Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Cannot delete no permission file Post 302495022 by jurn on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 06:56:22 AM
Old 02-09-2011
Those files look like devices (they would normally be in /dev), and are files that you should NOT be modifying.
What is "ltspfs"? it sounds like a remote file system.
If you somehow unmount or stop ltspfs, and then try deleting again, does that work?
I don't think you shouldn't remove or change these files while ltspfs is running.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

The file permission

there is a directory eg. /home/edp/ , all the files under this directory : 1. the file and directory owner is "user1" , 2. the permission is 644 I want everyone hv permission to overwrite all files and write a new file to it , but I want the file owner and permssion keep unchange , could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to delete file for permission problem

Hi, We are facing problem to delete some logfiles. Explaing with example for clear understanding : we have 2 accounts : prdpqrs (application account) & prodxyz (admin account - not root). Both of them are in same group called 'release' While prodxyz is trying to remove a file owned by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabyasm
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Permission

User - sysopr need to convert the output file from Oracle UTL_FILE_DIR using dos2unix command. However, the file owner and the group is belongs to oracle with dba group as follows: -rw-r--r-- 1 oradw dba 22049864 May 23 15:37 transmission*.csv What are the possible methods to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find who has permission to delete

All, I am running a script , which has permision as below -r-xr-x--- 1 pmgr ffw 11660 Sep 3 2003 ccln and tring to delete the file in the directory inter (sys212:pct:/>) ll | grep ^d dr-xr-xr-x 32 bin bin 8192 Dec 24 03:24 etc drwxr-xr-x 32... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

file permission/acl: 2 users with write access on 1 file...

Hello, i need some help/advice on how to solve a particular problem. these are the users: |name | group | ---------- --------------- |boss | department1 | |assistant | department1 | |employee | department1 | |spy | department2 | this is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elzalem
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission on file

i have two user named sourav and jishu. i have created a file named source.txt in sourav. i made another user called shovon. i want to give read write permission of souce.txt for shovon but not for jishu. how can i set permission only for jishu ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourav_ray
1 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

shouldnt we also have the permission to delete our threads

i think we should also have the permissions to delete our own thread (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Delete Permission on Directory

Hi, I have a directory /u01/source. Following are current permission on directory source. oracle@TEST # ls -l source drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 31232 Apr 8 13:33 EG1 drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 1024 Apr 8 05:45 E2 drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 57344 Mar 15 10:22 h5 There is another ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is rsync --delete on some files without write permission possible?

Hello all, I have a problem with rsync command. From a backup server, I use a command like the one below: rsync -av --delete user@host:/home/user/ /home/backup_user/daily_rotating_backup/ In some folders of the user there are some files on which he has removed his write permission on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies
refile(1)						      General Commands Manual							 refile(1)

NAME
refile - file message in other folders (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
refile [msgs] [+folder] [options] OPTIONS
Refiles the draft message, or the current message in your +drafts folder, if you have one set up. You cannot give a msgs argument when you use this option. Moves a file into a folder. This option takes a file from its directory and places it in the named folder, as the next message in the folder. The file must be formatted as a legal mail message. This means that the message must have the minimum header fields separated from the body of the message by a blank line or a line of dashes. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Keeps a copy of the message in the source folder. Normally, refile removes the messages from the original folder when it refiles them. The -link option keeps a copy in the original folder, as well as filing a copy in the new folder. Preserves the number of a message in the new folder. Normally, when a message is refiled in to another folder, it is set to the next available number in that folder. The -preserve option keeps the number of the message the same in the new folder as it had been in the old. You cannot have two messages with the same number in one folder, so you should use this option with care. Specifies the source folder to take messages from. Normally, messages are refiled from the current folder into another folder. However, you can take mes- sages from a different folder by using the -src +folder option to specify the alternative source folder. DESCRIPTION
Use the refile command to move the specified message from the current folder to another folder. You can refile messages in more than one folder by giving multiple folder names as arguments. If you do not specify a message, the current message is refiled. You can refile a message other than the current message by giving its num- ber as a msgs argument. You can also refile more than one message at a time by specifying more than one message number, or a range of mes- sage numbers, or a message sequence. See mark(1) for more information on sequences. The current folder remains the same unless the -src option is specified; in that case, the source folder becomes current. Normally, the last message specified becomes the current message. However, if the -link option is used, the current message is not changed. If the Previous-Sequence: entry is set in the file, in addition to defining the named sequences from the source folder, refile will also define those sequences for the destination folders. See mh_profile(4) for information concerning the previous sequence. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory Folder-Protect: To set protections when creating a new folder rmmproc: Program to delete the message EXAMPLES
The following example refiles messages 3 and 5 in the folder +records: % refile 3 5 +records The next example files the current message into two folders: % refile +jones +map The next example takes message 13 in the current folder and refiles it in the +test folder. The mes- sage remains in the current folder as well as appearing in the +test folder. % refile -link 13 +test The next example takes a message from the folder +test when it is not the current folder, and places it in the folder +outbox: % refile 3 -src +test +outbox FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
folder(1), mark(1), mh_profile(4) refile(1)