Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Stuck in pthread_cond_signal() Post 302495465 by fpmurphy on Thursday 10th of February 2011 10:28:21 AM
Old 02-10-2011
Quote:
Has anybody encountered a situation where pthread_cond_signal() is stuck?
Sure. It is a common occurrence. Usually due to invalid assumptions regarding pthreads.

However if you want us to help you, you need to show us your code or, preferably, a short working example which demonstrates the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stuck....!

I have been busy reading away on devices and filesystems and I am stuck on a particular subject matter.. I'm not understanding the concept behind mknod mkfifo makedev or related commands.. can anyone shed some light on the subject.! any feedback welcome! moxxx68 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stuck and confused

#!/bin/bash echo $1 | cat - $2 >> /tmp/$$ && mv /tmp/$$ $2 im trying to get the first argument to go in the middle of the second argument which is a file, anyone any ideas. i have only managed to get it to go on the end or the front. been fiddling about with wc -l, i get the number of lines... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iago
5 Replies

3. Programming

I'm stuck :(

Suppose that I have some data: 12,30 12,45 2,3 7,8 3,9 30, 8 45,54 56,65 Where (a,b) indicates that a is connected to b. I want to get all connected nodes to one point. For instance, the output of the above example should be something like: Group 1 2,3 3,9 Group 2 12,30 12,45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stuck with a script

Hi There I am pretty new to UNIX and have only been using it from a basic point of view,I now want to start using it and learning more , have got a whole lot of books and documentation from the web and am slowly learning.I have written a get script in windows :- lcd E:\MAIN\PRO\FILES\MAINDB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FOCKER
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help! im stuck..

I want to search for the line with the group name and add the user into the group. The file format is the same as /etc/group The code i wrote is egrep "^$newGID" $group >/dev/null FS=":" oldData=awk -F: '{print $3}' newData= "$oldData,$newUser" sed -n $4/$newData $group but a friend... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cherrywinter
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I am stuck in my script

Hi All I have script that find 777 dir with specific extension like .php .Now after finding all 777 directory i will place in httpd.conf using a directory directive ,Now i was not do that,if directory entry exitst in httpd.conf then script ignor it dont show me at stdout else if it dont find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

stuck on assignment

I was given this to do, Write a Shell script to automatically check that a specified user is logged in to the computer. The program should allow the person running the script to specify the name of the user to be checked, the frequency in seconds at which the script should check. If a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: operator
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Undefined reference to `pthread_cond_signal@GLIBC_2.3.2

When i try to make my c project i am getting an error message like this : ../../../lib/linux/libxml.so: undefined reference to `pthread_cond_signal@GLIBC_2.3.2' Please help me in resolving this. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhivyam
0 Replies

9. AIX

mget is stuck

Hi, below are the commands I use to get many gif files from /usr/local/images directory, the command just getting stuck at mget, nothing is moving cd /usr/local/images binary mget *.gif:wall: close quit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dateez
3 Replies

10. Debian

Stuck in BIOS

okay,i made a grave mistake in installing the base bare bones install of debian. here i have edited this from the original. this morning when i got home from work i did some searching and then just shut the system down via the mechanical off on switch. waited a few minutes and then restarted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
0 Replies
pthread_cond_signal(3)					     Library Functions Manual					    pthread_cond_signal(3)

NAME
pthread_cond_signal - Wakes at least one thread that is waiting on the specified condition variable. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_cond_signal( pthread_cond_t *cond); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: IEEE Std 1003.1c-1995, POSIX System Application Program Interface PARAMETERS
Condition variable to be signaled. DESCRIPTION
This routine unblocks at least one thread waiting on the specified condition variable cond. Calling this routine implies that data guarded by the associated mutex has changed, thus it might be possible for one of the waiting threads to proceed. In general, only one thread will be released. If no threads are waiting on the specified condition variable, this routine takes no action. The signal does not propagate to the next condition variable wait. This routine should be called when any thread waiting on the specified condition variable might find its predicate true, but only one thread should proceed. If more than one thread can proceed, or if any of the threads would not be able to proceed, then you must use pthread_cond_broadcast(3). The scheduling policy determines which thread is awakened. For policies SCHED_FIFO and SCHED_RR, a blocked thread is chosen in priority order, using first-in/first-out (FIFO) within priorities. If the calling thread holds the lock to the target condition variable's associated mutex while setting the variable's wait predicate, that thread can call pthread_cond_signal(3) to signal the variable even after releasing the lock on that mutex. However, for more predictable scheduling behavior, call pthread_cond_signal(3) before releasing the target condition variable's associated mutex. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The value specified by cond is not a valid condition variable. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_cond_broadcast(3), pthread_cond_destroy(3), pthread_cond_init(3), pthread_cond_timedwait(3), pthread_cond_wait(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_cond_signal(3)