to extract the list of standard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

5. Linux

Auto map network drive using SAMBA with batch file

Hi everyone. I have several shares (see smb.conf below). Each setup fairly similarly, and several groups. My end goals are: 1) to have the share automatically map as the P: drive to members of the employees group 2) to have the share automatically map as the t: drive to members of the tech... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unassassinable
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba - Creating shares

So I have Samba installed on my server and I have to create two shares. Make a backup of your smb.conf - call it smb.conf.orig. Create a share called shared that allows read and write permissions for everyone and points to /media/shared. Create another share called www that points to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help mounting Samba shares

I have these two shares on my Ubuntu Server: path = /media/share read only = no guest ok = yes path = /var/www read only = noI want to mount them to the directories that I created on my Desktop called "shared" and "www" how do I do this? I ran the command: smbclient -L... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy numerous private Samba-shares as one user. (Syntax question)

Hello Forum, I was overwhelmed by how fast and correct the responses to my first question in this forum was, and I hope I expreience this again today. The reason is that I have to copy a fileserver (Ubuntu 8.04 32 with Samba) to another server via Internet within tomorrow. I have no problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: primaxx
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map network drive

Hi I need to restore an oracle backup from production in a test x86 Solaris 10 box . But the space is limited and does not have enough to hold both the backup as well as database . Hence , I am thinking of mapping a network drive from another x86 Solaris 10. Pls let me know if it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with accessing Samba shares on external (NON-DOMAIN) webserver(s)

Hi all, You may have seen my recent topic, where I asked for help getting some samba shares to work on our network. Now that these are working, I move on to the next hurdle! We have a few externally hosted (Windows Server 2008 R2) web servers which are not on our domain, but can still... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgreen81
0 Replies
IBDM-TOPO-FILE(1)					       IB DATA MODEL PACKAGE						 IBDM-TOPO-FILE(1)

NAME
ibdm-topo-file - 1IBDM Topology File DESCRIPTION
The topology file describes the IB connectivity and systems included in the network. It serves two purposes: 1. Support for arbitrary system names to be later used in every report that IBDM generates. 2. Connectivity verification: The specified network topology is verified against the discovered one. Mismatch errors resulting from missing cables and/or wrong connections are reported by IBADM. The topology file is composed "system" sections. Each such section describes the connectivity of one system to other systems in the network. The first line of each section is a declaration of the system composed of a system-type, its system-name section, and optional configuration details. The lines to follow until the next empty line describe the connections between this system ports to the other systems. The following is a formal definition of a system section syntax. An example is listed afterwards. SYSTEM-TYPE SYSTEM-NAME [CFG: <b1>=<modifier>, [<b2>=<modifier>]...] LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME . . . SYSTEM-TYPE SYSTEM-NAME [CFG: <b1>=<modifier>, [<b2>=<modifier>]...] LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME . . . . . . Where: SYSTEM-TYPE and REM-SYS-TYPE Any system that has a corresponding IBNL definition. See man ibdm-ibnl-file SYSTEM-NAME The name of the system described in this topology file section. LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME The name of the local system port. The numbers printed on the front panel are used together with Ln for Leaf no. N or Sn for Spine no. N. REM-SYS-NAME The name of the system connected to the local port. REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME A name of the remote system port. We use the numbers as printed on the front panel and Ln for Leaf number N or Sn for Spine number N. EXAMPLE
The following is a topology file for a simple cluster with one 24 port switch and two HCAs. The firts HCA named H-1 and connect to the fabric with its two ports. The second HCA named H-2. The switch is of type MTS2400 and is named S-1 MTS2400 S-1 P1 -> MT23108 H-1 P1 P2 -> MT23108 H-1 P2 P24 -> MT23108 H-2 P1 OPTIONAL CFG SECTION
This section in the system declaration line describes the special customization of each board of the system. That is the CFG string is a set of comma-separated sub-fields. Each sub-field describes some special configuration of a corresponding system board. The actual semantics of the specific board modifiers is defined by the IBNL of the specific system. EXAMPLE
The following is an example of a definition-line in a topology file of the MTS9600 switch system. This switch system can have up to eight leafs and four spines. This example of the MTS9600 lacks (R) leafs no.6,7 and 8, and lacks spines no. 3 and 4. MTS9600 PartialGz1 CFG: leaf3=R,leaf5=R,leaf7=R,spine1=R AUTHOR
Eitan Zahavi, Mellanox Technologies LTD, eitan@mellanox.co.il IBDM 1.0 2009-02-16 IBDM-TOPO-FILE(1)