Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help with removing \n from a string in C Post 302495172 by shamrock on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 01:35:30 PM
Old 02-09-2011
Code looks ok...so only explanation is that s doesnt contain a newline.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing the last occurance of string

I have a small query. I have a file containing the following lines abcd<12></12>fdfgdf<12>sdfgfg<12> sdfsdf<12></12>ytunfg<12> hggfhf<12>rtysb<12>zdfgdfg<12> Now I wish to delete ONLY the last occurance of string <12> from every lines of code. That mease my final output will be like this:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkhanna01
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing characters from a string

I need help to strip out the first two characters of the variable $FileName. Please help. FileName=`find . -mtime +0 -name '*'` Contents of variable $FileName: ./SRIZVI4.MCR_IDEAS_REPORT.LAST.052705.075405.csv I want to strip out "./" and place the contents in another variable. How do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing substring from a string

Hi. I want to remove a substring from a string. If I use the "tr" command, it doesn't seem to to what I want it to: echo './somestring.dat' | tr -d './' results in somestringdat I want it to remove only occurances of the string './', rather than the individual character. The result... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmilks
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing first character in a string

While writing a shell script i happen to store some value in a string. Lets say the value is 59788. Now in this script i want to get the value 9788 removing the first charater 5. The original string length usually remains constant. Is there a single line command to do this or any simple way to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npn
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces from string

I want a user to be able to paste in a string like "01 3F 20 1F" and have the script reformat it to "013F201F" to pass it on to the next step. I was trying to figure it out with awk but wasnt working well. Never mind, found answer. did not know about tr :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing last character of string

Hi , I have a file with the following contents in file test1.txt . AMY_MTT_240Y001,N60_PG2_10G001,A2H_P3H_10G002,7C7_7D7_NP1,A2E_PV0_10G002,L78_PG1_64S001,A2H_P2M_NP2,LDN_YSN_64S001,WV6_WYV_64... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing un-necessary start string

i have input in below form part=gfjhwhedaqh=ghdgwg^*^(G== i want to remove the starting "part=" and retain the remaining. please suggest (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Lines that Contain a Certain String

I'm writing a UNIX script to interpret text files and search for certain strings to output and need to delete certain lines that contain characters that I would like removed from the file. The rest of the script is already completed and I have it output how I would like, but I cannot seem to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DetroitLolcat
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing only Prefix string (!)

Hello everyone, I want to remove only prefix ME_ from all the values that are present in the FILEA. Below code I'm using for this. sed 's/ME\_//g' FILEA > FILEB Using the above code, all ME_ values are getting removed from the file. But the problem here is I want to remove only Prefix ME_... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ed_9
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing string from CSV file by provide removal string from other file

What I need is to remove the text from Location_file.txt from each line matching all entries from Remove_location.txt Location_file.txt FlowPrePaid, h3nmg1cm2,Jamaica_MTAImageFileFlowPrePaid,h0nmg1cm1, Flow_BeatTest,FlowRockTest FlowNewTest,FlowNewTest,h0nmg1cm1 PartiallySubscribed,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)