Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting try to batch rename using sed (if this is best) Post 302495144 by Scott on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 11:40:19 AM
Old 02-09-2011
Taking what you already have:

Code:
$ ls *.dat.old | sed 'p;s/.dat.old/_N.dat/' | xargs -n2 mv

This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename in batch

example test1 will have m1234567.12a I would like to rename in batch but I don't Please help me on this. cd /a1/a2/a3 test1=$(basename /a1/a2/a3/*.*) >> /tmp/t echo $test1 echo "Extracting 8 th position" >> /tmp/t2 awk '{print substr($1,8,1); }' $test1 >> /tmp/t3 echo "extraction ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kathy18
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rename the file in batch

In my dir there are files like a.xml b.xml abnc.xml 12.abc.xml 12.anc.sfoioi.xml I need to remove .xml from all the files Is there any direct way without using any for/do loop Right now i am using for file in * do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch file using sed command in msdos

<! pad_meth: <! program = "/usr/lib/drivers/pse/x29d -p" how should i program it in oder to display this: <! pad_meth: <! program = "/usr/lib/drivers/pse/x29d -p" ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rita1985
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Batch rename recursively

I would like to replace multiple underscores with hyphens but I have 26,000 files to rename. They are all in one file structure and multiple sub-directories. It would be much simpler if I had a script to do it. Here are some samples of the file names: Example 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ..Chris..
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

use sed do batch wildcard string replace

Hi, Here is what I want to do I want to search local directory and its sub directory, all the files which contain any string like _12345, then remove this string. String is a combination of _ plus a random integer number. For example, here is one line in a file before <properties... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bp5000
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch rename files after internal search pattern

Hello all I am trying to do a script that would allow me to mass rename files after a grep search within them. They are XML files and the pattern I would like to append to the file name is easy to find (e.g. <filename>foo</filename>), but I can't for the life of me find out how to do it and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch rename files that do not match pattern

Hi all, I do not have programming experience and mostly use one-liner or sometimes more to get the job done. I am having problem to batch rename the files that do not match a particular pattern. Sample file-names from directory: Meeting_Packages.pdf 13_textfile0 19_textfile0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atulkakrana
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch Script To Unzip and Rename File

Hello All, I need help in writing a batch script. I have 100 zip files in a folder. Each zip file has a unique name starting with XYZ_12345.zip Each zip file contains single csv file I would like to batch extract the files and also rename the extracted csv as per the original zip name... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajlakshmi
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script batch with command sed

hi, i have a folder with 2000 text file where each file contain a string. i need to trasform this string like this: example of file : My name is Mark and I'm a child the new file must be: insert into tabella ('My name','My name is Mark and I'm a child'); where the first column is a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yo-yo78
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed batch file issue

Hi!! I want to create a batch file so the sh file could change a file on a specific time. I made this config: sed -i 's/range 192.168.1.200 192.168.1.220;/option POLYCOM "tftp://10.20.1.10";/g' /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf My issue is that the sed does not accept the :// character.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jocas9
2 Replies
load_datafile(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    load_datafile(3alleg4)

NAME
load_datafile - Loads a datafile into memory. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> DATAFILE *load_datafile(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
Loads a datafile into memory in one go. If the datafile has been encrypted, you must first call packfile_password() to set the appropriate key. If the datafile contains truecolor graphics, you must set the video mode or call set_color_conversion() before loading it. Example: /* Load the resources for our game. */ DATAFILE *dat = load_datafile("game.dat"); if (!dat) abort_on_error("Couldn't load sound resources!"); /* Use resources. */ ... /* Destroy them when we don't need them any more. */ unload_datafile(dat); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the DATAFILE, or NULL on error. Remember to free this DATAFILE later to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
load_datafile_callback(3alleg4), unload_datafile(3alleg4), load_datafile_object(3alleg4), set_color_conversion(3alleg4), fixup_datafile(3alleg4), packfile_password(3alleg4), find_datafile_object(3alleg4), register_datafile_object(3alleg4), excustom(3alleg4), exdata(3alleg4), exexedat(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), exsprite(3alleg4), exunicod(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_datafile(3alleg4)