Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Looking for application that simplifies for non techie people accessing unix/linux env Post 302495135 by umen on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 11:20:36 AM
Old 02-09-2011
yes wrapper

no samba and yes ssh also , i need GUI wrapper on top of ssh and sftp i guess just click on it and you connected with GUI display

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing UNIX Data over LINUX

Hello! Unfortunatly i'm totaly new with UNIX and LINUX... Actually Problem is i have some data on floppy disk which was written on UNIX system 5 version now i have installed LINIX ver 9 is there any way i can access unix data on linux 9? if so please reply me with commands i shall be very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xohaib
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing X application from remote

Hi, I need to access X application like xclock( running on remote solaris box) on my local windows machine. I know we have some X-win 32 s/f.. Tried with it , but not succesfull. Do we have any other software to access solaris X application from local windows system. What all setups are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_desh
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Global Env Variable

Greetings: I need to remove 'RUBYOPT' env variable to install MacRuby. I see it via $env (tchrc). I checked my (local) .tcshrc, .login, .profile files: not defined there. Apparently, it's not set locally. I know this RUBYOPT is global, since I can see it in another account on my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: UncleRic
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Accessing global-zone installed application

Hi, Is it possible to access application installed on global-zone from a non-global zone? Is there any configuration to achieve the above requirement? Tried looking up information but unable to find. Thanks in advance. Eugene (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srage
3 Replies

5. Programming

Application with Accessibility for Blind People

I am about to start developing an application, which requires accessibility for blind people. It will be a front-end to google calendar for blind people. Can I do this in C#? Does .NET provide accessibility? I want to read the information from screen readers(e.g. JAWS), a software that uses voice... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: romeo5577
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing my windows Application on Ubuntu

I am sure this is simple to do but as a newbie to UNIX i don't know much. I have Ubuntu installed on my machine alongside windows 7. How do i access all the folders, files and more importantly programs and softwares installed on Windows so i can use them in Ubuntu instead of going back and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pipsonian
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if an application has been installed on a unix/linux box?

hi, guys, now I face a problem. I have developed an application, and when it starts, it shall check if an application has been installed on the running linux/unix. If result is positive, i do something with the application command. just as an example: I want to check if sshd has been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk1418
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Management application user rights on the files in a Unix / Linux

good evening .. I have a plea, who I can help me with a management application user rights on the files in a Unix / Linux I need for college .. .. and not told us no clue .. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex90
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Guide me in the right direction to develop application for UNIX/Linux

Hi all, Am good in C & C++, i just joined as a fresher in a French IT company. In my own interest and love towards Linux and open source. i want to develop as much as applications for linux. i got the basic training on linux commands, and currently am working really hard to gain more... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_ganapathy
11 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)