Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read and append certain files form directory Post 302495166 by lio123 on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 01:00:49 PM
Old 02-09-2011
How to read and append certain files form directory

Hi ,i have a question ,if I am in sertain directory and I have 4 files *.c
how can I read and append this files in file backup.bac
Thanks

Code:
find ./ -name "*.csh" | wc -l

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read Files from a Directory

Hi, I have a requirement where I have get the files from FTP server then delete the files in the FTP server and then store the file name within the file where there is "TR". i.e Filename|TR|20071231|.... Once I finish loading my file I have to archive the files. Is there any way to do it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_418
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read files from directory

hi i have a directory /tmp/Satya,it contains 5.FILE 6.FILE 7.FILE i need to read each file , and read its content line by line please help thanks Satya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search directory-find files-append at end of line

Hi, I have a command "get_data" with some parameters in few *.text files of a directory. I want to first find those files that contain this command and then append the following parameter to the end of the command. example of an entry in the file :- get_data -x -m50 /etc/web/getid this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mget * (obtein files from current directory but not the files form sub-directories)

Hello, Using the instruction mget (within ftp) and with "Interactive mode off", I want to get all files from directory (DirAA), but not the files in sub-directories. The files names don't follow any defined rule, so they can be just letters without (.) period Directory structure example: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peter321
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append variable texts to the beginning of each line in all files in a directory

I am writing a code to append some numbers in the beginning of each line in all the files present in a directory. The number of files are really huge. The files are numbered as 1.sco, 2.sco, 4.sco (Note: 3.sco is missing). The files currently look like this: 1.sco 2 3 5 6 6 7My task is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

6. Programming

C program to read n files and append it to a variable.

I am struck in the code of handling multiple files reading and appending it into a variable. My First file's entire content I have concatenated using strcat(<char pointer>,char array) In the Second file I extract using strtstr() function and below is the code. if( fp2 != NULL){ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

append text to column in all files of directory

Hi, I want to append "chr" to all col 2 values of all files in a particular folder. This is what I came up with but isnt working. Please help. ls -1 * | ( while read line do awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS=":"} {$2="chr"$2;print $0}' $line > $line_new done ) Another question is, how to delete... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpesh
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple files, parse data and append to a file

Hi..Can anyone suggest a simple way of achieving this. I have several files which ends with extension .vcf . I will give example with two files In the below files, we are interested in File 1: 38 107 C 3 T 6 C/T 38 241 C 4 T 5 C/T 38 247 T 4 C 5 T/C 38 259 T 3 C 6 T/C... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Append pipe | at the end of all the rows except header n trailer for all the files under a directory

Hi Experts Need help... I am looking for a Unix script to append pipe | at the end of all the rows (except header and trailer)in all the files placed under the directory /interfaces/Temp e.g. Header row1 row2 row3 Trailer The script should read all the files under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
3 Replies
RDIFF-BACKUP(1) 						   User Manuals 						   RDIFF-BACKUP(1)

NAME
rdiff-backup-statistics - summarize rdiff-backup statistics files SYNOPSIS
rdiff-backup-statistics [--begin-time time] [--end-time time] [--minimum-ratio ratio] [--null-separator] [--quiet] repository DESCRIPTION
rdiff-backup-statistics reads the matching statistics files in a backup repository made by rdiff-backup and prints some summary statistics to the screen. It does not alter the repository in any way. The required argument is the pathname of the root of an rdiff-backup repository. For instance, if you ran "rdiff-backup in out", you could later run "rdiff-backup-statistics out". The output has two parts. The first is simply an average of the all matching session_statistics files. The meaning of these fields is explained in the FAQ included in the package, and also at http://rdiff-backup.nongnu.org/FAQ.html#statistics. The second section lists some particularly significant files (including directories). These files are either contain a lot of data, take up increment space, or contain a lot of changed files. All the files that are above the minimum ratio (default 5%) will be listed. If a file or directory is listed, its contributions are subtracted from its parent. That is why the percentage listed after a directory can be larger than the percentage of its parent. Without this, the root directory would always be the largest, and the output would be boring. OPTIONS
--begin-time time Do not read statistics files older than time. By default, all statistics files will be read. time should be in the same format taken by --restore-as-of. (See TIME FORMATS in the rdiff-backup man page for details.) --end-time time Like --begin-time but exclude statistics files later than time. --minimum-ratio ratio Print all directories contributing more than the given ratio to the total. The default value is .05, or 5 percent. --null-separator Specify that the lines of the file_statistics file are separated by nulls (). The default is to assume that newlines separate. Use this switch if rdiff-backup was run with the --null-separator when making the given repository. --quiet Suppress printing of the "Processing statistics from session..." output lines. BUGS
When aggregating multiple statistics files, some directories above (but close to) the minimum ratio may not be displayed. For this reason, you may want to set the minimum-ratio lower than need. AUTHOR
Ben Escoto <ben@emerose.org>, based on original script by Dean Gaudet. SEE ALSO
rdiff-backup(1), python(1). The rdiff-backup web page is at http://rdiff-backup.nongnu.org/. Version 1.2.8 March 2009 RDIFF-BACKUP(1)