Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Difference between OpenServer versions Post 302495053 by kampus on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 08:41:42 AM
Old 02-09-2011
Thank you so much! :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

different versions?

can someone tell me a shell-script to convert an older version of a file with the current one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deeptia
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

different versions of the same file.

How can I find out in UNIX the number of superusers logged in at a system at a given time??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeptia
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Need to know all versions of Unix

:confused: What are some of the most popular versions of Unix and why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpawlicki2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Software Versions

I need to collect the software versions for various pieces of software installed on my SunOS box. is there a software listing somewhere? Any help on how to do that would be very much appreciated. Thanks, GBWR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GBWR
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Is there any way to get old HP-UX versions?

I got my hands on a HP9000/380 and need a (really) old version of HP-UX, like 7 or 8. Is there any vendor who sells older versions? I did a quick search here and checked the FAQ and HPs HP-UX site but couldn't find anything. :confused: Any help is appreciated! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Versions of HP-UX or AIX

Can I install a HP-UX or IBM AIX in my home pc?. It is a Intel Pentium 4 of 64 bits. Is there any version for me?. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurt1978
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RCS - Find difference between 2 different versions of a file

Hi, I have a c file in my repository. We are using RCS(Revision Control System) to control and manage the versions. I need to find 1. Difference between the current version with a different version 2. Difference between any two different versions of a file. Ex Difference between 1.14 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelangovan
1 Replies

8. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Versions of HP-UX

Lo guys, I've just started a new department in work and I'm going to be using HP-UX with Vi. The problem is I'm completely new to UNIX, I'm currently learning at work but I only have limited amounts of time on our dev systems. Is it possible to get a free/educational version any where? I don't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: john2012
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
CFREE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  CFREE(3)

NAME
cfree - free allocated memory SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> /* In SunOS 4 */ int cfree(void *ptr); /* In glibc or FreeBSD libcompat */ void cfree(void *ptr); /* In SCO OpenServer */ void cfree(char *ptr, unsigned num, unsigned size); /* In Solaris watchmalloc.so.1 */ void cfree(void *ptr, size_t nelem, size_t elsize); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): cfree(): _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
This function should never be used. Use free(3) instead. 1-arg cfree In glibc, the function cfree() is a synonym for free(3), "added for compatibility with SunOS". Other systems have other functions with this name. The declaration is sometimes in <stdlib.h> and sometimes in <malloc.h>. 3-arg cfree Some SCO and Solaris versions have malloc libraries with a 3-argument cfree(), apparently as an analog to calloc(3). If you need it while porting something, add #define cfree(p, n, s) free((p)) to your file. A frequently asked question is "Can I use free(3) to free memory allocated with calloc(3), or do I need cfree()?" Answer: use free(3). An SCO manual writes: "The cfree routine is provided for compliance to the iBCSe2 standard and simply calls free. The num and size argu- ments to cfree are not used." RETURN VALUE
The SunOS version of cfree() (which is a synonym for free(3)) returns 1 on success and 0 on failure. In case of error, errno is set to EINVAL: the value of ptr was not a pointer to a block previously allocated by one of the routines in the malloc(3) family. CONFORMING TO
The 3-argument version of cfree() as used by SCO conforms to the iBCSe2 standard: Intel386 Binary Compatibility Specification, Edition 2. SEE ALSO
malloc(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2007-07-26 CFREE(3)