Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - grep issue in filenames with wildcards Post 302495118 by birei on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 10:41:32 AM
Old 02-09-2011
Hi,

Other solution using 'perl' too. I hope it can be useful for you:
Code:
$ cat script.pl
use strict;
use warnings;

my %src = ();
my %dest = ();
map { $src{$_} = 1 } qx{ ls -1 /home/t1 };
map { $dest{$_} = 1 } qx{ ls -1 /home/t2 };

map { print "Found $_"; delete $src{$_} } grep { $dest{$_} } keys %src;
for (keys %src) {
        print "Not found $_";
}
$ perl script.pl
(...output suppressed...)

Regards,
Birei

Last edited by birei; 02-09-2011 at 11:50 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep and wildcards

Hi guys, a small problem today, I'm grepping a log file containing lines like this below: Mar 09 16:04:00 blabla Mar 09 16:04:02 blabla Mar 09 16:04:05 blabla Mar 09 16:04:15 blabla Mar 09 16:05:06 blabla Mar 09 16:05:23 blabla Mar 09 16:05:25 blabla ... in this file I'm grepping... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lomic
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep all the filenames in a script

hello, we have a script (let say ABC) which contains the below: lp -d lp06 -t 'REPORT FOR FINANCE -FIN-' $daily/FINRPT lp -d lp06 -t 'REPORT FOR FINANCE -FIN1-' $daily/FINRPT1 lp -d lp06 -t 'REPORT FOR HUMAN RESOURCE -HR-' $dd_daily/HRRPT lp -d lp06 -t 'REPORT FOR MANAGEMENT -MGM-'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie168
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using wildcards in this perl command

Hi there, is it possible to use wild cards in this statement ssh $remote_server 'perl -pi -e "s,EXP_SERIAL_19b8be67=\"\",EXP_SERIAL_`hostid`=\"UNKNOWN\"," /var/myfile' This command works fine but the bit in bold (the 8 character hostid) will not always be 19b8be67 so I was hoping I could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to search and extract using wildcards.

Good evening All, I have a perl script to pull out all occurrences of a files beginning with xx and ending in .p. I will then loop through all 1K files in a directory. I can grep for xx*.p files but it gives me the entire line. I wish to output to a single colum with only the hits found. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CammyD
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, open multiple files with wildcards

I have a question regarding Perl scripting. If I want to say open files that all look like this and assign them to a filehandle and then assign the filehandle to a variable, how do I do this? The file names are strand1.fa.gz.tmp strand2.fa.gz.tmp strand3.fa.gz.tmp strand4.fa.gz.tmp ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: japaneseguitars
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with grep - not showing filenames

Hello, I'm looking for a search string within about 50 files but when the string is found it doesn't tell me in which member it has been found. Any ideas how I can do this? Cheers Rob (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP Issue in Perl

Im storing multiple functions in a varaible called $check... The variable check contains the following: a() b() c() ... ..etc now im checking individually which function is kept in which file using GREP if ( grep \$check \i, <FILE> ) The problem is im getting the output for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep wildcards

Hi all I want to search for number in file presented with wildcard as shown below. cat file.txt 1405 1623 1415 ....... ....... How to search for the number 141526 for example? If the number exist print "Number 141526 exist" if no, print "The number not exist" Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasil
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Wildcards used in find, ls and grep commands

Platforms : Solaris 10 and RHEL 5.6 I always get double quotes , single quotes and asteriks mixed up for find, ls and grep commands. The below commands retrieve the correct results. But , unders stress , I get all these mixed up :mad: .So, i wanted to get a clear picture. Please check if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple patterns that contain wildcards

job_count=`grep -e "The job called .* has finished | The job called .* is running" logfile.txt | wc -l` Any idea how to count those 2 patterns so i have a total count of the finished and running jobs from the log file? If i do either of the patterns its works okay but adding them together... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: finn
8 Replies
STRCAT(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 STRCAT(3)

NAME
strcat, strncat - concatenate two strings SYNOPSIS
#include <string.h> char *strcat(char *dest, const char *src); char *strncat(char *dest, const char *src, size_t n); DESCRIPTION
The strcat() function appends the src string to the dest string, overwriting the null byte ('') at the end of dest, and then adds a ter- minating null byte. The strings may not overlap, and the dest string must have enough space for the result. The strncat() function is similar, except that * it will use at most n characters from src; and * src does not need to be null-terminated if it contains n or more characters. As with strcat(), the resulting string in dest is always null-terminated. If src contains n or more characters, strncat() writes n+1 characters to dest (n from src plus the terminating null byte). Therefore, the size of dest must be at least strlen(dest)+n+1. A simple implementation of strncat() might be: char* strncat(char *dest, const char *src, size_t n) { size_t dest_len = strlen(dest); size_t i; for (i = 0 ; i < n && src[i] != '' ; i++) dest[dest_len + i] = src[i]; dest[dest_len + i] = ''; return dest; } RETURN VALUE
The strcat() and strncat() functions return a pointer to the resulting string dest. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, 4.3BSD, C89, C99. SEE ALSO
bcopy(3), memccpy(3), memcpy(3), strcpy(3), string(3), strncpy(3), wcscat(3), wcsncat(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2010-09-20 STRCAT(3)